Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees (28629 Views)

Why We Bought N3.6bn Exotic Cars During Recession –reps / Buhari Pays Homage To Ewuare, Oba Of Benin / Halliburton Scandal: Aisha Buhari Pays Sahara Reporters For A Faked Us Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Ayomi088(m): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
Leboska:
if @ all this is true I can bet you is going to be 99% northerners & 1% southerners.
you need reorientation slap
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by olaasiwaju: 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
Handsome presido. May Allah guide and protect you sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Kamozee(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
cnwokike:
Federal Government has paid the sum of N1.6bn to 638 awardees of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria, YouWin, programme, an initiative of the past government.
There have been fears about the government of President Muhammadu Buhari scrapping the programme, with series of protests over the delay in grants.

But Na’inna Dambatta, director of information at the ministry of information, said the money was paid in June.

He said under the programme which took off in 2011, a total of 18, 000 young entrepreneurs were trained in management and business skills for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

Dambatta said 3, 900 of the trainees, including 1, 200 women, were each given non-repayable take-off grants ranging from N1 million to a maximum of N10 million for businesses of their choice.

“The third edition of the programme, which is still running with 1,500 beneficiaries has received the sum of N11.2 billion in funding,” he said in a statement.

“So far, grants totaling N7.4 billion have been disbursed to the awardees.”

Kemi Adeosun, minister of finance, said the current administration was set to restructure the programme in line with its “change” agenda.

Adeosun said the restructuring would ensure efficiency, transparency and accountability in investing the capital grants given to the beneficiaries.

She added that all the commitments made by the federal government under the YouWIN programme would be fully met.

She said every beneficiary would be duly verified, using tools like bank verification number (BVN), before disbursements.

The minister said the federal government would begin consultations with the beneficiaries and other stakeholders of the programme to inject new ideas for its sustainability.

According to the statement, the ministry of finance, which has been running the programme from inception, will hold the consultation on July 22 in Abuja.

Winners of the third edition of the programme, earlier this month, stormed the headquarters of the ministry to protest the delay in the payment of their grants.

NAN

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/28/buhari-pays-n2-6bn-to-638-youwin-awardees/

I am a YouWIN! Awardee and I haven't been paid. Not even up to 60 out of the 680 awardees have been paid. Its quite unfortunate the kind of government we have whose aim is to build a legacy of incessant lies!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by gozmok1(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
LIES WITHOUT END AM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR DENIAL AS USUAL
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by SamMilla1(m): 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
So how come none of these people has said anything about it?
Did Buhari tell them not to say anything about it?

Until some of them comes out to tell us this is true, i will take this news the way i take APC news.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by mashnino(m): 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
eugene77:
APC & lies is just like bread & butter. The govt has not paid the Youwin3 awardees ooooo! I know so many Youwin3 awardees who are bn owed their 2nd & 3rd tranches. These guys are truly doing well in their various businesses but I don't know why the present govt refused to pay up their merritted state-up grants but decide to tell lies to the world. Pls, Buhari & Adeosun should pay & encourage these guys in their brave efforts to curb unemployment to the bearest minimum in this country. Any furhter delay to settle these young & vibrant entreprenuers will be a regarded as sabotage to the Nigerian Youths.

Go and beat him now

rubbish, the disbursement has not started yet

they will start with verification before any disbursement happens

so stop insulting yourself, learn how to read and comprehend

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by 7Prophets(m): 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is clear example of how committed Mr. President is in cushioning the sufferings of Nigerians which every other countries have at one time or the other, pass through including America but today is great just because of the patient and cooperation from its citizens which at this CRITICAL TIME, is expected from us (Nigerians) knowing that soonest we'll all SMILE with the impact of the CHANGE MANTRA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by jcross19: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=MrNigeriaPMB post=47020479][/quote]is there one paid? If there is someone could have confirmed it.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by igboboy3(m): 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
YouWIN awardees( last tranche) have not been paid

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by AngryNigerian(m): 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
Oh Lord...let this trend of good news do continue! I de go dust off my biz-plan o. Buhari, pls dont listen to detractors...jus continue
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by GloriaNinja(f): 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
mtchewwwwww!
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by sbabimbola(f): 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
we
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by eugene77: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
APC & lies is just like bread & butter. The govt has not paid the Youwin3 awardees ooooo! I know so many Youwin3 awardees who are bn owed their 2nd & 3rd tranches. These guys are truly doing well in their various businesses but I don't know why the present govt refused to pay up their merritted state-up grants but decide to tell lies to the world. Pls, Buhari & Adeosun should pay & encourage these guys in their brave efforts to curb unemployment to the bearest minimum in this country. Any furhter delay to settle these young & vibrant entreprenuers will be a regarded as sabotage to the Nigerian Youths.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Terry1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
We have not been paid why is Federal Government lying against youth that trying to create thousands of employments? This money was set aside since 2013, FG say on it all these while, now because YouWiN awardees protested they are bringing out fake news and paying different media to publish it.

Mrs. Kemi why the lies?
FG why the lies?
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by sbabimbola(f): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
we are watching........
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by MaryRose27: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
This information should be verify as officials of this administration have sugar-coated tongue. Just two weeks ago or so, VP Osibanjo made a statement in Dakar Senegal that Nigeria has paid all its outstanding bills to the sub-regional Body- ECOWAS. Meanwhile information coming out from a worker in one of its (ECOWAS) arms in Dakar (Intergovernmental body against money laundering in Africa) is the Nigerian Government has refused to pay any of its debt and that is why those recently given the Ecowas fellowship are starnded in the various countries that they are.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Legitbaba(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
januzaj:
[s][/s]

Guy u still dey United?? Or.u follow LVG go??
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Legitbaba(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
januzaj:
[s][/s]

Guy u still dey United?? Or.u follow LVG go?? Cos mouriho no go.use you o
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by sbabimbola(f): 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kamozee:

I am a YouWIN! Awardee and I haven't been paid. Not even up to 60 out of the 680 awardees have been paid. Its quite unfortunate the kind of government we have whose aim is to build a legacy of incessant lies!

You should just know that the P in APC stands for PROPAGANDA!

Still watching...
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by EbukaLive(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Kamozee:

Please sir, you quoted the whole article sir. Can I ask you a simple question sir? Did you read the whole article or just the headline sir. Eh sir, looking forward to hearing back from you sir...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Duru009(m): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
What policy or program has this govt intiated since assumption.....
"absolutely nothing"

thy ar still leaving on the glory of d past govt...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by 4tune490(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
sad
Leboska:
if @ all this is true I can bet you is going to be 99% northerners & 1% southerners.
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by tenmillion(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dear all

The federal govt paid the second tranche of the youwin money of #5million early these month of june due to a friends organisation

Though the expected 2nd tranche was #6million but #5million was paid and they still awaits the 3rd tranche later

Just to let you all know that the money awarded was #10million while #2million was paid on 10th of march,2015 last year why the change in govt caused the delay of the second tranche and the subsequent one and the initial delay was due to the bank they used which is UBA but later rectified.

For any one that has the contact of the Youwin staff in Abuja,you can ask them about it and also know that they'll pay you later because the friends company in question has lost hope in the money already and it was eventually paid

Godbless nigeria and everyone of us all
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
eugene77:
Read u will not read
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by push24: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
shocked

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by norriswood(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
Leboska:
, so far he paid them who cares where they came from
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by Fourwinds: 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
Leboska:
if what u type here is anything to go by, it means GEJ was very foolish to have made it 99% northerners and 1% southerners because it is a program of past administration
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by CSTR2: 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
MrNigeriaPMB:

And 99% notherners are not Nigerians abi

Cant u jus b positive for once

Are u allergic to good news?
That is if northerners contribute 99% to the entrepreneural base of this country. If northerners gets 99%, then the SE who are the most commercially inclined in that shitty country should get what?
You are all mentally sick people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by aloinet: 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
I hope they have really paid the YouWin Entrepreneurs.

Meanwhile, after posting the list of PRESSID scholars in 2015, the scholars are yet to hear anything from the Federal Government. Not even a single e-mail or text message since the last election telling the scholars the way forward. The Federal Government should also let us know what is going on with the disbursement of funds for the 102 PRESSID Scholars awarded in 2015.

http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/
Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by francizy(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
I thought modath and co, likened this scheme to a scam... Issokay... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Pays N2.6bn To 638 Youwin Awardees by castrokins(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lol Funny. They're Struggling To Mobilize Awardees, You're Here Asking For New Commencement. You've Not Heard There's A New Sherrif In Town?

pointstores:
when is registration going to commence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother, Wife Of Bandit Bokkolo Trapped As Air Force Bombs Militants In Sokoto / EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. / Boko Haram Overtakes ISIS As World’s Deadliest Terror Organisation-IndependentUK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.