Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki (37577 Views)

South-East Governors, Ekweremadu And Army Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / Ike Ekweremadu And Makarfi Return To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by elisra(m): 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Billyonaire:
The statement from the Federal Government echoes amplitudes of selective justice. When you ask a Senate President and Deputy President to resign or face justice it actually means when they resign they will no longer face justice.

In essence, facing judgment is basically consequence of their positions in the Senate. This, we call, jungle justice in my world, and that is justice not by the constitution but justice on the sentiments of the ruling executive President.

If Saraki and Ekweremadu are guilty, let them face the consitutional justice except Buhari wants to be remembered as that fellow that failed twice in one lifetime. As a military dictator he failed woefully, Col. Tunde Idiagbon was the Liahona of that administration, yet Buhari takes the glory for something he did not do, for efforts of doing nothing.

I am not biased when I say, that there is little an O'level holder can achieve in 21st century, need I say more about someone who did not even write the exams ? Buhari is guilty of the same offense that he is hunting Saraki and Ekweremadu for. Buhari forged his O'level result and we all know it. But we forgave him and gave him the benefits of doubts.

Why cant this old man allow the polity to rest and present a blue of the economy after a year in office ?

My brothers and sisters of nairaland, are we not tired ?
you are in Nigeria,the land of suffering and smiling.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by dracosith(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
So if they resign the prosecution stops? Buhari really has no respect for a rule of law.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Oga calm down wetin concern you .
JBismarck:
MODIFIED: Cane you imagine! Sarakill and Ewuremadu have the gut to tell us that their prosecution is being fuelled by the executive. I guess it is the same executive that made them forge the Standing Rules of the House by pointing fully loaded gun on their heads abi? Kwontinu, there's God. Awon weyrey, ndi ara, any ofia, seriki mokashi.

To even think some youths are with them in this their lame defence beats me.

Bismarck say so. Quote me.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by tomakint: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

same sir and thanks for the advice, I have done what you asked me to do, you can check out the new one.
Ok noted. That's better and all the best
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by KINGinVAHALA: 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
tomakint:
Ok noted. That's better and all the best
Thanks man!
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Tonnierichy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
babeface3:
The question I am asking is: does resignation absolve one of criminal charges? when you make such statement, does it not say much about the aim of such charges, talking of the ill fated intent of the executive? I hold my peace for now!
The headline is misleading. No one was quoted to have said that.

Its just the usual progandist jornalism
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by crystalfarmer: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
I think the headline is wrong
It should be "RESIGN AND FACE YOUR TRIAL"
that "OR" is what spoilt it
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by YINKS89(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wen saraki dey blab pple dey talk sey tinubu don loose.....nw let's see who laugh last. #jagaban.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by dauda090(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
ehe now I understand what is APC and buhari administration, they want throw them out ko
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bennymark(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
Incase you are not current, Saraki said he cannot face CCT, Senate and this new case, the advice to resign was so he can face trial and clear his name.

Some dumb fvck will call it witch hunting even Aboniki was caught red handed alterring d senate standing order

babeface3:
The question I am asking is: does resignation absolve one of criminal charges? when you make such statement, does it not say much about the aim of such charges, talking of the ill fated intent of the executive? I hold my peace for now!
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Briz(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
babeface3:
resignation ensures the restoration of the dignity of the senate chambers.

It dies not absolve. The 'or' there should be replaced with 'and' I guess to convey proper intent to the public.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by mountainvolcano: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
babeface3:

Are u saying they forged it? They are beneficiaries and if they quietly refused to benefit then the clerks who perpetuate the act will take the load.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by justy15: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
same scenario in the case of certificateless buhari who instead of presenting his certificate hired 13 SANS to defend him while his foot soldiers send death threat to the plaintiff n the presiding judge justice ademola. nevertheless, we know the truth

1 Like

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by clickwtB(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Saraki&Ekweremadu please resign and save us long judicial process,the one that tactically threathened Nigeria should becareful.Nigeria is supreme to all.!
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bashydemy1: 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
kenkenn:
Wait a minute!

So the FG wants Saraki and Ekweremadu to resign

is that why they are witch hunting them?

Haba!

Nobody is with hunting them, Their fellow senators reported the case to the police and not the FG.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Obajemustapha(m): 11:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
kenkenn:
Wait a minute!

Haba!

ur talk no make one sense at all knw wat up b4 u jux carry ur phone talk
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bashydemy1: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
We will no accept this, temitemi, firefire,anonimi and the rest abobaku will not let that happenn

How market wailers.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Rexnegro(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
prinsam30:
government of drama
yes for me I like The drama o, impunity with a touch of greed is just too much with some nigeria politicians and they always believe they can always do away with it...You can't eat And Have Your cake at The same time...its high time we need Not stand or defend any corrupt politician regardless of his tribe or affiliation.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by joxyblast: 1:52am On Jul 01, 2016
You are a big fool in your generation has enough reach the polical office of councilor. Dommy [q uote author=tomakint post=47070340]Reminds me of the Salisu Buhari fiasco.....the dude after much pressure willfully resigned unlike this bastard forming "one don" he go soon clear for in eye[/quote]
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by joxyblast: 1:53am On Jul 01, 2016
I don't know why you goats not understand this political system. Buhari will meet his doom
Obajemustapha:
ur talk no make one sense at all knw wat up b4 u jux carry ur phone talk
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Paulygabs: 3:53am On Jul 01, 2016
Well let judgment take its place thats all.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Thobiy(m): 5:15am On Jul 01, 2016
veekid:
It's now obvious that all what they want from saraki is that seat; make him too resign now; no day wey e no dey enter newspaper

Saraki vex resign, eyes no dey push you?
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Apreal: 7:23am On Jul 01, 2016
[Qquote author=kenkenn post=47065647]Wait a minute!

Haba!

[/quote]

Is high time will call a spade a spade in this country and stop been sentimental,
My question is, did they actually forged the standing order? If they are guilty then they should dance to there own music.

When I was in the University, a guy got an admission with a fake waec result & this was discovered in 400lv 2nd semester, he didn't even wait for the school to take any action before packing is stuff.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by 1kinggy(m): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2016
babeface3:

It is shamelessness, peculiar to African leaders, that wouldn't make any leader step down when he's linked with shameful practices such as forgery. Sarah & his cabal should make themselves available for prosecution, if their hands are clean.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by anonimi: 8:32am On Jul 01, 2016
bashydemy1:
We will no accept this, temitemi, firefire,anonimi and the rest abobaku will not let that happenn

How market wailers.

I pity your condition, walahi.
Should you, if you are reasonable, not be concerned that the executive is eroding the INDEPENDENCE of the legislative arm that is an essential of the checks & balances in a functional democracy?
Is that not how it is in those countries where our fellow citizens are running to be under-employed voluntary slaves?
The Senate rules were obviously AMENDED by those present on the day of the elections when your JagbaJantis decided to DISRESPECT the president's convening of the 8th NASS by holding a meeting at the same time somewhere else.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043813_img20151031182934_jpeg9e20f9096dfc108761ed3160bd879f5f

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by anonimi: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2016
1kinggy:
It is shamelessness, peculiar to African leaders, that wouldn't make any leader step down when he's linked with shameful practices such as forgery. Sarah & his cabal should make themselves available for prosecution, if their hands are clean.

Did they not show up in court already or you are as confused as the Dullard from Daura
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by anonimi: 8:37am On Jul 01, 2016
mrkayusfit:
At the End Of This whole brouhaha, Tinubu will win and have the last laugh cool

Thanks for confirming that this is all about the Asiwaju Asiwere of agberos having the last laugh and not about any forgery case.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by anonimi: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2016
justy15:
same scenario in the case of certificateless buhari who instead of presenting his certificate hired 13 SANS to defend him while his foot soldiers send death threat to the plaintiff n the presiding judge justice ademola. nevertheless, we know the truth

.....and we also know that the dictator Dullard from Daura has not shared publicly the asset declaration made to CCB as he promised.

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2464828_iwilldeclaremyassetspubliclybuhari20150531084337_jpeg3bd039b61769cbf4f77ec6ba5a354a26

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bashydemy1: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2016
anonimi:

I pity your condition, walahi.
Should you, if you are reasonable, not be concerned that the executive is eroding the INDEPENDENCE of the legislative arm that is an essential of the checks & balances in a functional democracy?
Is that not how it is in those countries where our fellow citizens are running to be under-employed voluntary slaves?
The Senate rules were obviously AMENDED by those present on the day of the elections when your JagbaJantis decided to DISRESPECT the president's convening of the 8th NASS by holding a meeting at the same time somewhere else.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043813_img20151031182934_jpeg9e20f9096dfc108761ed3160bd879f5f

I think you need to your use your brain, The case is not against the Legislative but against individual...Saraki, Ekwewmadu, Maikasua and teh Deputy clerk so what's the problem of the Senate with it... Senate rules was changed without the consent of other senators? No be other senators on the floor petition them before police?

Again If Saraki shoot and kill someone on the assembly complex are you going to ask the FG not to intervene since is within the floor of the legislator?
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by anonimi: 9:16am On Jul 01, 2016
bashydemy1:
I think you need to your use your brain, The case is not against the Legislative but against individual...Saraki, Ekwewmadu, Maikasua and teh Deputy clerk so what's the problem of the Senate with it... Senate rules was changed without the consent of other senators? No be other senators on the floor petition them before police?

Again If Saraki shoot and kill someone on the assembly complex are you going to ask the FG not to intervene since is within the floor of the legislator?

Senators who were PRESENT at the inauguration or who were absent attending the meeting called by your JagaBANDIT of Bourdillon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f52RQ_hCck

1 Like

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bashydemy1: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2016
anonimi:

Senators who were PRESENT at the inauguration or who were absent attending the meeting called by your JagaBANDIT of Bourdillon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f52RQ_hCck
What is this one saying? Who is talking about those present at the inauguration? We are talking about changing rules as against the law and without the consent of other senators.. The rules was change before the inauguration and did you read the interview of the deputy clerk who said the change it to favor Saraki and Ekweremadu? Did you also read Saraki statement for the reason he is not present at ICC? He said he has been at the Assembly complex as early as 6am hiding inside one small car till 10am in the morning... What is he doing there that early? What is a farmer at the dead of the night if not to steal is other farmers yam?
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
WATCHOVER:
[b][/b] Citing the case of former Speaker Salisu Buhari, who
forged a certificate showing that he graduated from a
Toronto University

I just tire for Nigeria matter.
Every election people wey no get certificate dey win come cause confusion!!!
Wetin people wey go school dey wait before they take over this country and do things the proper way?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Folasade Adeleke Shares Pregnancy Photoshoot / Saraki Rejoices As Court Of Appeal Upheld His Election / Photos From Osinbajo's Mum 90th Birthday Thanksgiving Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.