Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! (3646 Views)

Good News To All GIONEE M5 MINI Users / Advice Needed: Tecno C8, Gionee M5 Mini & Infinix Note 2 Igb Which Is Best? / Xiaomi Mi 5 Launched: See Full Specifications | Monster Awaken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 7:30am On Jun 30, 2016
morning folks.... i rarely create topics on NL, but d amazing yet meek gionee m5 mini....mde find joy in doing so.... pls m no marketer, nor a fanboy.... but jus tut its cool to jus let u knw hw well functioned, amazing display, less battery zapping nd a chick magnet dis bad boy cn be.... (hehe.....)... oiit bk to d mata#firstly lets me tell u bout d display.....
1.DISPLAY :The display of a phone, is d heart of a device,m5 mini doesnt fall short here, instead it always leaves me awed....with a 294 ppi coupled with a 2.5D glass... wt else cn b mre premium dan dt on a budget phone.... smetyms i jus bring out d phone nd stare at d ''Display so pleasing to d eye, watching movies on my phone is epic with a DTS sound option.... it never was mre beta#
2.BATTERY:This rili my favourite part, wt wuld u expect frm a gionee 'M' series coupled wif an Amigo UI.... ? a long lasting battery, dts wt u wuld get!!! I love games nd movies...(management games like kairosoft games nd bad HD games).... bt eva since i gt dis phone.... i end up been tired of playing games or watching movies.... cuz d Battery wnt jus mke me stop... d battery of dis device is amazing belive me.... dere cn be beta ones bt fr d price its beyond perfect... d downside is dt d battery is d weight of d phone literally.... been a removable battery d phone is weightless wif it but.... becmes "HULK'S" purple Boxer wif d battery in it..... if dts wt i wuld hv to pay for a nice battery life Inshort give me "THOR'S" hammer.... (hehe....)
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Habiodunz(m): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2016
U didnt even point out anything reasonable...1) What is the IPS of the phone 2) what is the mAH of the battery 3) Where is the MP of the Camera 4) OS

And you come dey shout M5 mini...

#Shame

3 Likes

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2016
Habiodunz:
U didnt even point out anything reasonable...1) What is the IPS of the phone 2) what is the mAH of the battery 3) Where is the MP of the Camera 4) OS

#Shame
mind u guy ntn is shameful.... except d fact dt u fail to comprehend wt i wrote.... den dts shameful, i jus dis so dt pepl who r double minded about gettn d phone shuld jus "get on wif it" cuz it worths it.... if its specs u need my guy.... dere z a tin called google.... its has yellow, red, blue, green alphabets.... nd u c a search column underneath.... dere u find ur specs sir!!!

2 Likes

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 7:59am On Jun 30, 2016
Habiodunz:

#Shame

The guy is happy.

but the phone no bad. I'm using it currently. Since I was robbed of my note 3. I'll list the things I like about the phone and things I don't like.

things I like.

1. Battery: I am a heavy user the phone lasts me 3days without charging. the battery is rugged. I love the battery so much I purchased an extra battery just in case. I've not used the extra battery till 2mao, since over a month now.
4000mah

2. Screen. it's an IPS screen no funny colors. the screen is an HD screen.

3. Camera. The phone's camera is the one of best I've seen on cheap phones. really good for selfies as it has wide angles to cover everyone.
front 5mp, back 8mp

things I hate
1. UI: The UI makes me sick. all I'm looking for is to change the OS to a more Google material design like ui. I mean complete OS change. I don't know what is more beautiful than pure Android.

2. weight. it's kind of heavy. that's just because if the battery. nothing more.

Those are my thoughts.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2016
3.DESIGN:i hve d gold colour which is very "premium looking "....coupled wif d 2.5D glass nd amoled-like screen.... its cute,nd chicks digs cute...., most chicks be like "pls srry wts d name of ur phone...
"its gionee... "
"its do u hve any music videos or skits.... i like the phone o.... its cute".........i get dt alot#
nd mind u dis monster is strong it has fallen 3 times nw wifout a pouch (dnt like using pouches,remves d sleek feel) first twas on d stairs, den twice in d bedroom.... no scratches on the screen wtsoever.... nd its dent free.....
#I JUS WNTD TO POST DIS TO PEPL WHO ARE SKEPTICAL OF GETTING D PHONE.... OR WANTS TO KNOW BOUT D PHONE.... NOT FRM D SPECS SHEET BUT FRM EVERYDAY USAGE.... IF U WANT SPECS DEN PLS USE GOOGLE...
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2016
Horlufemi:

The guy is happy.

but the phone no bad. I'm using it currently. Since I was robbed of my note 3. I'll list the things I like about the phone and things I don't like.

things I like.

1. Battery: I am a heavy user the phone lasts me 3days without charging. the battery is rugged. I love the battery so much I purchased an extra battery just in case. I've not used the extra battery till 2mao, since over a month now.
4000mah

3. Camera. The phone's camera is the one of best I've seen on cheap phones. really good for selfies as it has wide angles to cover everyone.
front 5mp, back 8mp

things I hate
1. UI: The UI makes me sick. all I'm looking for is to change the OS to a more Google material design like ui. I mean complete OS change. I don't know what is more beautiful than pure Android.

2. weight. it's kind of heavy. that's just because if the battery. nothing more.

Those are my thoughts.
exactly bro... d UI nd d weight but it cn be managed so far u get wat u want.... (currently using an android L launcher)
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by TDonald: 8:07am On Jun 30, 2016
That heavy piece of crap

1 Like

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2016
Battery life

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 8:15am On Jun 30, 2016
UI

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2016
System Manager(cool feature)

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2016
DTS sound option#

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 8:58am On Jun 30, 2016
I agree on the build quality. mine hasn't fallen for once but it's so better in hand than tecno, infinix.

The build quality is sturdy.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by iykomo0(m): 9:32am On Jun 30, 2016
Price
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:00am On Jun 30, 2016
You see the control buttons under the screen it doesn't reflex light in darkness that is the only thing I hate about the phone.
Other things are cool for a phone of such budget

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by ezeigbo194(m): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Just wat i needed.. #appreciate but please is it very heavy
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Emmaco1990(m): 11:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Plz how much is it? Wanna get one for myself because of the battery
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
to be sincere dis d first time in my life ve been contented wif a phone not wishn for anoda anytym soon.... after using d likes of htc one, moto droid, lg f series,s4, gionee s5.5,camon...nd odas dnt tink i wuld be changing my phone soon.... nd dis bad boy dint get all hyped like its mates but still keeping lots of smiling faces to its screen#
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by veekid(m): 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
How much be this phone abeg
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Emmaco1990:
dnt knw rili cus of dis dollar ish might differ frm store to store.... or jus check jumia or konga still

1 Like

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Youngsage: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Horlufemi:

The guy is happy.

things I like.

4000mah

Pls where did you get the extra battery?
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
Youngsage:

Pls where did you get the extra battery?

I got it at their care center in Computer village. it's opposite zenith bank on simbiat abiola way. I bought it for N2200

1 Like

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
ezeigbo194:
Just wat i needed.. #appreciate but please is it very heavy
not very heavy. but you'll notice it's heavier than most phones.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Emmaco1990:

I got mine for N33000. I'm sure it will be between N35000 and N37000 now. Good luck

1 Like

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Youngsage: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Horlufemi:

I got it at their care center in Computer village. it's opposite zenith bank on simbiat abiola way. I bought it for N2200
Thanks man! I appreciate.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by tobby1987(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nice one dou..using it presently..mluv everything apart from it does hang once in a while mayb cos of d quadcire processor dou...but I still luv d phone all d same
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by gregswagzz(m): 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
tobby1987:
Nice one dou..using it presently..mluv everything apart from it does hang once in a while mayb cos of d quadcire processor dou...but I still luv d phone all d same
havent noticed d hangn
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Oahray: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
Yeah, it's nice. I hate the UI though. From the launcher to the pull-up tray to the untidy system settings arrangement... Gionee no try for their Amigo UI.

On the whole, it's a lovely phone.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Dreyl(m): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
It's a nice phone for heavy users.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by usmawa(m): 10:18am On Jul 01, 2016
Habiodunz:

#Shame

NETWORK Technology
GSM / HSPA
LAUNCH Announced 2016, January
Status Available. Released 2016, February
BODY Dimensions 143.5 x 71 x 9.6 mm (5.65 x 2.80 x 0.38 in)
Weight -
SIM Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.0 inches (~67.6% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- Amigo 3.1
PLATFORM OS Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset Mediatek MT6580
CPU Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU Mali-400MP2
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
Video Yes
Secondary 5 MP
SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
COMMS WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
GPS Yes, with A-GPS
Infrared port Yes
Radio FM radio
USB microUSB v2.0, USB On-The-Go
FEATURES Sensors Yes
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Reverse charging
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Talk time Up to 18 h (3G)
MISC Colors White, Gold, Black

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by flowjoe: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Horlufemi:

The guy is happy.

things I like.

4000mah

front 5mp, back 8mp

things I hate

Those are my thoughts.
thats right bro, the U.I is not appealing to me too, have u tried installing a launcher or rooting it & installing another rom
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by toocoded: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Now I think I know the reason for d delay in bringing in m5 plus
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Olasco93: 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
They should have atleast include an LTE (4G) functionality. Well, they might have forgotton.

(1) (2) (Reply)

iphone8: This Is Why It's Worth The Price. / Infinix Hot S3x VS Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro: Key Comparison (photo) / Infinix Mobility Giving Away #BIG6 Device, Power Banks, Recharge Cards E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.