Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University (4055 Views)

Photo Of Obasanjo And His Classmate At National Open University / Photo: Obasanjo Graduates From National Open University Of Nigeria / APC Plans Fresh Offensive To Regain Control Of National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 30, 2006
Obj Finally Enrols As A Student Of The National Open University

OBJ finally enrols as a student of the National Open University to study Theology
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by gbadex1(m): 10:43am On Nov 30, 2006
Lol, that dude's one crazy mofo!
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Mariory(m): 11:20am On Nov 30, 2006
Well at least he's setting an example. You're never to old to learn.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by chelsea4su(f): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2006
yea its cool
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2006
President Olusegun Oba-sanjo yesterday made good his earlier decision to acquire more knowledge by matriculating into the School of Arts and Social Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), where he is the visitor, thus making history by becoming the first serving leader of any country in the world to enroll into an open university in his own country.

This fact was disclosed by the Vice Chancellor of the NOUN, Professor Olugb-emiro Jegede, in his opening address when he stated that the transformation of President Obasanjo to Student Obasanjo bears unparallel significance in the history of education, not only in Africa but, world wide.

"Our President has become the first in many respects. While inventory of serving heads of state/government who have taken open and distance learning courses is still being confirmed, it is interesting to note that whereas President Nelson Mandela (South Africa) and President Robert Mugabe (Zimbabwe) took their degree through ODL before becoming Heads of State and Prime Minister Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia graduated with an MBA through UKOU in 1996, no serving head of state anywhere in the world has enrolled into an open university in his country".

At a special matriculation ceremony held in the State House, the President who emphasised that in exactly six months' time as he hands over to a new President he would simply be known and addressed as "student Olusegun Obasanjo" with pledge to "refrain from any act calculated to disrupt the activities of the University or likely bring the it into disrepute."
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=64578

I don't think the lecturer that can fail this interesting man has been born! cheesy
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2006
who dash monkey banana? that man makes a very ugly student. maybe he will learn how to respect others and hope he will not send EFCC to any lecturer who fail him.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by naija4life(f): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2006
OBJ for school, bullshit, i think its just a publicity stunt, playing to get sympathy and respect, lai lai, 2007 no too far now, everybody must answer according to their deeds lipsrsealed
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Freestyl(m): 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2006
That's Great!
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by alarinka(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2006
, Quite a humbling experience for our very dear OBJ, He should have enrolled for law or strategic studies, or for a major degree in engineering, [afterall he was formerly the head of the nigerian army corp of engineers!!], but why theology, any reputable bible school in Nigeria or outside Nigeria can award that, CAc,redeemed etc,
   Anyway am sure basic ethics,ethiquettes,human relations would be taught in the new school,
   Congrats baba jambito, sorry baba iyabo, matric nos, NOUN O1 grin grin
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by scribe(m): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2006
Whether the motive was wrong or right. The example laid by Mr. President will encourage some people to get educated. It is a nice decision.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Seun(m): 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2006
This is no his first time of going back to school for more education.
He did the same thing just before starting his farm!
He seems to really believe in higher education.
Well, now he has something to do after retiring from politics. Bye bye, happy studying!
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by uche1(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2006
thats good
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by OBJ3(m): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2006
@seun
what do u min by that statement. if i don't pass I'll fail.full stop. be careful angry
@cool4--whatever ur stupid name is,
me, ugly? u are very stupid. no respect. i'm sure ur stupid parents were busy messing around when they should be training u in some manners
@naija4life-
ur father didn't train u well

all of una dey craze angry idiots angry ur illiterate fathers did a bad job in bringing u idiots in this world. angry yes, i said so angry idiots, angry nonsense angry

@free styl, uche1, scribe
thank you very well
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by uche1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2006
O B J let me tell you, just know that i am not your fan so don,t thank me but you did well there
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Mariory(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2006
@O-B-J
Dude pretending to be Obasanjo has gotten old. Let it go.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by OBJ3(m): 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2006
i dont blame u fools angry
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2006
A nice example indeed.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by jerrymania(m): 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ O-B-J!

U be anoda kind of mofo! d one we find in moats and pit latrines!
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by kelewax(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2006
I only hope this would mean that the National Open University of Nigeria would get better and more serious.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by McKren(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2006
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by ronnieslimz(f): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2006
i think he's just trying to make it known to peeps
that he has so many things he can do rather than being
the president, i also think it is part of him cos he did so{after he left the office} in 1979
to practice agriculture in the modern way at moore plantation{Ibadan}
this will surely encourage others to get more educated and the National Open University
will be more functional and better now!!!

i found it very funny when i heard of it but now i think it is a good idea.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by ono(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2006
But things dey happen for this we country o.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by DeepSoul(f): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2006
Like someone said, methinks it's just a publicity stunt. Which kain school? Obj never think of how e go spend all d looted funds finish na to go school go siddon! Wetin e wan learn naw?

School ko school ni
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Terry1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2006
NOT FUNNY,  its time he learn some lessons but im sorry its of no, no, lipsrsealed
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by rikkyjen(m): 4:57am On Dec 01, 2006
McKren:

Thanks a lot Alarinka.

Nigerians think its fun insulting OBJ, he has always been there for this country both as a soldier and as a civilian. Though his government may not have been a very perfect democracy but he should be proud of himself
*As a soldier he rescued us from a bitter war
*As a soldier he rescued us from the then army and gave us democracy
*As a civilian he has rescued Nigeria from a pariah state to a work-in-progress
*As a civilian he has offered Nigerians an opportunity to take back Nigeria from the cabal of elites that have held us hostage for so long and be free in 2007 if only we can be focussed

Those who can't match his credentials are trying to make him seem worthless.
I will not argue about your achievement anymore but when you quit office come may 2007 hold your head up high knowing that 10 years from now Nigerians will look back in history and say thanks Baba. I will surely tell my grand children about you and Ribadu.

Happy Studies my GENERAL

As a soldier he rescued us from a bitter war

Who is this Obasanjo shriner? What bitter war did he resucue you from? Who told you obasanjo stopped the civil war?Ehen, it seems you've been reading that literary sedative titled my command abi? Have you heard about any Benjamin adekunle.a.k.a Black Scorpion of the third marine commando

As a civilian he has offered Nigerians an opportunity to take back Nigeria from the cabal of elites that have held us hostage for so long and be free in 2007 if only we can be focussed

Are you that ignorant to know that he was a product of that same cabal?

Those who can't match his credentials are trying to make him seem worthless.

Abeg pls tell me,what credentials does he have.You are talking as if OBJ is one oxbridge guy,or he has an harvard mouth. sad. Apart from his Military training in Aldershot, what other pedigree does he have?.Pls dont tell me his BBHS HSC (SSCE) certifitcate, cos he was a below average dude in Hischool, k? Or is it his credentials as a wannabe Sec-Gen of UN.

I will surely tell my grand children about you and Ribadu.

Yeah and pls dont forget to tell them about the botched third term fiasco, undecided.Infantile nonsense angry angry

Happy Studies my GENERAL

Does it have to get to a bootlicking level? wink cheesy
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by chidichris(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2006
he is just a confussed man. why school when the roads are out of order and the security systems are not working. is he going back to school to learn how to make electricity and water available to nigerians.
he should have gone back to nursery school.
i know he will soon be re-recruited in the army so that he will have the oportunity to come back as a military president.
let him revisit he promises during campaigns and confirm how many he has been able to achieve 6 months to go.
what a wonderful failure? school my foot. how many schools are really functioning?
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Seun(m): 8:15am On Dec 01, 2006
he is just a confussed man. why school when the roads are out of order and the security systems are not working. is he going back to school to learn how to make electricity and water available to nigerians.
Let's hope he's going back to school due to his pending retirement from politics. smiley
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 01, 2006
Please lets be more realistic, there are some fundamental questions that should arise; Has OBJ gotten the minimum requirement, that is SSCE including English language and maths for admission into the UNI? Has he gone through the necessary registration procedure? It pays us the unemployed because he would soon realise what it means to graduate from the UNI without a job.
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Bolarge(m): 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2006
Aremu goes to school! grin grin
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Christino(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2006
But why theology? Why not Economics, or biz Admin, or Banking and Finance or "Embezzlement?" sorry I mean Accounting. Yes, Accounting grin

Is it an irony? I think going to school after retirement is and so is studying Theology. "C.A.N. my foot!" cheesy
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by ohilebo(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2006
:DHe should have been sent to another school to study political science so that the lecturers can give him about 20 carry overs even before his 100 Levels first semester exam because he is still practicing Militocrazy of the 70's, cheesy if he spy any small pikin answer booklet during exam, make dem shout ooooo, make dem shout plenty oooooo!!!!!!!!
Re: President Obasanjo Enrols As Theology Student Of National Open University by Bolarge(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2006
lol
Picture Aremu giraffing!! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

COAS: Lt Gen AO Ihejirika. Must Resign / Oyedepo's Church Divided Over Prayer For President Jonathan / My Honest Expectations From Buhari’s Campaign Promises.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.