Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting (5741 Views)

Latest Paypal Scampage V8 For Sale, Comes With Shell And Free Hosting / Free Hosting Offer / HELP PLEASE!!! What Is The Advantage And Disadvantage Of Using Propellerads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by apogeez(m): 11:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
The title said it all "What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting"
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by bedfordng(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2016
apogeez:
The title said it all "What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting"
you get kicked out anytime any day, they may run advert on your blog, they may redirect your visitors to another site, their server is slow, they don't offer mostly all features etc. Free hosting should only be used for testing and practise purpose

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by techmart(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2016
yea
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by emmaak2(m): 6:24am On Jun 29, 2016
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Letsgoandfuck(m): 6:25am On Jun 29, 2016
Hosting? Which football tournament una wan host?

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by kayojosephy(m): 6:26am On Jun 29, 2016
sofsaf169:
k
Guy your craziness na season film, y all dis rubbish on a thread like this and who still falls for this scam of yours? Get a life and find something worthwhile to do with your time.. Cheers.
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Lildav: 6:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Limited functionality!! Some features of your dashboard or cpanel will be disabled! Not advice able!
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by iamdotune(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2016
I don't have any clue about this, but I must comment
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by whizbee(m): 6:40am On Jun 29, 2016
1. You basically don't have the full control of your website's administration.
2. You must expect your site to show ads that will never generate cash for you but your host.
3. Possibility of domain theft.
4. There's also limited space and bandwidth.
5. No security for your site.
6. Expect your site to be deleted at any time.
7. Your host will solely determine the type of site you can run, basically, your choices will be limited.

The above list is little of What your free host can do to you, always go for paid hosts.

Do you need a low cost website design, check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Cooleasy(m): 6:44am On Jun 29, 2016
Some of the advantages and disadvantages actually vary from one free host service to another.
I have a website that I've been operating since November 17, 2006. It is an entirely free hosting service; but I've found a lot of advantages in this particular free hosting service to the extent that I stick to them. Never paid a single penny but has made a lot of money from using this service. God willing on November 17 this year my free hosting website will be exactly 10 years old. Now, this is not really a promotion for that free hosting service that I've been using but to make a point that a few of them, while still having a couple or so limitations as some posters pointed out above, are quite good that they are worth the try. Still, the ultimate is paid hosting service if you don't want limitations.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by profhenrii(m): 6:46am On Jun 29, 2016
Pls guys I need a free domain registration and hosting service provider/site. I intend to use it for training purpose only. I've been searching for a while now and unable to find one.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by apogeez(m): 6:47am On Jun 29, 2016
mr2kay:
The worst thing you can ever get for your blogging career.
2key my mentor
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 29, 2016
olimsy99:

{4gb for 1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000
add us on whatsapp / BBM den drop ur number   
na just this month you register to scam people. How will any good thing locate you?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Cooleasy(m): 6:57am On Jun 29, 2016
profhenrii:
Pls guys I need a free domain registration and hosting service provider/site. I intend to use it for training purpose only. I've been searching for a while now and unable to find one.
PM me for the information. I will give you a very good one. I won't ask you for anything o and you won't pay them any single penny. It's a win-win-win situation for you. You are the one who will gain, all the way. And it's very easy to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Raypawer(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2016
bear in mind, notthing is free, ur paying in one way or another

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by UrBaesBoo(m): 7:09am On Jun 29, 2016
Nice thread here... Pls can anyone recommend a decent free hosting site? Just for personal testing ..thanks
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by dearsly(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2016
Cooleasy:
Some of the advantages and disadvantages actually vary from one free host service to another.
I have a website that I've been operating since November 17, 2006. It is an entirely free hosting service; but I've found a lot of advantages in this particular free hosting service to the extent that I stick to them. Never paid a single penny but has made a lot of money from using this service. God willing on November 17 this year my free hosting website will be exactly 10 years old. Now, this is not really a promotion for that free hosting service that I've been using but to make a point that a few of them, while still having a couple or so limitations as some posters pointed out above, are quite good that they are worth the try. Still, the ultimate is paid hosting service if you don't want limitations.

Can you let me know about it?...I gat a domain i'm not using.....its parked but ain't generating no $
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by verabetsy(f): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2016
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by apogeez(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2016
verabetsy:
how to read and understand for all Nigeria students

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/06/10-crucial-techniques-to-read-and.html?m=1
the post is interesting, why not post it here in nairaland and check ur ability through peoples comment.
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Thobiy(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2016
bedfordng:
you get kicked out anytime any day, they may run advert on your blog, they may redirect your visitors to another site, their server is slow, they don't offer mostly all features etc. Free hosting should only be used for testing and practise purpose
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Thobiy(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2016
whizbee:
1. You basically don't have the full control of your website's administration.
2. You must expect your site to show ads that will never generate cash for you but your host.
3. Possibility of domain theft.
4. There's also limited space and bandwidth.
5. No security for your site.
6. Expect your site to be deleted at any time.
7. Your host will solely determine the type of site you can run, basically, your choices will be limited.

The above list is little of What your free host can do to you, always go for paid hosts.

Do you need a low cost website design, check my signature.
Yep
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Cooleasy(m): 7:45am On Jun 29, 2016
Raypawer:
bear in mind, notthing is free, ur paying in one way or another
I've been using my own for almost 10 years now, without paying a dime, directly or indirectly. Rather, I am the one who makes money through it. Things like that are very rare, but bros, they exist.
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Cooleasy(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2016
dearsly:

Can you let me know about it?...I gat a domain i'm not using.....its parked but ain't generating no $
I have replied your pm.
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by tweetsme(m): 7:50am On Jun 29, 2016
UrBaesBoo:
Nice thread here... Pls can anyone recommend a decent free hosting site? Just for personal testing ..thanks
go to freehosting.com and present a good reason why you need their hosting.. They are good

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 29, 2016
Many Disadvantages , files uploaded to free host are always deleted perhaps yearly.

Don't just start with free hosting if you wanna blog . It would waste ur time
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2016
Your visitors will tend not take you very seriously.

Imagine if Jumia writes you with a Gmail email address...
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2016
bedfordng:

Yes you're right.

I lost a $40k website i hosted for free.

Simply means Awuf isn't always safe.
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by chibestjerry(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Cooleasy:

PM me for the information. I will give you a very good one. I won't ask you for anything o and you won't pay them any single penny. It's a win-win-win situation for you. You are the one who will gain, all the way. And it's very easy to do.
what website will i create a free host please
Re: What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting by cnnamoko(m): 8:42am On Jun 29, 2016
You don't have 100 per cent control over your site..

Read my signature for web design mobile app etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Earn Money Online Legitimately? / Web Site For N1,000(php,html) / 4 Sure Ways Of Making Extra Cash From Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.