Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 (430 Views)

Cheap Politics: How Lai Mohammed Sponsored Youths With 20k To Blackmail Saraki / Politics | How Nigeria’s President Wasted One Year In Office – Igbokwe Stanley / FG Will Privatize Refineries Before December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 by aloeman15(m): 4:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
After I read the post below on the thread: http.www.nairaland.com/3193107/nigerians-expect-great-miracles-osinbajo
'Re- Nigerians Expect Great Miracles - Osinbajo' by mrvitalis(m): 11:56am', I thought it would be a good idea to start a forum-wide series that has the thread title in the theme I used above.
This means that you can post in any section using the title format and anyone searching for answers will get results on the same broad topic.
mrvitalis:
The truth is we have a messed up economy
We all depend on oil sells and few solid minerals to bring dollars to us... And we forgot to save... And now the oil money is no more coming and since we must feed we need dollar to buy foreign goods... This will lead to devaluation of the naira.... That's it
We had no savings (Like OBJ did for yaradua) so what do we do??... We have to endure first of all...
Then the next thing is to try and decrease our dollar demand and how can we do that.. By trying to produce what we need here... And what are they
Petrol, rice, wheat, glass, Cloths, sugar ... All this we can produce here and if we do that's the dollar demand will drop
We also need to produce things we can export to make more dollars... And this I think we can do and the only logical thing I can come up with that is in great demand is ethanol

Here is the plan
Government should as a matter of urgency acquire 5 Million hectares of unfarmed land... We plant cassava and sweet potato and this will will yield over
100 million tons of cassava and potatoes... This will give u 15 billion litres of ethanol valued at around 10 billion dollars... China can loan us the farming equipment and fermentation plants.... And we use this to fund next year capital projects
Repeat this year and use the money to build railway sea ports... Power plant sand in the next 10 years we sale to individuals... This can help us before we reposition our self
Thanks and God bless... This my own one kobo
@ mrvitalis-
Sir, is this a means of forex income, fuel production or just job creation?
Also, how long would it take to produce the first liter of ethanol, if govt started immediate consultations on july 1st?
Re: Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
aloeman15:
After I read the post below on the thread: http.www.nairaland.com/3193107/nigerians-expect-great-miracles-osinbajo
'Re- Nigerians Expect Great Miracles - Osinbajo' by mrvitalis(m): 11:56am', I thought it would be a good idea to start a forum-wide series that has the thread title in the theme I used above.
This means that you can post in any section using the title format and anyone searching for answers will get results on the same broad topic.

@ mrvitalis-
Also, how long would it take to produce the first liter of ethanol, if govt started immediate consultations on july 1st?
A maximum of 18 months... And that's because of the fabrication of the fermentation plants.....
Sweet potatoes take 6 months, cassava takes 6-10 months.. I believe if we have mini fermentation plant on each farm instead of centralized plants we could achieve it in 18 months....
I can work on a time frame.... But getting the lands is the main problem that I see sha... That was y I said unfarmed lands....
Will differently work more in it If am asked to
Re: Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
aloeman15:

@ mrvitalis-
I thinks it is a combination of forex (because ethanol is in high demand for bio fuel and we can beat the US for the eu market since we are closer
Fuel production as we can include 10% ethanol I'm our petrol and import 10% less petrol
People will have to operate this farms and plants... But efficiency will be the watch word... No one will be employed to sit and do nothing
Re: Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 by Chigorkizz(m): 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Politics- How To Diversify Before December 31, 2016 by aloeman15(m): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
But why not just use what's currently available, instead of starting a new project that's prone to so many pitfalls?
For example-
Biogas plants can generate power for farming communities, making them off-grid. Separate plants in city townships can convert sewage or brewery effluent.
Wouldn't Simple public-private partnerships do the same thing, much faster? And without the fear of contractors inflating costs or failing to meet targets?
I think a plant in my estate would be preferable since I can monitor abu, obi and ope. Compared to xyz conglomerate ltd locating the plant in a fenced off bush.
Abi?

(1) (Reply)

MOON LOSS? / Buhari Considers Hadiza Bala Usman As Head Of NPA / Pls Nigerian Students NDU Students In Bayelsa Needs Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.