Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

How To Negotiate A Roundabout - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Negotiate A Roundabout (936 Views)

See How A Little Turn Flipped A Mercedes Benz Coupe Sideways At A Roundabout / My Dads Car For Sale, No Fixed Price Jst Come And Negotiate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Negotiate A Roundabout by AutoJoshNG: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Roundabouts are designed to make intersections safer and more efficient for drivers and riders. However, driving through one could be pretty hectic as some drivers do not abide by the following guidelines which are required when negotiating a roundabout:

- When going straight: Do not use your turn signals, approach on the right lane, keep on that lane while in the roundabout and when exiting.
- When making a right turn: Use your right turn signal and approach the roundabout on the right lane.
- When making a left turn: Use your left turn signal before entering the roundabout and approach on the left lane. Maintain the left lane until you leave the roundabout.
- When making a U-turn: Approach on the left lane with the left turn signal on. Switch off the turn signal before you exit the roundabout.

Finally, you need to yield to vehicles in the roundabout, maintain a single lane as much as possible, keep moving and avoid driving next to large/articulated vehicles.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Car Wax / Help With My Rover 75 / Help With My 2001 Nissan Altima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.