Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: (3438 Views)

Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? / See What Israeli Prime Minister And Iran Leader Tweets After US IRAN Deal / What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by darkey(m): 10:05am On Sep 05, 2009
Hi Nl,
PLs i would like to know the difference between the two political posts,
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by darkey(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
come on now, no response
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by SirElaw(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
I just happen to be searching for an answer to this question now. I'll be back to give a reply when I get one.
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by SirElaw(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
It's complicated, that's the best way to describe the relationship between a minister and a minister of state of any ministry in Nigeria. On paper, they both have equal powers as both ministers are to know about everything in the ministry and decisions are to be reached after deliberations of both individuals. However, this is mostly not the case as there is always a subtle power tussle between both parties. The minister in a bid to establish his authority continually sidelines the minister of state in decision making. The latter at the end of the day ends up knowing close to nothing about the runnings of the ministry.
No ministry requires more than one minister, the position of minister of state should therefore be scraped.
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by SirElaw(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
darkey: come on now, no response
After 5 years and 6 days, now you have your answer. cool
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by jumobi1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Minister of state is a deputy/junior minister.
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Duplication of bureaucratic bottlenecks.

One is concerned with the macro elements of government business while the other harness and integrate the micro end into achieving a set goal.
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by lonelydora: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
One na Oga kpatakpata, the other one na second Oga. Minister and Deputy Minister
Re: Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State: by DonaldGenes(m): 11:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Oga, like some would say "No eye dear" lol

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Launch Independence Logo / Boason Omofaye's Business Morning On Channels TV Banned? / I Am Sick And Tired Of Tribal Politics - Who Is With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.