Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa (2728 Views)

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / Army Establishes Camp For Repentant Boko Haram Members / Unconfirmed: Soldiers On Rampage In Ogoni After Militants Killed Some Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by proudly9ja(m): 9:24am On Sep 05, 2009
Repentant Militants Threaten Return To The Creeks
From Willie Etim, Yenagoa

A FRESH threat is now facing the disarmament programme and amnesty deal offered by the Federal Government to militants. Reason: Repentant militants in Bayelsa State yesterday took to the streets in protest of their alleged neglect by the state government and the Presidential Amnesty committee; a development, which they say, may derail the entire process.

The militants also protested being housed in dilapidated building in rehabilitation centres and expressed displeasure over the disparity in payment between them and their erstwhile leaders whom they accused of enjoying much benefit from the state government while they were left at the mercy of the prevailing economic hardship.

The boys, numbering over hundred, threatened that they would abandon their leaders and go back to the creeks to resume their 'struggle' if they are not paid their allowances.

They also threatened that if their rehabilitation camps at the Ebis Guest House and Imirigi areas of the state were not refurbished, they would embark on violent and organized attacks on men of the Nigerian Police and the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) in the State capital.

The protest caused serious traffic jam when The Guardia visited the Biogbolo area of the state. However, the intervention of the JTF saved the situation from degenerating into chaos.

Some of the youths who spoke with The Guardian accused militia leaders such as Commander Ezizi Ogunbos, Commander Joshua Machiver, General Africa Ukparasia and Comrade Victor Ben Ebikabowei alias Field Marshal Boyloaf of conniving with the state government to divert the stipend released for their upkeep.

One of the youths, who identified himself as Ebi Johnson, said the deal they had with the state government and their leader, Boyloaf, was that they would be given a sum of N10million if they complied with the call for disarmament.

He claimed that most of the affected militants were stranded and had in the last few weeks been roaming the streets of Yenagoa, a situation he said could result in violent attacks and invasions of known members of the State cabinet and businesses.

The youths decried the situation where their leaders were being accommodated at the State House without any communication channel provided for their followers to contact them.

"We made an initial attempt to reach them but were turned back by heavily armed security men. We are warning the Federal Government to prevail on the Governor and the amnesty committee not to engage in acts to force us back to the creeks. We need our money and we need habitable camps to stay," one of them said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=050909&ptitle=Repentant%20Militants%20Threaten%20Return%20To%20The%20Creeks
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by otokx(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2009
This amnesty deal was designed to fail from the very beginning.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by larez(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2009
Who would employ guys who will pull out guns and threaten their Bosses when reprimanded? Criminals belong in prison where they should get enough time to reflect on their flawed ways.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by manmustwac(m): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2009
So the disarmament programme has failed already.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by GeorgeD1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
govt needs to wake up from its laxity if this amnesty is to work.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by chidyke77(m): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2009
Fed.govt is making a big mistake wt ds militants and the worst wl com if d go bk 2 d creeks again.
I thot d reached an agreement while d breach again. Na wao o!
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Donvilo(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
Goddammit!! There's real trouble ooo! shocked sad Something must surely be done about this otherwise, one isn't gonna know what will happen next! cry
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by showbobo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2009
I knew this right from the start lipsrsealed
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by zmurda(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2009
whoever thought the amnesty would work must be a dumbass.

the whole scam was put up by some corrupt peoples to make money, of course because baba-snail-brain couldn't think any more than his namesake and for lack of better ideas agreed.

i hiss in fulfude!
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by TheSeeker(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2009
I knew this was going to fail. Just less than 2 months into the program and everything has turned out to be scam. There's nothing honest about Nigerian governments. I'll see how they'll handle this one, especially when they boys are already threatening going back to the creeks to foment more chaos. This time will not be funny.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by texazzpete(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

I knew this was going to fail. Just less than 2 months into the program and everything has turned out to be scam. There's nothing honest about Nigerian governments. I'll see how they'll handle this one, especially when they boys are already threatening going back to the creeks to foment more chaos. This time will not be funny.

There's also nothing honest about 'repentant' millitants already threatening to go back to the creeks at the first sign of adversity.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by ajekpaks(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2009
this guys ought to go look for jobs, hustle like almost every body in nigeria, they were not even happy they where left to roam the streets freely after every thing they did??

make I shut up before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by IFELEKE(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2009
I wonder why people even believe in the whole amnesty bullshit.
For me,it's good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by sley4life(m): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2009
if the FG forgets them, then they can go back to their normal business
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by femzy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2009
Rubbish vs Rubbish
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by TheSeeker(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2009
texazzpete:

There's also nothing honest about 'repentant' millitants already threatening to go back to the creeks at the first sign of adversity.
Sometimes your pickup line leaves me doing nothing but wonder. What do you expect of criminals undergoing rehabilitation? And where you're when criminals undergo rehabilitation they have to undergo adversity such as highlighted in this report? My dear friend, be real with yourself because what you just said doesn't make any valid sense. Here are criminals making thousands and millions of Naira from kidnapping, ammo sales, drugs and such and after they've been convinced to drop their arms you expect them to be patient to put up with Nigeria government's failure to come up with what they promised? They've not performed a single part of their obligation and you say there's nothing honest about these criminals? Be more constructive when you point out your arguments next time, especially if you have to quote my comment.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by ideas78: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2009
I wish this doesnt go the way of other negotiations or rehabilitation commissions of the past the the FG had set up.
the truth the FG has failed on so many fronts

check what the Holy Book says righteousness exalts a nation and SIN is a reproach to any people.

Can  we ask the FG if they have true intents for the amnesty programme??/

they need to tell us. what has become of oputa panel, uwais panel?

Pls tell me
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2009
hi
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by MeGaStReEt: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
i knew it was not goina work
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Afam4eva(m): 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
it means the federal government was not serious from the word go. in which other country will you get militants to surrender there weapons for the sake of peace. . . . only in nigeria. they've been betrayed by the federal government and the consequencies will be very bloody.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by agitator: 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2009
since government no ready to solve the problem wey cause this militancy but them want to dey settle. Them go continue to dey settle and no matter how much them settle this matter no go die o
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by ifyalways(f): 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2009
Rofl . . . cheesy
Boyloaf don outsmart dem.why are they attacking just the Fed govt,what have they done to Boyloaf who took their money and is living big at the govt house  
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by GeorgeD1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2009
boyloaf loafing around in govt house? grin
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2009
hi
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by GeorgeD1(m): 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2009
easy money! grin
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by kosovo(m): 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
i actually watched the protest.
  but. but. if i said  there was no hope for Nigeria, some people would still disagree with me.
      speechless,
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by bawomolo(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
easy money keeps on pulling them back
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by Ehoi: 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2009
What all the squibble over 200 militants when there are more than 40,000 of them still at large.
By the way, this just shows that the government are only deceiving themselves hence these militants just want to grab anything the government is offering and then go back to what they do best. This also shows that the militants were not foolish enough to submit their weapons.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by holymike47(m): 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2009
From the very beginning, the militant leader warnrd the fed. govt that if he refuse to fulfill his promise, the consequences he will see will be far worse that what he has ever seen. What does that tell you? it means that these people still have weapons!
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by ebere1712: 1:38am On Sep 07, 2009
Why should someone claiming to fight for the masses as a militant request money for himself. Nigerians wouldn't seize to amaze me. I mean if u are a Niger Delta militant, you should fight for the people, not for urselve(even armed robbers in Nigeria can claim to be victims of the government's mismanagement of the country). If their is any real militant, he/she shd start demanding that jobs be created for the masses(instead of waiting for foreign investment), and public infrastructures maintained and upgraded. That's the job of a militant. I mean, I don't blame anybody for trying to cut his own national cake in this nit wit called Nigeria, but they shd pls stop making militancy look like a crime. Mandela was a militant, martin Luther king was a militant, ojukwu was a militant, zik was a militant, 2pac shakur was a militant. These are respectable people that fought along side and for their people. So if Mend and their leadership want to be remembered as militants and not criminals, they shd start acting like respectable people and stop demanding money for themselves. They shd rather demand things like social security and free education for the niger delta people . As for the Nigerian government, I think we can all agree that they are all bunch of criminals.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by ebere1712: 1:41am On Sep 07, 2009
I forgot to add that I don't care if they blow up the whole oil installations in the country. Infact I want them to do just that. Maybe after that , we would come to our senses and behave like normal human beings, instead of moronic assholes controlled by oil.
Re: 'Repentant' Militants Go On Rampage In Bayelsa by TheSeeker(m): 3:03am On Sep 07, 2009
Since these militants were so good at militancy, why didn't the FG just convert them to the Nigerian Army and send them out on different rescue and peace-keeping missions. That'd have stopped them from regrouping and they'd still be earning without the government having to pay out money to jobless criminals

(1) (2) (Reply)

Describe Nigeria In Two Words / Why Vote For Buhari / Bakare ? / They Laughed At Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.