Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians (27702 Views)

Uniben Mourns the death of 3 lecturers from the Faculty Of Pharmacy / NUC Approves Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree / Queenate Ibeto On Stage With Obama At Howard University Graduation Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by mikron(m): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
orimsamsam:
NCAN. Southwest regional headquarters ibadan.

Op pls we need names. Pls provide names of the 46 Nigerians
even the govt of the day are yet to produce the names of our treasury looters talk more of me. wink wink wink
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Zex0020(m): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
Marvelous They Should Kuku Come And Kontrite A Quota Cos Buhari And Zombies Are Killng Us Wit Propaganda
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by ifeanyi83(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
Given the right environment, Nigerians have very bright minds and can excel anywhere
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by tefund(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
[quotet author=mikron post=47055242]

http://www.adeolafayehun.com/2016/05/so-proud-43-of-96-howard-university.html[/quote]why can't they study in ui?millions of dollars gone in capital flight and some people are celebrating.How does this translate to good health care for nigerians?The can only help build already advanced Us health care system.
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
This is why Trump is needed so he can dis bright brains back to Nigeria to help in its development...

Nigerians are the best anywhere... if not of foolish selfish leaders........
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Mickael2(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Joice21:
Sorry dear..I'm a graduate already..a first class graduate from OAU..n I studied microbiology..n I'm so proud I did..cos I have a lot to offer..#proudmicrobiologist

Then let's draw the comparison here. Let me not use myself because I graduated with distinction, a coursemate right now who actually repeated a year is earning 250k for his housemanship alone, and after that he will start earning more, a pharmacy can earn as much as 1million from each drug he imports or sells, infact, some of them have the authority to import narcotics and even marijuana in the guise of using it for some health purposes, that is even more than a million, can you beat that right now? Abeg, in Nigeria we seek to safeguard our future, not just reading for the fun of it, so don't say that in Nigeria abeg
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by basingstoke: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
jlinkd78:
Great! Here in Naija we say 'As Men Of Honour We Join Hands! Congrats comrades. A further breakdown will show over 97% of them are 5%, if u understand my figures.
I just did the breakdown, it is actually 99.67% that are from the 5%... proudly 5%
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mickael2:

Then let's draw the comparison here. Let me not use myself because I graduated with distinction, a coursemate right now who actually repeated a year is earning 250k for his housemanship alone, and after that he will start earning more, a pharmacy can earn as much as 1million from each drug he imports or sells, infact, some of them have the authority to import narcotics and even marijuana in the guise of using it for some health purposes, that is even more than a million, can you beat that right now? Abeg, in Nigeria we seek to safeguard our future, not just reading for the fun of it, so don't say that in Nigeria abeg
Thanks for the comparison, I know some pharmacists that don't make as much as what you put up there n I know microbiologists that make more, it's not what you study that determines how successful u'l be, most of our politicians today aint evn literates but they make much more than what a Professor of medicine with 30 years experience makes, how about the entertainers?..d list is endless..I neva sed pharmcacy isn't a noble profession..of course it is..but for you to downgrde my course of study..I'll never agree to that..pls let's not derail this thread any further..Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by kpolli(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
Since May, you're stale
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
All these people looking for names, will it add to your financial reserves?

Later they'll say politicians want the nation divided... After creating a divide themselves
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by toggy: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
In my candid opinion. You guys should just take cover abroad, at least for now. If you think of returning home.
Home is bitter. Not conducive.
If you fail to listen, you-are-on-your-own!
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mickael2:

Young man,I'm quite marveled at your height of exaggeration. Don't take the hyperbole too far for the purpose of substantiating your point..It's not possible for a house officer to earn 250k monthly,,the highest you can possibly earn is 180k and that can only be earned in national hospitals. undecided undecided state hospitals and some teaching hospitals do not even pay up to 150k,but it can never be below 100k of course. Even some junior registrars don't earn that much.
Of course,there's a large difference between Pharmacy and microbiology in terms of job prospect.
Like Joice21 said,just go into lecturing if you don't want to be frustrated as a microbiologist,reason being the job prospect is very limited.
If you try to work in Pharm industries,you would only be limited to the quality control and sterility assurance department of the industry and a pharmacist will always be the head there irrespective of d number of years you've being into practice.
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Crex007(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nice one....proudly a Pharmacy student
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by taheer88(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Mickael2(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
IZANAMI:
Young man,I'm quite marveled at your height of exaggeration. Don't take the hyperbole too far for the purpose of substantiating your point..It's not possible for a house officer to earn 250k monthly,,the highest you can possibly earn is 180k and that can only be earned in national hospitals. undecided undecided state hospitals and some teaching hospitals do not even pay up to 150k,but it can never be below 100k of course. Even some junior registrars don't earn that much.
Of course,there's a large difference between Pharmacy and microbiology in terms of job prospect.
Like Joice21 said,just go into lecturing if you don't want to be frustrated as a microbiologist,reason being the job prospect is very limited.
If you try to work in Pharm industries,you would only be limited to the quality control and sterility assurance department of the industry and a pharmacist will always be the head there irrespective of d number of years you've being into practice.

I am not exactly doing that. Okay, not 250k obviously, I meant you can add some other stuffs, not just the housemanship, but nonethless some hospitals do pay 200k, infact med lab attendants earn up to 150k or so if I am correct, Radiography and physiotherapy also earn in that region. But about the part that pharm can earn up to 1million per week, that is absolutely true
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by win3k: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
if they go back to Nigeria they cannot even make aspirin without some chinese kid doing it for them.

1 Like

Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by TRUTHSURE: 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
To God be the glory.
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by murmee: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
Zico5:

Ipod sighted, everything must always be us
Lailai (Never) It is going to be more of South Westerners. You wanna take a bet?
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Kelyto: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Joice21:
You just called microbiology n biochemistry useless ? I bet with you, I'll choose microbiology a million times over pharmacy..watch what you say, u know nothing about those courses you just downgraded.
wetin dis diva dey yarn.... It's a a blind person wud do wat u jus said
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
Kelyto:
wetin dis diva dey yarn.... It's a a blind person wud do wat u jus said
I don't think you know what passion is all about..only a blind will do what I said?..maybe in your opinion..but in mine candid opinion..I do only what passion drives me to and not wht I stand to gain..please learn not to disregard other people's way of reasoning cos of your definition of thoughts.
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by blackprowler: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
This thread once more displays the poignant dumbness and cluelessness of Nigerians. Which kain country people be dis ooooo! Una for kukuma ship all of the Nigeria to America, abi UK or which one sef? I've lived abroad. The world is tired of you people. Una no get country(they seem to ask)? How come you're everywhere in the world? Meanwhile their country of origin is practically a failed state. The oyibos have seen through you all and they laugh at you. CARRY YOUR SKILL AND BUILD YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND LEAVE US ALONE (they seem to say). Pathetic society. Nigeria is a joke!
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not exactly doing that. Okay, not 250k obviously, I meant you can add some other stuffs, not just the housemanship, but nonethless some hospitals do pay 200k, infact med lab attendants earn up to 150k or so if I am correct, Radiography and physiotherapy also earn in that region. But about the part that pharm can earn up to 1million per week, that is absolutely true
OK,,,now I understand.A little above 200k is believable, but that 250k plenty gan oo..
Yh,you're right,I was earning 145K before IPPS started during my internship,I think it has reduced to 120+k now,I do work as a local Pharm from 4-8 after the hospital day's job,so my pay was just a little close to 200k then.
Anyone who earns 250k during his housemanship must be quite lucky...

And I totally agree with that last part,I worked as a locum in a community pharmacy before going for my internship,,so I understand...
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Mickael2(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
IZANAMI:
OK,,,now I understand.A little above 200k is believable, but that 250k plenty gan oo..
Yh,you're right,I was earning 145K before IPPS started during my internship,I think it has reduced to 120+k now,I do work as a local Pharm from 4-8 after the hospital day's job,so my pay was just a little close to 200k then.
Anyone who earns 250k during his housemanship must be quite lucky...

And I totally agree with that last part,I worked as a locum in a community pharmacy before going for my internship,,so I understand...

You are there. Some people see doctors as pharmacists too. I had some place i was working too, a local pharmacy shop, he was making close to 600k for each import, at that moment i wished i studied pharm, but not all of them are so lucky though but they do earn well. Which hospital did you do yours?
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mickael2:

You are there. Some people see doctors as pharmacists too. I had some place i was working too, a local pharmacy shop, he was making close to 600k for each import, at that moment i wished i studied pharm, but not all of them are so lucky though but they do earn well. Which hospital did you do yours?
lol!!Federal medical centre in Abeokuta..
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 01, 2016
hemartins:
Nigerians are wonderful people.

How?
Re: 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 01, 2016
Lykar:
once this present cursed FG is out, nigeria is going to emerge into light to displace USA as world's best country.

Continue deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rufus Giwa Polytechnic School Fees For 2019/2020 Session - Talkgeria / Is This My CGPA Useless As A Pharmacy Student? / See What These Two IMSU First Class Graduates Received At Their Induction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.