Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life (40123 Views)

4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially / Eight Ways To Improve Your Chance Of Becoming Wealthy In Life / Why You Have No Excuse To Remain Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by proprince(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
True
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by Davecafary(m): 5:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Op, your thread is Whack... sorry to say that...!! angry

Instead on focusing on the negatives, why can't you list the various ways one can be Rich?? undecided undecided

There are a million ways to die in the west, But there is only One Way to survive...

Show us the way to be rich and not the way to remain poor... angry

Everything the OP mentioned are all indirectly the things you should to become rich because those are the lifestyle of successful people...I hope you didn't really mean those things you typed.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
jbix:

no brother u first know d problem b4 u think of d solution. that's y u go for test before u start treatment. OP is very right, my parent r poor and I know 4 sure that these things listed here r the cause.

Avoiding being poor doesn't make you rich.... Am tired of explaining to people angry angry angry

If you think Op is correct, follow his principles angry
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
Davecafary:

Everything the OP mentioned are all indirectly the things you should to become rich because those are the lifestyle of successful people...I hope you didn't really mean those things you typed.

Most Family men living under a dollar per day practice all of the above and yet they are still poor... What happened

Think Man!! Think angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by redcap: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

To avoid being poor only makes you survive...

To become rich has it's own path way... and it is not for the soft in heart... Quote me any day smiley

I'd recommend you read up 'rich dad, poor dad',read it about 15yrs ago and my view about Personal finance has never been the same.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by dauntless15(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
In other news he's teaching you how to be poor in life and giving you simple steps to follow, wheres the thumbs up emoticon when you need it.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BlackChyld(m): 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
Absolutely, its better we all get on our feet and start something before its late. cool
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
redcap:

I'd recommend you read up 'rich dad, poor dad',read it about 15yrs ago and my view about Personal finance has never been the same.

I will be the one to recommend for you.. Because if you have learnt the book well, you wouldn't concur with Op...

Goodluck smiley
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by redcap: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

I will be the one to recommend for you.. Because if you have learnt the book well, you wouldn't concur with Op...

Goodluck smiley

OK thx, hope you have lots of cash/investments in ur name as that's what matters.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by macaranta(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
Investing nothing...

Visit my signature.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by erayo2GCA(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Avoiding being poor doesn't make you rich.... Am tired of explaining to people angry angry angry

If you think Op is correct, follow his principles angry
Bros tell us how to become rich
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by MOORCHMOORE(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
enoch273:
Stumbled upon this and decided to share, these are 10 tips on how to remain poor in life.

*TIPS ON HOW TO REMAIN POOR*

1.Never wake up early; Keep stretching and turning in bed until you get too hungry to continue dozing. If there are no bed bugs, why hurry to get up?

2.Never plan how to spend your money; Whenever you get money, start spending it right away and when it's finished, you try to count and recall how you spent it.

3.Don't think of saving until you have real big money; How can you save when you earn so little? Those telling you to save are not sympathetic to your burning needs.

4.Don't engage in activities usually reserved for the "uneducated; How can you, a graduate, engage in petty trade, network marketing or home-based production? That's for people who never went to school!

5.Don't think of starting a business until an angel comes from heaven and gives you capital; How do they expect you to invest before you get millions? Even though more than half the businesses in your town were started with little capital, you as a smart person can only start with millions.

6.Complain about everything except your own attitude and laziness; Blame the system, the government and the banks that refused to lend you money. They are all bad and do not want you to get rich.

7.Spend more than you earn; To achieve this, buy consumer products on credit and keep borrowing from friends and employers.

8.Compete in dressing; Make sure you're wearing the latest clothes. Intimidate the congregation with your trendy fashions every Sunday. Whenever your neighbour buys a new phone, you get one that is more expensive.

9.Get yourself a nice second hand car; that costs more than three times your yearly salary.

10.Give your children everything they ask for since you're such a loving parent; They should not struggle for anything because you do not want them to suffer that way, they will grow up lazy and hence poor enough to ensure they can't help you at old.

Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
Biafra bushboy is right, OP is also right, whether you believe all that or not, it is partially correct, i've experienced it once and had to act fast and change, never save till u have big cash, trust me you would always be broke and poor, spend more that you earn or never plan or save and you sure would always be broke and poor, the truth is sometimes hard to understand, due is right, think guys, think and stop wasting energy on hating and insulting people who take out time to think, Nigerians have a big problem of never thinking and always complaining...
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by mich2012: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Instead on focusing on the negatives, why can't you list the various ways one can be Rich?? undecided undecided

There are a million ways to die in the west, But there is only One Way to survive...

Bro, the point is, don't do the things he has listed, rather, do the opposite which are positives.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
ArcIbrahim38:

I like this ur uncle

Really?
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
redcap:

OK thx, hope you have lots of cash/investments in ur name as that's what matters.

That's left for me to decide.

Have fun...
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
erayo2GCA:
Bros tell us how to become rich
There are lots of books out there...
Or wait till someone opens a thread on it.
Or do you believe saving your salary will make u rich??
lol.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by joe17: 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

what an irony...oh! u don't know u ar almost the one with whack...here? No, i wont explain.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by Hedonistically: 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Goodluck smiley

Don't mind the the OP and the poor-minded average fellows who subscribe unthinkingly to his perspective.

The inverse interpretation of OP's theory is for those that merely want to 'exist' as average, frugal plebeians who would die without enjoying the abundant goodness life has to offer. They would never know how it feels to demystify many 'things' with the sheer force of cash.

As I have seen, being rich is a matter of knowing how to 'piputa ego' or 'ja owo sita' (Igbo and Yoruba respectively) from xyz scheme on a constant basis - and making so much cash from that scheme that one invariably diversifies into other things to tie money down 'in case of incasity'.

You would never build the sort of obscene hotels and estates that rich men build all over Abuja, or buy the obscene vehicles they buy (for themselves and for their side chicks) by saving your widow's mite and jumping out of your bed by 4.am to rush to one useless N100k per month job.

Think up schemes or opportunities, work smart rather than hard, identify the big, fruitful tree and latch onto its branches. That's the only way to riches. Alternatively, hope to get lucky. Otherwise you are condemned to a life of abject averageness at best. Who dash you 'rich'?
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
joe17:
what an irony...oh! u don't know u ar almost the one with whack here? No, i wont explain.

Don't bother. practice the rules diligently...

When you become rich.., Quote me...

Now piss off?!!
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hedonistically:

Don't mind the the OP and the poor-minded average fellows who subscribe unthinkingly to his perspective.

The inverse interpretation of OP's theory is for those that merely want to 'exist' as average, frugal plebeians who would die without enjoying the abundant goodness life has to offer. They would never know how it feels to demystify many 'things' with the sheer force of cash.

As I have seen, being rich is a matter of knowing how to 'piputa ego' or 'ja owo sita' (Igbo and Yoruba respectively) from xyz scheme on a constant basis - and making so much cash from that scheme that one invariably diversifies into other things to tie money down 'in case of incasity'.

You would never build the sort of obscene hotels and estates that rich men build all over Abuja, or buy the obscene vehicles they buy (for themselves and for their side chicks) by saving your widow's mite and jumping out of your bed by 4.am to rush to one useless N100k per month job.

Think up schemes or opportunities, work smart rather than hard, identify the big, fruitful tree and latch onto its branches. That's the only way to riches. Alternatively, hope to get lucky. Otherwise you are condemned to a life of abject averageness at best. Who dash you 'rich'?

Thank God people like you are still in existences... we would have been having a world filled with graduates who are just surviving...

Remain Big...
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by win3k: 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
Written based on Nigerian mentality, will be laughed at in civilized societies:

Commonsense:
- Do not have children you cannot feed in Nigeria.

-Do not marry more wives than you need

-Do not give money to private jet buying pastors.

-Do not spend you days in church serving useless religions and unproven gods.

-Do not think that flying abroad is the only way to become successful, some of the richest people in the world are farmers with less arable land than Nigeria!
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by UIA04(f): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

is he was to rwll you al this in the positive way most people would see it and ignore the message

I believe this piece would make us x ray our ways with fear of ending up like he mentioned .
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by joe17: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Don't bother. practice the rules diligently...

When you become rich.., Quote me...

Now piss off?!!
if u ever heard the words 'opposite' , 'sarcasm'?

Is not my fault that u ar myopic

Take a chill pill dude, am way above doing e-fight.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by micxwell(m): 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ifeconwaba:
if you are brained enough, you will surely learn all you need to get rich from this thread.
Bro believe me its more of GRACE than BRAIN o.... smiley
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by ThatIgboBoy: 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
date one of these modern forming hungry girls that litter every creek and corner of Lagos
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by Ikem11(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

ways to be rich is avoid all he mentioned... What else you want him list for u to be able to be rich when the topic says"ways to remain poor" that word remain suppose teach you if u avoid them u may be rich. By your comments I can see how poor u may be if u don't change your way of reasoning cos u fall into one one the above mentioned.
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by DandyWalker(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Haven't u heard of satire? or at least sarcasm? haha
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by miky2002(m): 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

He that listed what can make you poor forever is likewise saying what you should do to be rich, open your inner eyes and be focused

1 Like

Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by hotspec(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

The OP has just showed u 10 ways to be rich. READ BTW D LINES. #Insight #Foresight # Hindsight
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by hitchowoyemi(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Nah! D thread nailed it just me way it should be nailed. Negate it yourself and you would get positive answers. Minus times Minus = Plus. Good job OP
Re: Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
UIA04:

is he was to rwll you al this in the positive way most people would see it and ignore the message

I believe this piece would make us x ray our ways with fear of ending up like he mentioned .

I will reply you because you look cute and also look like someone willing to learn...

Let me ask you a question,...

Do you wanna wake up everyday around 5am, dashing off to your 100k job and trying to save 30k from it monthly(according to Op)

If No, then help me define being Rich...

And I will tell you ways to be rich...

Have a nice day cutie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy / Onowu Enukeme, Chairman Of Tonimas Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.