Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police (15322 Views)

I’m Still Lagos Police Commissioner, Owoseni Says / Abbah Kyari Becomes The Youngest Assistant Commissioner Of Police In Nigeria / Sokoto Police Commissioner At The Home Of Shiite Leader. PICS (2) (3) (4)

Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:00am On Jun 29, 2016
By Olasunkanmi Akoni & Monsur Olowoopejo

Lagos—Apparently worried over the continued invasion of Lagos and Ogun community by unknown gunmen, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni said residents have lost trust in the country’s police formation. Owoseni expressed his concern  at the at the City Hall, Lagos, venue of the 2016 Stakeholders Forum organised by the Office of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Central Business District (CBD) themed: ”Toward a Lagos Island CBD Renaissance: Meaningful Insights and Commitment,” yesterday.

The police commissioner, who was represented by Chief Superintendent of Police, Olusegun Ajamolaya, the Divisional Police Officer of Victoria Island, lamented that Nigerians do not have trust in the police recognized by the 1999 constitution.

Owoseni who was one of the discussant at the security session which also include the Executive Secretary of the Lagos State Security Trust Fund, LSSTF, Mr. Abdul-Rasak Balogun, General Manager of AIICO Insurance Plc, Mr. Moruf Apampa, Barrister Kayode Adeluola, Chief Executive Officer of Integrated System and Devices Ltd, Mr. Oluseun Mabogunje and moderated by the former secretary of LSSTF, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey.

According to him, “The major problem we have now is for the citizens to have trust in us; they do not trust the police they have. They believe that if they give information to the police, they will sell out. And due to this, the maximum cooperation we should get from the citizens is lacking.

“We believe that larger percent of the reasons acclaimed by the residents were stereotype. The Nigerian police are evolving daily. We want you to have faith in us and I believe that we will not disappoint you,” Owoseni added. He argued that when information are divulged earlier, it would aid crime prevention, noting “crime prevention is the key to achieving a safe and secured society. If we are able to achieve that, other aspect of policing is secondary.

This is because we will be proactive and not reactive. Owoseni said the level of insecurity in the country demanded that “everyone must be alert; that is why we are promoting community policing.  Nigerians Police is not effective; we work day and night to ensure that the state is safe. “Policing Lagos is a big task especially as it concerns the population, the mode of crime committed and the unemployment rate in the state. That is why we have adopted to proactive and not the reactive strategy,” he said.

Ambode commends foreign, local investors

Meantime, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode at the same forum said that the activities of both local and foreign investors in the state are key indicators that would trigger economic growth and enhance the emerging opportunities in the socio-economic landscape of the state. The governor  also commended the enthusiasm of investors and entrepreneurs to put their money in good investments in the state.

He added that the present administration is also providing more opportunities to investors and entrepreneurs in the emerging economic profile of the Lagos Mega City in the various sectors of real estate development, marine transportation, commercial and business activities. Ambode, who was represented at the Forum by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr Tunji Bello, said the focus of his administration since inception has been to put in place necessary structures that would sustain a 24/7 economy in the “New Lagos”, adding that despite the global economic challenges, “we have ensured that the business districts functioned effectively to move the wheel of economic growth in the Lagos Mega City,” he said.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/ikorodu-killings-nigerians-lost-trust-police-cp/

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by mysteriousman(m): 5:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Who ever trust nigerian police, is there someone out there who trust them, if there is I doubt if he is a nigerian

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Michaeluzomam(m): 5:02am On Jun 29, 2016
IN THE NEWS:-

BREAKING! NIGER DELTA AVENGERS WRITES AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUHARI>>>READ HERE
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by goldust777: 5:06am On Jun 29, 2016
Hopefully they will tighten security in ikorodu because the attacks by deranged ijaw militants is a big blow to security in lagos state

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by sirteayeni: 5:07am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigerian police are capable of stopping the killings.
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by utenwuson: 5:08am On Jun 29, 2016
police wie no trust them sef say mk person com trust them! thunder fire naija 50 naira police

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by eleko1: 5:10am On Jun 29, 2016
Be ur own Security sad. Stop waiting for Niagra police. Wey normally dnt fuel to pursue criminals

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by MidasTouche01(m): 5:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Hian!!! If I hear!!

Who trust Police before

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by bosschinalu(m): 5:33am On Jun 29, 2016
WE TRUST MORE IN THE NIGER DELTA AVENGERS CAUSE DEM DEY DO AS DEM TALK...

UNLIKE THE ONLY POLICE LOGO WITH AN ELEPHANT.

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Taeewo(m): 5:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by doublewisdom: 5:42am On Jun 29, 2016
The real deal is that Nigerians have lost hope in Nigeria!

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Adeoba10(m): 5:45am On Jun 29, 2016
We don lose d trust tey tey....

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 29, 2016
Has he been sleeping? Nigerians lost trust in the police a very long time ago.

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Na only mad man go follow naija police discuss TRUST cheesy

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by M4gunners: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2016
I thought i just read about Nigerians approval on security under this government or someone is fooling himself? 57% of Nigerians believed that Nigeria is now more secured they said.

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Florblu(f): 6:14am On Jun 29, 2016
Woe unto a man who put his trust in Nigeria police. They are deadly more than the terrorist

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Kayrich(m): 8:38am On Jun 29, 2016
I think we need to correct an impression here. I am a yoruba man and lives in ikorodu and should believe what i want to tell. Those people are not niger delta avengers or millitants. They re ijaw lagosians who have been living in that axis for years dealing in pipe vandism and oil bunkering. Some of them even built houses there and some yoruba people are also working with them. When this people see that the millitary already taken over isawo town, they move towards that igboolomu/okeimuti/elepete/ajegunle axis to see if there ways can continue.
It do continues and later on govt had to stop fuel from flowing in those pipes thereby making these guys activities rendered useless.
What will they eat and how re they gonnna survive caused the present attach when they started stealing/robbing innocent people's belongings. That option of theirs which doesnt go well with the residents started the mayhem.
If u re conversant with isawo road u will know that owutu police station cant claim ignorancy in this matter. All u need to know about the mayhen, ask them they know about it.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by matt245(m): 10:57am On Jun 29, 2016
yes we have..you guys re trash

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by InfomejobsN: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigeria Police is a Big Joke

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Spells(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigerian police are da new thief's..... They r worst dan Devils

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Dongreat(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigeria police, smh. I laugh in Chinese. Those guys are worse that armed robbers. From what I witness yesterday when assisting my mum to go bail a friend, I confirmed that Nigeria police are full of lunatics in worn out black native. Stupid people that find you guilty without due process.

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Akinola660: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Good they know themselves
[img]http://i./in6mnJNYjGKpq.gif[/img]
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Alvinnado(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Killing for no just cause,
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Innodon(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Na today ? Nigerians have lost confidence in NPF since 1960

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2016
mysteriousman:
Who ever trust nigerian police, is there someone out there who trust them, if there is I doubt if he is a nigerian

Well said

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by ThrillmeatRep(f): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Before nko!

Trust at your own risk!
Nigerian police re not trustworthy once they wear their black attire like pall bearers

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by colli247(m): 11:02am On Jun 29, 2016
make una experience em sw wetin other the see
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by colli247(m): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2016
InfomejobsN:
Nigeria Police is a Big Joke

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
na now u no

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by qualityovenbake(m): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by BoboFashion(m): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Since 1921

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Maleeq(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2016
Duh!! You can't lose what you never had!
Re: Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police by Guyman02: 11:06am On Jun 29, 2016
goldust777:
Hopefully they will tighten security in ikorodu because the attacks by deranged ijaw militants is a big blow to security in lagos state

Dont derail this thread with tribal rants, Stop mentioning Ijaw militants as there is no serious evidence pointing to Ijaws or claim of responsibility by Ijaws.

But how can the people not lose trust in the police and how can the Nigeria Police be your friend when if you have a Policeman as your friend whenever he visits your house he will ask you 'wetin you keep for me' and when you visit his house he will ask you 'wetin you bring for me'?

Ondo Election: Elegbeleye Dumps PDP (photos) / INEC Fixes December 10 For Rivers Re-run, December 3 For Lagos & FCT / CJN Onnoghen: Amaechi Replies Wike