Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! (3644 Views)

Good News To All GIONEE M5 MINI Users / Advice Needed: Tecno C8, Gionee M5 Mini & Infinix Note 2 Igb Which Is Best? / Xiaomi Mi 5 Launched: See Full Specifications | Monster Awaken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
flowjoe:

thats right bro, the U.I is not appealing to me too, have u tried installing a launcher or rooting it & installing another rom

I've installed Nova Launcher and installed some Google apps. Rooted it and I'm actively looking for another ROM. Please if you find a good rom. Let me know abeg so this phone can be complete.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Horlufemi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
usmawa:

NETWORK Technology
GSM / HSPA
LAUNCH Announced 2016, January
Status Available. Released 2016, February
BODY Dimensions 143.5 x 71 x 9.6 mm (5.65 x 2.80 x 0.38 in)
Weight -
SIM Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.0 inches (~67.6% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- Amigo 3.1
PLATFORM OS Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset Mediatek MT6580
CPU Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU Mali-400MP2
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
Video Yes
Secondary 5 MP
SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
COMMS WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
GPS Yes, with A-GPS
Infrared port Yes
Radio FM radio
USB microUSB v2.0, USB On-The-Go
FEATURES Sensors Yes
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Reverse charging
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Talk time Up to 18 h (3G)
MISC Colors White, Gold, Black

Fun fact
This phone is the same as the Walton primo rm2 mini
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by flowjoe: 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
Horlufemi:

I've installed Nova Launcher and installed some Google apps. Rooted it and I'm actively looking for another ROM. Please if you find a good rom. Let me know abeg so this phone can be complete.
aiit bro
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by tobby1987(m): 2:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Mine does hang oo...at least like 3 to 5 tyms a day..during dis period my fone is always slow DAT d solution is just to remove d battery n on it again

gregswagzz:
havent noticed d hangn
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Emmaco1990(m): 9:16am On Jul 03, 2016
[quote author=Horlufemi post=47068453]

I got mine for N33000. I'm sure it will be between N35000 and N37000 now. Good luck[

Mehn it has gone up ooo.. But really is it worth the price?
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by ThatIgboBoy: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2016
[quote author=Emmaco1990 post=47157396][/quote]

Got mine for 35k i.e the gold colour three weeks ago. The black colour was up for 34k.
So far so good,i love the phone.

2 Likes

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by damesilver(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2016
I wish people here were more honest in their review of this phone. I would have had a reliably informed premises before making a decision to buy one, even at a princely sum of N35800. I lost hope in Nairaland guys. Well, human beings will continue to be human beings.

If the phone had gone for 22k or 25k maximum, it would be fair, even now with the enduringly weak value of the Naira. People seem enamored win the phone's battery forgetting that there are many other things expected of a highly priced phone.

We have the Tecno L8 plus, with better battery and lower price. How are they different? Is it convenient then to say the battery capacity alone justify the price of this phone?

The rear camera is not great. Display not impressive. Varying battery status charging and discharging.
The phone looks beautiful for showoff only.

I didn't plan out to buy JUST a phone; Not even at that amount. The battery capacity of a phone is ONE of the basic features to look out for BUT certainly not the ONLY thing, as a lot of people are usually quick to flaunt that quality.

And again, nobody really wants to look foolish. By revealing to their friends the disappointment they feel after getting a phone, they feel they are likely to be considered so. Hence, the reason for...

I compare it with infinix hot note (relatively reduced price), then I felt less than wise. This experience I have may differ from another person. The consolation is the HOPE that I would find something really impressive in the phone in future in order to justify and get the value for my money.

We are taught to look at the good side of every situation, and appreciate it. Just like my 'friends' who I described up there as not wanting to look foolish, I would say that the phone is not bad; After all, mine looks fashionably and amazingly stylish. Smile

1 Like

Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Camera is ok Ive seen it with someone. Battery superb too, removable is a plus. But I dont see anything else special about it
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Artistree: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
I'm currently using the phone and though I'm not a phone guru, the battery life is fantastic, it is surely not as impressive as I thought it would be.
For instance, when chatting on bbm, I've to constantly check to see if the other person has replied cos I won't hear the beep or see the reply till I check even though I'm still holding the phone. I also noticed that emoticons are not visible when I use them on NL neither can I see other posters'own.
I hate the phone joor!
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by nizebubby: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
truth be told..M5mini no supose pass 25k,gionee too exagerate dis phone wit ba3
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by Greycious(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
I'm currently using this phone but, I think the ba3 life is over overrated, mine barely last 24 hours on normal mode.
Also have this annoying ads popping up my screen every now and then.
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by wackpoet(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

Got mine for 35k i.e the gold colour three weeks ago. The black colour was up for 34k.
So far so good,i love the phone.
pls where did u get urz in lagos?
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by ThatIgboBoy: 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
wackpoet:

pls where did u get urz in lagos?

A shop called finet communications limited. It is located at computer village. If u still need more info abt them like office number or phone number, u will have to wait till I get home and check the receipt. The black one was up for 34k while the told which I use was 35k. Saturday will make it three weeks I bought it. So I don't know if there has been a change in price
Re: M5 Mini :the Silent Monster!!! by nizebubby: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:

A shop called finet communications limited. It is located at computer village. If u still need more info abt them like office number or phone number, u will have to wait till I get home and check the receipt. The black one was up for 34k while the told which I use was 35k. Saturday will make it three weeks I bought it. So I don't know if there has been a change in price
m5mini is bulky.its like gionee sseries is lighter and sleek,marathon series are bulky

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Install Sbot On A Whatsapp Group / How To Use Three Whatsapp On Android Phone / Oukitel U22 With 4 Cameras Hands On LOOK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.