Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (64236 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
mizzochocinco:
What actually causes stress is lack of a healthy eating lifestyle. Most of the food average Nigerian woman are exposed to do not only cause obesity, but it can also affect functionality of vital organs and cause other illnesses like depression, alzeheimers and gut problems.

Don't I just adore you. Using myself as an example, when I'm stressed, I crave junk food. I'm an emotional eater, but I've been able to recognize that and just consume just protein and vegetables. I try not to consume over 30 g of carbs n fat in a day. And drink lots of water! It helps a great deal!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Cherlene(f): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
tomquest:

I tire o, e be like say she dey on the "large" side of the divide.

Oyind17 abeg o no pun intended o. And I'm not generalizing.

Cc oyind17

Hihi, no wahala.

Oyin we dey wait for your reply ooh.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
vague:
yes the very same i do not care attitude you have towards your bank account. While a small boy like wizkid is driving ferrari and aston martin, you find a lazy 30yr old man, taking bus to work making noise about marriage! Its really irritating.

When the wife starts taking off her ring and hanging around Alhaji in hotel rooms they will scream "hoes ain't loyal" when its their laziness that pushed their wives into another man's arms.

This your way of reasoning is very unhealthy and dangerous for your life. I'm just advising you. The spirit which led you to mention Wizkid should have reminded you of Linda Ikeji... Abi she no get vagina like you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by GodblessNig247(m): 11:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
sinaj:
check d nxt poster kid!

U look very young but very mature in responding to harsh mentions. Keep it up youngie grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by SemuhleB(f): 11:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
While I do admit some ladies let go after marriage but what about men too. So those with potbellies and those who gain weight should also do something about their weight. If a man does not look the same as he did before marriage then quite frankly he should not complain about his wifes weight.

I believe that it should be a combined effort. Both men and women should try and keep themselves looking good after marriage. Women also feel attracted to a guys physique. Do you actually think women love those big pot bellies and flabby everything? It takes two.

Secondly I think you men should encourage women more and support them with regards to weight loss then complaining and whinning all the time. That would make a big difference

Sometimes its very hard to lose weight when you have no support. Work, kids, chores etc becomes too much but if you perhaps decided on joining gym together or going for jogs and walks together and eating healthier together than it will become easier for her to lose weight.

This reminds me about a sad story whereby a husband was constantly complaining about his wife's weight to her and in her desperation she went to buy diet pills and she died because of that.

Another point is some ladies generally pick up weight when they get older and after giving birth and some women may never go back to the size when they were younger.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by SMARTKOSSY: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
pcguru1:

I took my time to read your question and proceeded to check your previous contents, then sat down for a long time deciding on what to say, but i realized you are not probably not married or matured enough, and it's not a bad thing.

First you failed to realize that even the men too, add weight not just women, but i guess your purpose is to attack women so that part would be insignificant, then you say women are to lazy to do exercise, you do realize in this economy, your average married woman is working a 9-5 job taking care of the children and also the husband and you are saying she should add an additional exercise, also you do realize that when a woman gives birth her body changes and it will never be the same, but oh no you are comparing a married woman taking care of children and the husband with a young girl who knows nothing about family responsibility.

By the time you read this out loud, you will understand how you sound now ? Take care be nice to women they go through alot fvcking b.ullshit, the last thing they need is another bashing thread on NL especially from single peeps who know nothing about marriage wink
u r not making any sense actually. Is it meant for just female celebs to get back to shape? I ll never be alive n watch my wife go shapeless cuz of laziness or lack of exercise after birthing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by valslove8715(f): 11:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
halfricanadian:
The problem the husband nd his relative will giv her is enof for her to swell up from within

OMG! ur comnent really crack me up dear, u can say that again. Husband's family problems is more than enof to make a woman swell up.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by mizzochocinco: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
vicchi12:

Don't I just adore you. Using myself as an example, when I'm stressed, I crave junk food. I'm an emotional eater, but I've been able to recognize that and just consume just protein and vegetables. I try not to consume over 30 g of carbs n fat in a day. And drink lots of water! It helps a great deal!
Try to detox as well it helps keeping you stress free, my favourite is warm water with cinnamon and honey mixture. It doesnt taste amazing but it will definitely help you sleep well at night have you feeling like a princess when you wake up in the morning
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by halfricanadian(f): 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
valslove8715:

OMG! ur comnent really crack me up dear, u can say that again. Husband's family problems is more than enof to make a woman swell up.

smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:01am On Jun 29, 2016
ivyy, please don't let this happen to us, please don't grow fat embarassed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MCeeShort(m): 12:02am On Jun 29, 2016
mizzochocinco:
Did you also know that Angelina Jolie has had her fair share of plastic surgery and she is currently weighing 75lbs because she survive mostly on wine and smoking to suppress her appetite. By the way only 3 of those 7 are her biogical children. You are clearly not informed, you may need to do your research smiley
Like Angelina or Victoria Beckham, how many Nigerian men can afford to send their wives for Buccal fat removal, liposuction or tummy tuck which usually costs not less than $8,000 per procedure? smiley
I am even taking it too far, how many Nigerian men can afford providing their families with healthy food and nutritional supplements that Western people eat to stay healthy?

Really? Thanks for the direction. What about Diana Rose? She did a tummy tuck too? Or our very own Kenny St. Brown?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:
I met some former colleagues of mine whom I'd seen about 6 years ago. Believe me, while I was able to recognize all the guys, it was a Herculean task identifying all the ladies, most of whom I knew to be slim/trim/curvy and unmarried then. Almost all of these once-slim ladies are now looking big and fat and absolutely less plummy than they used to be.

Why is it hard for MANY married ladies to stay trim and sexy? Is marriage a "breakthrough from hunger" or what? And why do they express shock when their husbands go after trim and shapely ladies outside? Is it that they didn't know that men are typically motivated by sensual sights?

I've seen a lot of ladies in their 30s who are so lazy to even take a 20 minutes walk in a week, at least just to exercise and burn some fat. Let's not even mention going to the gym. They drive or board okada all their lives. And when they eat, you'd ve amazed at the amount of calories they consume!

Are this category of ladies aware that the game is becoming dangerously tighter because "oga" is constantly inundated with young, trim, energetic and sexy girls on a daily basis; while his own wife keeps growing fat and out of shape and looking like his mother? Guys, do you like your wife looking like she's your mum?

I support a healthy lifestyle but what grinds my gear is this inane idea that you and other shallow minded folks share that thin is sexy.

Ladies, what you look like is not necessarily an indication of your overall state of health.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2016
I think it's cus naija girls don't like to work, work, work, work, work, work angry

tell her to work out and she'll start shouting like, "he say me have to work, work, work, work, work" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2016
MCeeShort:

So stress now makes people fat? U will make a good consulting paediatrician!

I'm no pediatrician.... Dietician, you meant. Anyway, stress, too much exercise, too much food, not enough food. Different things! And people's metabolism is different. My body works better with fat(I mean natural fat). Carbs kill my body. So everyone is quite different. You've just gotta find out.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by girl4rmspace(f): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2016
That's because they refuse to take care of their body due to the fact that they are already married. They assume there's no need to try to make themselves more attractive anymore. And i think that's a wrong mindset.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by SemuhleB(f): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
u r not making any sense actually. Is it meant for just female celebs to get back to shape? I ll never be alive n watch my wife go shapeless cuz of laziness or lack of exercise after birthing.

Firstly you better not gain weight during marriage and become fat due to laziness and lack of exercise.

Secondly FYI diet counts 80 percent and exercise 20 percent. I know some people who go to gym everyday but do not lose weight.

Your wife will probably gain weight during pregnancy and carrying your child. Secondly it takes a while for a woman to heal. I hope you not expecting your wife to start doing vigorious exercises immediately after giving birth. Give her some time. Be supportive and reasonable instead of insultive and mean. You both can benefit from combined healthier eating and exercise.

Some women really marry demons smh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MCeeShort(m): 12:08am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

I'm no pediatrician.... Dietician, you meant. Anyway, stress, too much exercise, too much food, not enough food. Different things! And people's metabolism is different. My body works better with fat(I mean natural fat). Carbs kill my body. So everyone is quite different. You've just gotta find out.

I hear...so 80% of Nigerian married women have same metabolism, according to ur analyses. If not, explain why the trend's like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Kollyk11(m): 12:10am On Jun 29, 2016
becos dey have finally transferred all their worries and fears. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by DoctorMcgruff: 12:10am On Jun 29, 2016
how many have the time? when they are already slaving away for their husbands? Go to work, raise kids, cook food, clean house, care for husband....where will they get the time? IF the husband wants a fitter wife, do better to help around the house.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by diva90: 12:12am On Jun 29, 2016
MissRike:
It's basically coz of child birth moreover, they're enjoying the proteinous mixtures of their husbands' hmmm.....you know

I'm MissRike

Not an excuse! Anybody can have kids and still stay trim. It's really all about diet and lifestyle. The truth is that most women stop taking care of themselves after marriage. I know some hot good looking mothers who have had up to 3 kids but are still unbelievably fit and can pass for a single lady who hasn't had a kid.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by mizzochocinco: 12:12am On Jun 29, 2016
MCeeShort:

Really? Thanks for the direction. What about Diana Rose? She did a tummy tuck too? Or our very own Kenny St. Brown?
If your mother and sisters are all the same size, then there is definitely no excuse for any Nigerian woman to be fat. I'm sure Diana and Kenny can afford granola for breakfast, caesar salad and fish for breakfast and butternut soup with ciabatta for dinner, and how many times have you cried out blood of Jesus over buying apples or popcorn for your girlfriend?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by bongolistik(m): 12:14am On Jun 29, 2016
donokoh:
@op na sperm dey cause am , simple and short.
na big fat lie. These days guys and girls have been fAcking each other for long before they get married

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 29, 2016
Funny but i dont think i've ever seen a married man that still maintains his six pacs
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2016
MCeeShort:

I hear...so 80% of Nigerian married women have same metabolism, according to ur analyses. If not, explain why the trend's like that.
Uhmmm, why you trying to put on a spot. What I said is based on my general knowledge. I'm not a researcher, neither am I a doctor of any kind. K?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by SemuhleB(f): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2016
Samzack:

Havnt u seen women like kim, she has 2 children yet looking better dan she was wen she got married itz laziness jst 2 sit dwn nd blame it on a particular situation,work out burn out fat cuz trust me ur looks is wat attracted ur husband 2 u in d first place

How can you compare Kim k to the average person. Firstly she looks better cos she can afford all the plastic surgery, personal trainer, chef and anything to help with her weight loss while the average person does not have access to it.

Laziness is doing nothing. If your wife sits at home all day. No work, no cooking and cleaning and not taking care of the kids and husband then you can say she is lazy. If she is doing all that how is she lazy? Its not about laziness but diet. If you consume foods high in carbohydrates , calories and fat then you will gain weight simple.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 12:17am On Jun 29, 2016
abike12:

Nope it's not a crime. Since your response is calm, I'll add that as people get older their metabolism slows down, mid-age weight gain is real. Specific hormones make it worse in women than men, that's why if you know any older women that never got married or had kids they also get bigger. Of course exercise can combat it, but the predisposition to gain weight as you age has little to do with marital status.

Pleas go back to my post you mentioned and take note of the words in caps. Once again, we are discussing EXCESS WEIGHT here ok?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:
Don't you know child bearing makes a woman pull on weight?
Anyway u are right on one thing, Nigerian women are too lazy to watch their weight. However, weight gain of a partner should not be an excuse for adultery.

#my2cents#
It is in my book...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Shym3xx: 12:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Why won't they get when all they do is eat and sit on the phone gossiping all day? grin

Also, why do naij women always have protruding lower bellies below the abdomen? I think it's unique to only naij women.

That shyte is the most unattractive shyte ever. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MCeeShort(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2016
mizzochocinco:
If your mother and sisters are all the same size, then there is definitely no excuse for any Nigerian woman to be fat. I'm sure Diana and Kenny can afford granola for breakfast, caesar salad and fish for breakfast and butternut soup with ciabatta for dinner, and how many times have you cried out blood of Jesus over buying apples or popcorn for your girlfriend?

This is one nonsense I hate...u can't have a genuine exchange with a Nairalander and that person remains objective. They must always attack ur person or ur family.

May the peace of the Lord be with u.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MCeeShort(m): 12:22am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Uhmmm, why you trying to put on a spot. What I said is based on my general knowledge. I'm not a researcher, neither am I a doctor of any kind. K?

Then stop trying to share a knowledge u don't have!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vague: 12:23am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

This your way of reasoning is very unhealthy and dangerous for your life. I'm just advising you. The spirit which led you to mention Wizkid should have reminded you of Linda Ikeji... Abi she no get vagina like you?
may the spirit that led you to mention Linda Ikeji remind you that Linda Ikeji is not married and you are talking about married women. She has no Nigerian man frustrating her life so why wont she look sexy?

What is your excuse when Davido was driving a GL wagon before he even got his Bachelor's degree? Your way of reasoning is very unproductive and very dangerous for any babe that is serious with her life. A shameless man like you will knock 30yrs and will still be calling oga landlord to extend the due date for rent. Get ordinary common sense and make money, you no go gree!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vague: 12:27am On Jun 29, 2016
Shym3xx:
Why won't they get when all they do is eat and sit on the phone gossiping all day? grin

Also, why do naij women always have protruding lower bellies below the abdomen? I think it's unique to only naij women.

That shyte is the most unattractive shyte ever. grin
Uncle you don reach 40 and you are still paying rent in someone else's house while someone old enough to be your son like Davido had a triple storey house before he even graduated. What is your excuse for reaching mid-life broke?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Marries His Crush Of 6 Years, Then Grabs Her Butt - PICS / Wife Beats Husband Till He Faints After Catching Him In Bed With Another Lady / Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.