Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve (49760 Views)

See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam / Quantitative Reasoning I Couldn't Solve / See Riddle The Gods Of Wisdom Couldn't Answer(can You?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by laperson: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thank you bro. Sincerely, I solved all the questions within three minutes of setting my eyes on them but will never take pride in such...Our education is full of theoretical jargons. We encourage our children to go to school and conquer theoretical analysis and reasoning of all kinds without emphasis on the practical aspect or alternatively the application of these theories. However, I will give anything and everything into learning how to build robots and cybernetic organisms. I appreciate the practicality of academics as compared to showing-off of same which ultimately gives a feeling of self-aggrandizement that one is actually knowledgeable...

djblue007:
Thank God I have people that reason like I do. I think those examiners were even oblivious of this subtle error. I started my workings the same way this sister pointed but lost interest as the problem became rather more complicated. The moment you as a Mathematician start getting more complicated results which are not reasonable you retrace your steps.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by assana: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
tenk heavens me and Maths no b 5&6 kudos to all who sloved the equations
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by verabetsy(f): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

Wrong....
Man's age - 5X
Son's age - X
Four years ago the product of their ages (not the son's age) was 448
(x-4) (5x-4) = 448 5x^2 - 24x - 432 =0 Using the quadratic formula
X= 12 or X= -7.199
As we know age cannot be negative so the son's age is 12 years.
The father's age is 60 years

X and 5x is it not supposed to be +4?
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by idowuayo101(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
(3) Father = 60 years old, Son = 12 years old
(7a) n = 0 or 1
(7b) x = 1 or 4
(9a) The number is 94

* I found that each of the questions could be solved using quadratic equations....been a while since this man don do this kain maths. Lool
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by idinc(m): 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
let son's age = X thus father's age=5X four yrs ago 5X(X)=448 thus 5X^2=448 X^2=448/5 X^2=89.6 X=√89.6 X=9.5~10 (9.5 approximated to 10) thus son's age four yrs ago =10 also father's age four yrs ago=5(10)=50 therefore their present ages respectively will be 14 and 54 ans.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Damfash(m): 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
achidisucre:

U r jst Carl Gauss, u really made ma day, I toiled hours tryinu solve dis shit, was almost dere bt cudn't fathom 2-digit definition, albeit solved odas. Thumbs up! U r indeed a brainiac.
wow! Thanks boss, glad you got it.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Horlawale1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Dude to build a robot you require knowledge in Mechatronics engineering. . . Even common mesh/node analysis requires math, and finding 'x'. Without math all the inventions people are making in other countries would not have existed. Rather, the reform Nigeria needs is to fund practicals and research in universities

My point.......

More of praticals and not just solving for x, y, n....

1 Like

Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
Horlawale1:

My point.......

More of praticals and not just solving for x, y, n....
Ahh ok then bro. The way you worded your post got me confused lol

1 Like

Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Horlawale1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Xflint:

Are you discouraging the young ones or are u encouraging them?

Will be glad when Nigeria education sector introduce more practical in the system and not just theory throughout years of education.

My point....
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Horlawale1(m): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Xflint:

Are you encouraging the young ones or are you discouraging them?

How will you encourage the younger ones that education is the best, wen they are surrounded with unemployed graduates.

Nigeria education sector needs review.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Horlawale1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Ahh ok then bro. The way you worded your post got me confused lol

Now u understand, join me in this mission.

Nigeria education sector needs review.

More of praticals I advocate for.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Horlawale1(m): 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wealthgang:

'X' has been helping mankind since d days of d tower of babel and pyramid building.

Man can't do w/o 'X'.
W/o 'X' no computers/internet, no banking system, no space travel, no high-tech comm, no robotics, no automobiles, no satellites, no advanced architecture, structures, weapons, etc.

Math has applications in almost every sphere of human endeavor

In Nigeria or somewhere else
Bro my point is more practicals and not excess theory.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by InfomejobsN: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wealthgang:

Govt secondary skul math teachers

it well o

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
TITOBIGZ:
We r cominggringrin

Now lemme solve am,you see when x.....ooops they don solve am sef.Am arahere mehngrin
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Xflint(m): 7:01am On Jun 30, 2016
nwadiuko1:
Jesus I hate mathematics, can we have a thread where we solve questions for accountancy, economics and banking and finance students?

Maybe i will add it in my forum. But i barely have idea of them.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by tayo200(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2016
proudly mathematician..lemme give it a touch
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Xflint(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2016
tayo200:
proudly mathematician..lemme give it a touch

we r waiting
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by owoyemigb: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
I think we need to have a rethink on question 3.
If we are saying the son is 12 years and father is 60yrs, then the man is not 5 times older, instead the solution given on this platform is saying that the man is four times older.
Re: NECO Math Questions Some Teachers Couldn't Solve by Festy4u(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
owoyemigb:
I think we need to have a rethink on question 3.
If we are saying the son is 12 years and father is 60yrs, then the man is not 5 times older, instead the solution given on this platform is saying that the man is four times older.

I think you need to retool on your arithmetic because (12 x 5) is obviously 60 which means x=12yrs, the son's age and 5x=5(12yrs)=60yrs, the father's age.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Department Is Full Of Females / Egyptian Archaeologist Discovered 3500 Years Old Mummy As They Explore Tombs(PIC / Atlanta Teacher Blasted For Releasing A Twerk Video On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.