Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust (21822 Views)

14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust / Ahead Of 2019: Ambode, Fashola In Political Mudslinging- Daily Trust / Jibrin Secretly Begs Dogara Over His Suspension - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by HungerBAD: 4:51am On Jun 28, 2016
There is a standard tactic employed by people scared of being brought to justice in Nigeria: attain notoriety by mounting a pre-emptive campaign of calumny against the authorities so that when eventually investigators knock on the crook’s door, the suspect can scream persecution! Bias! Political victimisation! When a hardened pickpocket is caught red handed, he doesn’t beg for mercy. He tries to bully/bluff his way through. In Lagos-speak, the trick is called “Ogboju pass power”.

The suspicion that Ayodele Fayose rigged his way to the governorship of Ekiti State is not a new one. Indeed, a series of investigations had been commenced by the various security and anti-graft agencies after the release of audio tape evidence by Capt Sagir who witnessed the grand heist. Now the EFCC, having followed the trail of slush funds deployed to subvert the people’s will, have frozen Fayose’s account in furtherance of their investigation.

Of all the salacious stories that have made the rounds in the public space, the one that struck me was how Fayose’s share of the N4.7 billion were moved. It reads like a Nollywood script.

*“The N1, 219, 490,000 was in two consignments but flown in the same aircraft twice in the morning and in the evening. From FAAN records, the first cash of N724, 500,000 arrived at Akure Airport at an estimated time of 9.38am and the second was at 17.57 hours.

*Obanikoro handed over the funds to Fayose’s associate, Abiodun Agbele (alias Abbey). This Abiodun in company with the bank officials moved the money to Zenith Bank in Akure.

*The N1, 219, 490,000 was not deposited in any account but it was kept in a vault in the bank. It took the bank officials about 10 days to count

*On June 26, 2014, the wanted associate (Abiodun Agbele) paid N137 million into Ayodele Fayose’s account 10003126654 with Zenith Bank through Teller-0556814. Fayose’s BVN on the teller is 22338867502. On August 22, 2014, he paid N50 million into the same account. By the records from the bank, Abiodun paid another N118, 760,000 into Fayose’s account on 27/8/14.*

*Based on the transfers, Fayose moved N300 million to a Fixed Deposit Account No 9013074033 with Zenith Bank ….*
*After that, Abiodun deposited another N100 million from the N1, 219, 490,000 into Spotless Hotel Account run by Fayose and Helen Olayemi Fayose with Account No. 1010170969, Fayose’s BVN is 223338867502 and Helen’s BVN in the account is 22298990256.*
*The governor and Helen are the two directors and signatories of Spotless Hotel account.*
*On June 19, 2014, the same account received N300 million and another N200 million on June 23, 2014. The BVN of the account is 22235692890….” Et cetera.*

Fayose insists that the EFCC has over-reached itself by freezing his account as his position as governor constitutionally guarantees him immunity from prosecution. As usual, lawyers are divided on the issue. Not that they are famous for unanimity on anything anyway. Fayose says his campaign was funded by Zenith Bank. The bank quickly issued a rebuttal.

Rather than deny the cold facts unearthed, Fayose has resorted to the standard “Ogboju” of counter-allegations. His public protestations are like those of a man accused of stealing who, instead of denying, accuses his neighbours of worse crimes and says, “Why not catch my neighbours first?”

Eminent lawyer, Femi Falana endorses the EFCC move and adds that, “If he is indicted, Fayose ought to be prosecuted by the EFCC since the immunity of a governor is put in abeyance when the legitimacy of his election is in dispute”. His analysis makes sense to me because it appears to toe the line of argument of the Supreme Court on the freezing of assets. Delivering the leading judgment of the seven-man panel of the Supreme Court on Friday 10th May, 2002 on whether a governor can be investigated, Justice S.O. Uwaifo, J.S.C (as he then was), held inter alia: “That a person protected under section 308 of the 1999 constitution, going by its provisions, can be investigated by the police for an alleged crime or offence is, in my view, beyond dispute”. I agree with Falana. Fayose’s goose is cooked.

As the Fayose drama was playing itself out, PDP senators fired their own ‘Ogboju pass power’: “We the PDP Senators … deliberated on the state of the Nation and to examine our position on unwarranted threats to the legislative arm of government, particularly to the Senate leadership by the executive arm as well as the on-going intimidation and persecution of the opposition party (PDP) by the ruling party (APC)”. They said they were therefore withdrawing their support for President Buhari. Blackmail, cheap shameless ‘*jankara’* blackmail!

Is Buhari now expected to stop the anti-graft war so as to be in the good books of those over-pampered freeloaders? Anyone who has a case to answer should just go and face the courts. This *‘gra-gra’* will not wash. The campaigns of hate making the rounds will fail. For once, those who have looted our collective patrimony all these years are about to find out that while they may succeed in eluding justice a hundred times, the law has only to be vigilant once to nail them. And since some of them are saying they have dossiers on other people in government, the public expects them to overcome their cowardice and publish those dossiers. Otherwise let them remain silent forever.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/opinion/fayose-s-ogboju-pass-power/152719.html

54 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by TI1919(m): 5:02am On Jun 28, 2016
Oyah Fayoshe come jump and pass

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cool

18 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by vedaxcool(m): 5:08am On Jun 28, 2016
grin grin gboju gboju Fayose think he is dealing with the man on the streets he fails to note that this is not the streets it is evidence based. While he has billions in his account he deceive the people with cutting kpomo as if he is ordinary.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by jcflex(m): 5:23am On Jun 28, 2016
Well said, the governor is a street boiz, hence his behavior.

jst like Olamide said, you can take the boy out of ghetto, but you cnt take ghetto out of the boy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by MidasTouche01(m): 5:31am On Jun 28, 2016
People's Governor

I'm sure when Buhari is ready for him he won't be able to talk his way out of Buhari's net, people like Metuh and FFK even tried and failed....

Ps: this will only be possible if God postpone Buhari's punishment till he has destroyed Nigeria to a substansible level grin

3 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 5:38am On Jun 28, 2016
The good news is, ogboju can't work on a determined leader like Buhari. Fayose can continue to grandstand, at the right time, he will face the music in court. Metuh, FFK, Saraki, Ekweremadu etc are living examples. You just can't bluff your way past PMB.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Firefire(m): 6:08am On Jun 28, 2016
Ogboju Ode' ninu Igbo Irunmole.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by mu2sa2: 6:10am On Jun 28, 2016
These days ogboju pass power is the common antics of politicians. It's deployed virtually everyday. From Fayose, Saraki, Ekweremadu, fani kayode to Ben murray- bruce it's been ogboju pass power all the way.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by PRYCE(m): 6:37am On Jun 28, 2016
Rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by dunkem21(m): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2016
Trash undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by labamo07(m): 6:44am On Jun 28, 2016
The present government is ready to bend any pro active and vibrant political opposition in office because all of them be thieves and they know each other's books and records. All they need to do is just to switch on activation mode of the anti graft agencies in your direction..................

4 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2016
Every Society needs a Fayose -- Prof Akpa of BSU

10 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Progressive01(m): 6:49am On Jun 28, 2016
There is a standard tactic employed by people scared of being brought to justice in Nigeria: attain notoriety by mounting a pre-emptive campaign of calumny against the authorities so that when eventually investigators knock on the crook’s door, the suspect can scream persecution! Bias! Political victimisation!
This has ALWAYS been my opinion from Day1.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by themilanway(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2016
PRYCE:
[quote author=dunkem21 post=46997036]Trash undecided

Your brains are filled with rubbish and trash.

Fayose in due time will meet his water loo.At the appropriate time,he will dance naked at the village square.

When the gods wants to kill a man,they make him run mad first.

His days are numbered.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by omolola15(m): 8:05am On Jun 28, 2016
There is a standard tactic employed by people scared of being brought to justice in Nigeria: attain notoriety by mounting a pre-emptive campaign of calumny against the authorities so that when eventually investigators knock on the crook’s door, the suspect can scream persecution! Bias! Political victimisation! When a hardened pickpocket is caught red handed, he doesn’t beg for mercy. He tries to bully/bluff his way through. In Lagos-speak, the trick is called “Ogboju pass power”.

This writer just spoke my mind. And some wailers are still falling for this trick.

I see some people saying trash and rubbish. Make una no worry. Fayose's time is almost up.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by looseweight: 8:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Yea
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 28, 2016
And since some of them are
saying they have dossiers on other
people in government, the public
expects them to overcome their
cowardice and publish those dossiers. Otherwise let them remain silent
forever.

I like this part like 'dodo' .
Fayose.... I dont understand why someone who has more than a skeleton in his cupboard keep inviting police to come and check his house out..

I think Fayose is either an idiot or those witch in his father compound are not dead yet.
He's a garage thug and a cheap thief. Hmmm.
He should learn some politics from Nyesom Wike.

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by goodlifehyd(m): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2016
PRYCE:
Rubbish!
Why not tackle the message with a sound reply instead of showing off your normal wailing attitude. Fayose himself knows he's been cornered and there's nothing he could do about it than scream until he joins his paddies in kuje where he truly belongs. FFK and metuh are already organizing a welcome party for him

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by hazyfm: 8:07am On Jun 28, 2016
cheesy

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by dammytosh: 8:08am On Jun 28, 2016
Lol

Funny
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by SeverusSnape(m): 8:09am On Jun 28, 2016
dunkem21:
Trash undecided
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by rileywillis: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2016
dunkem21:
Trash undecided

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 28, 2016
[b]No Ogboju can save any Governor if the Presidency decides seriously reason his matter.

He tried the same Ogboju tactics with OBJ, Nyako did same too with GEJ and he rued it.

If you are not a witch, you wouldn't be hunted. To those who are defending Fayose online, I hope you know he doesn't know most of you exist.
[/b]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by funmilade4real(m): 8:11am On Jun 28, 2016
Ole

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2016
they have been doing this thing since day one when pdp came in. Pdp is linked wit every rubbish happening of recent

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by otukpo(f): 8:13am On Jun 28, 2016
This fayose sef.

I never understand the kind person he be.
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by seguntijan(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2016
Question :
Since Lagos is reaping over N250bn monthly in IGR, can they acquire other none performing state? e.g # Ekiti

12 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by omogidi234(m): 8:15am On Jun 28, 2016
This BVN guy is a scammer oh! I got to know this when I went to FIRS office in V.I, one old man was denying his transaction for the purpose of company income tax. The young man at the desk just asked '' Baba please give me your BVN?'' I was wondering why, it was there and then that it occurred to me that any Government agency can trace any of your banking transactions with just a click.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by koboko69: 8:18am On Jun 28, 2016
I mentioned it several times that Fayose is only having a basket mouth against the government cos he knows the atrocities he has committed. It was a deliberate plan to attack the government everytime so the script of "silencing the opposition" or being witch hunted can be successfully played. Well Fayose just earned a new name. OGBOJU MASTER

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by iamboody(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Instinct will tell any reasonable person that can not read between the line that Fayose can not win the election without being beneficial of Dasuki Gate. He just love to counter every moves which is childish to me. Well I love the phrase 'gra-gra no go wash'. He was even fix depositing money that was meant for election as if it is his money. That was exactly how they all fixed the money Jonathan gave them during campaign and betrayed him. Jonathan said it that all of you will vomit the money and Fayose is not an exemption.
I even like as Jonathan no dey even intervene to save anybody's ass. The man just dey enjoy himself dey move from one conference to another.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2016
omogidi234:
This BVN guy is a scammer oh! I got to know this when I went to FIRS office in V.I, one old man was denying his transaction for the purpose of company income tax. The young man at the desk just asked '' Baba please give me your BVN?'' I was wondering why, it was there and then that it occurred to me that any Government agency can trace any of your banking transactions with just a click.

BVN be like you wey chop Akara, if the oil no stain your hand, definitely your mouth must smell it.

Fayose ti ru igi oyin.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by HouseT: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2016
Playing smart on the law of the land will not fly.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falana: El-Rufai Declaring Ayuba Wabba, NLC Chairman Wanted Is Laughable / APC Releases Revised Presidential Campaign Council List / Keep Quiet, You Have Failed’ – Wike Blasts Amaechi, APC Leaders In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.