Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,605 members, 7,955,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

This Is My Passion, Then What - Esther Bliss Blog - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Is My Passion, Then What - Esther Bliss Blog (527 Views)

Kayode Olagunju: "Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety" / Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! / Abuja Fuel Attendant, Esther, Returned Missing Money To The Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is My Passion, Then What - Esther Bliss Blog by twizkerbliz(f): 12:31am On Jun 30, 2016
There is nothing as common as passionate but confused individuals,They are as common as the air we breath.

One of the ways to lead a productive and fun filled life is to do what you love doing and profit from it.

A lot of young mind suffer frustration after identifying their passion and lack understanding of what to do with it.

Passion is not just an emotional obsession,it must be channeled to solve a problem.

There is some thing you enjoy doing, a pattern of life you are attracted to.

It is true that understanding your passion help you fulfill your dream. You want to get more fulfillment out of it!!

Consider this closely;

1: Seek to be CLARIFIED; This is the most challenging stage of handling ones passion. Aside being emotional about your passion,you must seek to be clarified.

Know exactly what you want to use it for. This phase maybe difficult for the multi-talented individuals.
For example, you might be passionate about writing or speaking, You can get clarified by taking note of Your Core Message,What exactly do you want to speak about, what legacy do you want to lay,who are your targeted audiences.

Lack of clarity,makes individuals startled when asked questions like:"what do you do? "

Clarity solves the problem of what you want to do,How you want to do it,what you wish to achieve(Short/Long term).

You can gain clarity by hiring a coach(A clarity coach), Deep introspection and investing in knowledge.

2. Seek to be Heard of (Your Platform)/Solve a problem;

A Great Man I admire so much,Coach Sam Semako once said " If you are NOT SEEN ,HEARD OF or TALKED ABOUT, Two things are Possible.. You don't EXIST or you are not RELEVANT"
Whatever it is that you want to offer, you have to start from somewhere.

Your platform can be a likened to a stage where you covey the message you've got. You have got to create a platform for yourself.. Waiting for a platform from someone may lead to Frustration.
To profit(financially and otherwise) from your passion you must be able to create a system /Platform.

You can do this by leveraging on technology. You don't need to get across to a TV correspondent in other to deliver your message.

PS; This (Creating Your platform)will be dealt with in details later.

3. Have a Vision/Goals

You must start with the end in mind.
As a passionate singer or writer are you working on your vision (If you have one) or you're just busying around with someone you consider a role model.

As you admire great people that have excelled in your area of passion,Have your own vision..

You must have a clear picture of what you want to achieve over time, this keep you focused.

Visionaries own the future. Without vision we live in imagination and fantasies.

After you have clearly stated all you wish to achieve over a period of time. You set realistic goals (Long or short term) and work relentlessly towards them.

4. Learn the Art of persistence; A lot of individuals are cool with the three points above but get overwhelmed easily. Here is it;

There is time to plant and harvest.

Don't be in a hurry to take the fastlane.

You must understand times and season.

The farmer wait as he waters and removes weeds so that his labor won't be in vain.

Identify your passion and do something about it IF not you are headed for Depression.

Live intentional!!

(1) (Reply)

Youth Empowerment Program / Is Your Child Struggling With Mathematics, Contact Us To Help You Out. / Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.