Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust (21821 Views)

14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust / Ahead Of 2019: Ambode, Fashola In Political Mudslinging- Daily Trust / Jibrin Secretly Begs Dogara Over His Suspension - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by seguntijan(m): 8:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Funny enough Fayose tenure is ending before 2019. I pity this man!!!
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by omogidi234(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2016
seguntijan:
Question :
Since Lagos is reaping over N250bn monthly in IGR, can they acquire other none performing state? e.g # Ekiti

Get thee behind me @ seguntijan. If Lagos Purchases my state, what will happen to all my documents bearing Ekiti as state of origin?
Won't these Visa Officers think I am confused as to my state of Origin. What about my governor, would he now become 2nd deputy to the performing AMBO? " Abeg, abeg, abeg", dont even go near selling my state oh.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Damola00: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2016
APC with their propaganda.. Una don forget say lala toroke ile lonbo.. You can't hold the power forever..
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by longitto(m): 8:50am On Jun 28, 2016
This is d time I av been waiting for. I knew dis time would definitely come. What pains me most is that some brainless people will still come out and be supporting these corrupt politicians. That shows how vast immorality has taken over some of my country men

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Every Society needs a Fayose -- Prof Akpa of BSU
The qualification of that professor should be questioned. No sane society will tolerate Fayose.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by batstan(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2016
seguntijan:
Question :
Since Lagos is reaping over N250bn monthly in IGR, can they acquire other none performing state? e.g # Ekiti
grin grin grin
Ask Oruma Etteh, Stock or Bond?
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Suntzung: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

The qualification of that professor should be questioned. No sane society will tolerate Fayose.
GBAM ! Ekitians over to you.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by fakati(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2016
From all indications fayose's time is up
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by TS2(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2016
My people...wherever you are now, whatever you are doing, please take a minute a listen to me briefly abeg.

Drop your pens, look up, reduce the volume of your tv, guy - commot your ear piece, aunty, look up, Mummy over here. Do I have your attention now? Ok

Everybody, please clap for Jagaban...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by simplyhonest(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
still, he should not be harrassed....enough of this public dance of shame with a man that can be properly prosecuted without trampling on the constitution
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by taemilola(f): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2016
God will punish all of u one by one.
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by TS2(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2016
taemilola:
God will punish all of u one by one.

All of who please?

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by taemilola(f): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2016
TS2:

All of who please?
all the thieves who called themselves politicians.

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by ajasa4link: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Every Society needs a Fayose -- Prof Akpa of BSU
What do u expect from professors who teach with 1988 lesson notes? May the God bless the said prof with a son/grandson like Fayose. Ise
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Jimwalex(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2016
Firefire:
Ogboju Ode' ninu Igbo Irunmole.

Bro,pls how and where do i get this book..i have been searching for it for long.thanx
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by mannobeGod: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2016
See money movement... nawa o.

Imagine how Nigeria is loaded with all these Icon , Heroes ..... haha.. not good is coming out of Naija..
Abeeeeeeegggggg nothing works..... Remove Fayose, remove Aregbe, remove Pastor osinbajo, bring in federalism bla bla.... whether you like it or not another political monk is still gonna be there to finger your girl ass.... hahaha

Bro you either run or stay to swim in this pool of empty,shameful,wicked,barbaric,stupid,political slavery nation.
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by mostob(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2016
any politician no matter how much he/she stole always become a new creature immediately he/she decamp to apc.pmb is busy prosecuting pdp political leaders.what of fayemi,amaechi and fashola,are they not thief? even pmb himself is a thief. we the youth should always think.we are the leaders of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by mostob(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

u should come try aregbe out if fayose is not tolerable

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by TS2(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2016
taemilola:
all the thieves who called themselves politicians.

Oh ok. Yes I agree with you.

I want to eat indomie.
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by SucreB: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2016
this is nothing but trash!!!

absolutely nothing to gain from this article......#walksaway
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by bluebabyboy1: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
mostob:
[s]any politician no matter how much he/she stole always become a new creature immediately he/she decamp to apc.pmb is busy prosecuting pdp political leaders.what of fayemi,amaechi and fashola,are they not thief? even pmb himself is a thief. we the youth should always think.we are the leaders of tomorrow[/s].

If these people you have mentioned their names are really thieves (as you have boldly written) why dont you provide evidence of their transactions The people you claim are being prosecuted actually committed the offences because EFFC have facts and figures. PDP is still very powerful because they spent 16 years ruling - so do you want to tell me they cant provide any evidence of corruption against the names you mentioned? Until you are able to back accusations with facts, then i recommend you close your mouth and let the yam eaters (with glaring evidence) face the reggae!!! Leaders of tomorrow indeed, - your tomorrow was destroyed yesterday by your yam eaters. grin
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by vic4real22: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Jimwalex:

Bro,pls how and where do i get this book..i have been searching for it for long.thanx
especially that book tittled akara ogun, but i doubt if u can find them again.
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by drkells(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
Though illiteracy one of fayose greatest challenge,guess those pushing you will accompany you to the hills.[quote author=HungerBAD post=46995844]There is a standard tactic employed by people scared of being so that when eventually investigators knock on the crook’s door, the suspect can scream persecution! Bias! Political victimisation! When a hardened pickpocket is caught red handed, he doesn’t beg for mercy. He tries to bully/bluff his way through. In Lagos-speak, the trick is called “Ogboju pass power”.

The suspicion that Ayodele Fayose rigged his way to the governorship of Ekiti State is not a new one. Indeed, a series of investigations had been commenced by the various security and anti-graft agencies after the release of audio tape evidence by Capt Sagir who witnessed the grand heist. Now the EFCC, having followed the trail of slush funds deployed to subvert the people’s will, have frozen Fayose’s account in furtherance of their investigation.

Of all the salacious stories that have made the rounds in the public space, the one that struck me was how Fayose’s share of the N4.7 billion were moved. It reads like a Nollywood script.

*“The N1, 219, 490,000 was in two consignments but flown in the same aircraft twice in the morning and in the evening. From FAAN records, the first cash of N724, 500,000 arrived at Akure Airport at an estimated time of 9.38am and the second was at 17.57 hours.

*Obanikoro handed over the funds to Fayose’s associate, Abiodun Agbele (alias Abbey). This Abiodun in company with the bank officials moved the money to Zenith Bank in Akure.

*The N1, 219, 490,000 was not deposited in any account but it was kept in a vault in the bank. It took the bank officials about 10 days to count

*On June 26, 2014, the wanted associate (Abiodun Agbele) paid N137 million into Ayodele Fayose’s account 10003126654 with Zenith Bank through Teller-0556814. Fayose’s BVN on the teller is 22338867502. On August 22, 2014, he paid N50 million into the same account. By the records from the bank, Abiodun paid another N118, 760,000 into Fayose’s account on 27/8/14.*

*Based on the transfers, Fayose moved N300 million to a Fixed Deposit Account No 9013074033 with Zenith Bank ….*
*After that, Abiodun deposited another N100 million from the N1, 219, 490,000 into Spotless Hotel Account run by Fayose and Helen Olayemi Fayose with Account No. 1010170969, Fayose’s BVN is 223338867502 and Helen’s BVN in the account is 22298990256.*
*The governor and Helen are the two directors and signatories of Spotless Hotel account.*
*On June 19, 2014, the same account received N300 million and another N200 million on June 23, 2014. The BVN of the account is 22235692890….” Et cetera.*

Fayose insists that the EFCC has over-reached itself by freezing his account as his position as governor constitutionally guarantees him immunity from prosecution. As usual, lawyers are divided on the issue. Not that they are famous for unanimity on anything anyway. Fayose says his campaign was funded by Zenith Bank. The bank quickly issued a rebuttal.

Rather than deny the cold facts unearthed, Fayose has resorted to the standard “Ogboju” of counter-allegations. His public protestations are like those of a man accused of stealing who, instead of denying, accuses his neighbours of worse crimes and says, “Why not catch my neighbours first?”

Eminent lawyer, Femi Falana endorses the EFCC move and adds that, “If he is indicted, Fayose ought to be prosecuted by the EFCC since the immunity of a governor is put in abeyance when the legitimacy of his election is in dispute”. His analysis makes sense to me because it appears to toe the line of argument of the Supreme Court on the freezing of assets. Delivering the leading judgment of the seven-man panel of the Supreme Court on Friday 10th May, 2002 on whether a governor can be investigated, Justice S.O. Uwaifo, J.S.C (as he then was), held inter alia: “That a person protected under section 308 of the 1999 constitution, going by its provisions, can be investigated by the police for an alleged crime or offence is, in my view, beyond dispute”. I agree with Falana. Fayose’s goose is cooked.

As the Fayose drama was playing itself out, PDP senators fired their own ‘Ogboju pass power’: “We the PDP Senators … deliberated on the state of the Nation and to examine our position on unwarranted threats to the legislative arm of government, particularly to the Senate leadership by the executive arm as well as the on-going intimidation and persecution of the opposition party (PDP) by the ruling party (APC)”. They said they were therefore withdrawing their support for President Buhari. Blackmail, cheap shameless ‘*jankara’* blackmail!

Is Buhari now expected to stop the anti-graft war so as to be in the good books of those over-pampered freeloaders? Anyone who has a case to answer should just go and face the courts. This *‘gra-gra’* will not wash. The camp
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by dumie(f): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Always playing to the gallery

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by Jimwalex(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
vic4real22:
especially that book tittled akara ogun, but i doubt if u can find them again.

I heard they are available but just dont know how to get them
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by mostob(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
bluebabyboy1:

If these people you have mentioned their names are really thieves (as you have boldly written) why dont you provide evidence of their transactions The people you claim are being prosecuted actually committed the offences because EFFC have facts and figures. PDP is still very powerful because they spent 16 years ruling - so do you want to tell me they cant provide any evidence of corruption against the names you mentioned? Until you are able to back accusations with facts, then i recommend you close your mouth and let the yam eaters (with glaring evidence) face the reggae!!! Leaders of tomorrow indeed, - your tomorrow was destroyed yesterday by your yam eaters. grin
what b pity! it is a shame ur stupidity has converted ur small brain to brawn.are u now saying all those apc symcophant are clean? better wake up
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by creepsyme(f): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
HungerBAD:
There is a standard tactic employed by people scared of being brought to justice in Nigeria: attain notoriety by mounting a pre-emptive campaign of calumny against the authorities so that when eventually investigators knock on the crook’s door, the suspect can scream persecution! Bias! Political victimisation! When a hardened pickpocket is caught red handed, he doesn’t beg for mercy. He tries to bully/bluff his way through. In Lagos-speak, the trick is called “Ogboju pass power”.

The suspicion that Ayodele Fayose rigged his way to the governorship of Ekiti State is not a new one. Indeed, a series of investigations had been commenced by the various security and anti-graft agencies after the release of audio tape evidence by Capt Sagir who witnessed the grand heist. Now the EFCC, having followed the trail of slush funds deployed to subvert the people’s will, have frozen Fayose’s account in furtherance of their investigation.

Of all the salacious stories that have made the rounds in the public space, the one that struck me was how Fayose’s share of the N4.7 billion were moved. It reads like a Nollywood script.

*“The N1, 219, 490,000 was in two consignments but flown in the same aircraft twice in the morning and in the evening. From FAAN records, the first cash of N724, 500,000 arrived at Akure Airport at an estimated time of 9.38am and the second was at 17.57 hours.

*Obanikoro handed over the funds to Fayose’s associate, Abiodun Agbele (alias Abbey). This Abiodun in company with the bank officials moved the money to Zenith Bank in Akure.

*The N1, 219, 490,000 was not deposited in any account but it was kept in a vault in the bank. It took the bank officials about 10 days to count

*On June 26, 2014, the wanted associate (Abiodun Agbele) paid N137 million into Ayodele Fayose’s account 10003126654 with Zenith Bank through Teller-0556814. Fayose’s BVN on the teller is 22338867502. On August 22, 2014, he paid N50 million into the same account. By the records from the bank, Abiodun paid another N118, 760,000 into Fayose’s account on 27/8/14.*

*Based on the transfers, Fayose moved N300 million to a Fixed Deposit Account No 9013074033 with Zenith Bank ….*
*After that, Abiodun deposited another N100 million from the N1, 219, 490,000 into Spotless Hotel Account run by Fayose and Helen Olayemi Fayose with Account No. 1010170969, Fayose’s BVN is 223338867502 and Helen’s BVN in the account is 22298990256.*
*The governor and Helen are the two directors and signatories of Spotless Hotel account.*
*On June 19, 2014, the same account received N300 million and another N200 million on June 23, 2014. The BVN of the account is 22235692890….” Et cetera.*

Fayose insists that the EFCC has over-reached itself by freezing his account as his position as governor constitutionally guarantees him immunity from prosecution. As usual, lawyers are divided on the issue. Not that they are famous for unanimity on anything anyway. Fayose says his campaign was funded by Zenith Bank. The bank quickly issued a rebuttal.

Rather than deny the cold facts unearthed, Fayose has resorted to the standard “Ogboju” of counter-allegations. His public protestations are like those of a man accused of stealing who, instead of denying, accuses his neighbours of worse crimes and says, “Why not catch my neighbours first?”

Eminent lawyer, Femi Falana endorses the EFCC move and adds that, “If he is indicted, Fayose ought to be prosecuted by the EFCC since the immunity of a governor is put in abeyance when the legitimacy of his election is in dispute”. His analysis makes sense to me because it appears to toe the line of argument of the Supreme Court on the freezing of assets. Delivering the leading judgment of the seven-man panel of the Supreme Court on Friday 10th May, 2002 on whether a governor can be investigated, Justice S.O. Uwaifo, J.S.C (as he then was), held inter alia: “That a person protected under section 308 of the 1999 constitution, going by its provisions, can be investigated by the police for an alleged crime or offence is, in my view, beyond dispute”. I agree with Falana. Fayose’s goose is cooked.

As the Fayose drama was playing itself out, PDP senators fired their own ‘Ogboju pass power’: “We the PDP Senators … deliberated on the state of the Nation and to examine our position on unwarranted threats to the legislative arm of government, particularly to the Senate leadership by the executive arm as well as the on-going intimidation and persecution of the opposition party (PDP) by the ruling party (APC)”. They said they were therefore withdrawing their support for President Buhari. Blackmail, cheap shameless ‘*jankara’* blackmail!

Is Buhari now expected to stop the anti-graft war so as to be in the good books of those over-pampered freeloaders? Anyone who has a case to answer should just go and face the courts. This *‘gra-gra’* will not wash. The campaigns of hate making the rounds will fail. For once, those who have looted our collective patrimony all these years are about to find out that while they may succeed in eluding justice a hundred times, the law has only to be vigilant once to nail them. And since some of them are saying they have dossiers on other people in government, the public expects them to overcome their cowardice and publish those dossiers. Otherwise let them remain silent forever.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/opinion/fayose-s-ogboju-pass-power/152719.html
Fayose is just a man of many troubles.
Re: Fayose’s Ogboju Pass Power- Daily Trust by kristisking(m): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hungerbad i can see the effect of hunger in you. APC apologist. Hold your opinion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms Fayemi’s Election, Dismisses Eleka, Pdp’s Appeal / Tinubu Holds Meeting Traditional Islamic Leaders In Kastina (Pictures) / We Are Planning For Nigeria's Poor In 2016 Budget ' VP Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.