Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar (870 Views)

Actress Halima Abubakar Bares Her Boobs And Tattoo As She Steps Out In Style / Halima Abubakar Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction As She Steps Out Without Bra / Halima Abubakar Celebrates With Boobs Flaunting Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by noetic5: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
On Thursday, June 16, 2016, ENCOMIUM Weekly visited Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar in her Maryland, Lagos residence where she granted us an exclusive interview on a number of issues, including her stance on marriage, life at 31, her new book, among others.

On Sunday, June 12, 2016, you clocked 31. How does that feel?

I give glory to God. We grow daily and I believe I was already a year older since the beginning of this year. I have already been acting it, living it and taking decisions that are meant for that age. Being 31 is not a joke. I am already going far, and before you know it, I will be 40.

So, the years are running by and the birthday that’s just coming so fast is absolutely incredible. It’s a privileged to come this far and definitely, very lucky to add another year to my age.

What’s the significance of the new age?

To be able to see each day is a blessing no one can reverse. So, I will use this year and any other year to love and be loved.

How was the day celebrated?

I prayed and laughed like a child. I was expecting a little celebration, but I got a funny one instead. But I didn’t allow that to stop my happiness. This is my third birthday during Ramadan fasting and in three years. Actually, on the day, I was made a chief judge at Lagos fashion awards, The Most Beautiful Girl in Lagos. So, being a chief judge on my birthday was enough celebration for me.

What has actually changed in Halima Abubakar’s life between last year and now?

I am more matured and tolerant. I have also witnessed growth in every aspect of my life. But I don’t have money today, I believe I will surely have tomorrow. We’re appealing to President Muhammdu Buhari to release money into circulation now that the budget has been signed into law so that movies can sell.

What’s happening to your record label, not much has been heard about it?

I have sold so many movies, I am waiting for my returns. When I make returns about my investment on the movies, it’s then I can have enough money to run my record label. I can’t break a bank to run it. We need money to do that. But we have already shot videos, we also have books coming out.

So, I have a lot of things under Mode House. Ideally, we cannot sign any new artiste now. I also wrote a novel for children which I wanted to bring out on my birthday but the printing has not been completed. Very soon, I believe that will be done.

But it’s like you told us about the book when we had a chat with you sometime in 2015?

That book I told you about is my autobiography. This one I am talking about is a novel for kids. The book will be sold in schools. It’s going to be inducted into the libraries, it’s going to be sold in the bookshops. It’s a literary material.

Can you tell us the titled of the book and a little about it?

The title is still under wraps, but I am going to launch it and show it to the press. The price is going to be N500 for a copy. It’s not expensive. It’s something everybody would want to have. It may even sell out on the day of the launching. But it’s a book with a lot of drawings and each drawing has a story. It’s like a tale by moonlight but in a book form.

It’s very interesting because I drew all the animals and other things that were needed to make the book. It’s original, not copied from anywhere.

Your movie, The Bully was released sometime in January this year…

(Cuts in) Yes, it’s out in January and was watched by some people. The two other movies people are waiting to see now are, How I was raped and Hard way to freedom.

What’s the response like concerning The Bully?

The Bully is not a commercial movie. So, it will take a lot of time for people to watch it because it’s going round the schools. It’s an educational movie. I didn’t do it for commercial purpose just like I said.

That means it has not gone to the cinema?

No, it’s going to come to the cinema later. The cinema gave me a date in September but I can’t wait till September for the students to watch it. Now, it’s going round schools.

In Lagos state or where?

Not just Lagos but also Kano state. We’re doing Port Harcourt next. So, it’s like a tour.

How do you now recoup your investment on the movie?

So far, the places I have been to, they donated. It’s not like those schools or pupils who just want to watch movies for free because it’s about bullying. No, even the students we featured in the movie didn’t do it for free.

It’s like you’re the first person to do that kind of thing in the industry, how does that feel?

Yes, I am the first person to do that. I am glad. I may not be as rich as others but at least, I have accomplished a lot.

Financially, how rich is Halima now?

No money now, don’t let’s lie (laughs). We all need money, no doubt about that.

What’s your assessment of Buhari’s one year in office?

This is one of the most incredible years of my life as an adult. I have not been complaining. When I complain, then there is a problem. I really complained in the past one year. As a young chief executive officer (CEO), it has been incredibly hard. And for a young lady who has a lot of responsibilities, massive responsibilities for that matter, you will agree with me it can’t be that easy.

Source: http://encomium.ng/why-marriage-is-irritating-to-me-halima-abubakar/

lalasticlala ishilove ijebabe

Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by noetic5: 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
who marriage epp?

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by noetic5: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by mii4u(f): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
wats all these talks abt marriage, if u are not down with it, just kip it to ursef , there are a lot of pple out there who are enjoying theirs. Who marriage epp? if e no epp u, e epp others
Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
All iz well
Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by BoboFashion(m): 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Who marriage epp? Pls, don't discourage others that want to marry.
Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by doyinisaac(m): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
noetic5:
who marriage epp?
it helped tonto dike,mercy Johnson,Omotola jalade,femi adebayo...so please carry your stale comment away....the slang "who you epp etc is getting annoying and boring..

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Marriage Is Irritating To Me’ – Halima Abubakar by LesbianBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Stoopid girl! Better go and marry so a man can be Fvcking that your big ass shocked

(1) (Reply)

Stephanie Coker And Zainab Balogun, Who Nailed It Completely? / Regina Askia: Opens Up On Her Marriage, Why She Became A Nurse And Beauty Secret / Popular Broadcast Journalist, Olalomi Ejire, Dies At 54

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.