Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) (4686 Views)

Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Folorunsho Alakija Meets With Ibrahim Babangida In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Anybody with an ideal.??

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by Horlufemi(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tribal goat

22 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by SpeedyConnect(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
k
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by whitestar01(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
ArmedRobber:
Anybody with an ideal.??
Do want to go and kidnap him?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by CSTR2: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
She is one of the corrupt people that have looted the commonwealth of the niger-delta by just being a whoree to a military leader.
And the irony of it all is that she is being celebrated today in whatever backward cave she hails from.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by johnwizey: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
CSTR2:
She is one of the corrupt people that have looted the commonwealth of the niger-delta by just being a whoree to a military leader.
And the irony of it all is that she is being celebrated today in whatever backward cave she hails from.
Slut Diezani and Stella Oduah can do better, dont you think

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by machinery1: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
[s]
CSTR2:
[/s]

Bitter and pained ipob tout. E pain the weyre.

26 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by CSTR2: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
johnwizey:
Slut Diezani and Stella Oduah can do better, dont you think
Alright.
Atleast you did not deny my assertion.

18 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
whitestar01:
Do want to go and kidnap him?
NOgrin
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by EMMYLBANKS(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
i mean it....Bleep lord luggard
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
Horlufemi:
Tribal goat
Tribal Hen

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by CSTR2: 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
machinery1:
[s][/s]

Bitter and pained ipob tout. E pain the weyre.
Pained as in how? I am not a direct recipient of the suffering and deprivation the likes of alakija have caused you and your entire generations.
Trust a tribalistic cone head to lose sight of the bigger thieves. Bloody yoruba lout.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by mrvitalis(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Igbos in a real sense don't aspire to be that rich.. . Don't get me wrong
All the average igbo man wants is to be comfortable... That's why there names are more popular than there business

How many igbo company do u have in NSE??
They all want to be in control and as such the business can't grow beyond certain level

Innoson is a typical example.. . Instead of him to sale shares... Bring in more investors and expand... he wants to be the sole owner of the company... . Bill gate owns 8.5% of Microsoft but is the world richest man...That's what we igbos don't know. ..

But I feel on the average igbos have more rich people than any part in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by Ilovemystate: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
ArmedRobber:
Anybody with an ideal.??

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/top-6-most-powerful-women-in-oil-and-gas-cm502914#ixzz4D4zAUVAB

Top 6 Most Powerful Women In Oil And Gas in the world
July 30, 2015, 08:10:31 AM EDT By Oilprice.com

By Andrew Topf for Oilprice.com

When it comes to glass ceilings, there is probably none tougher to crack than the oil and gas industry. For decades the corner office has been the preserve of alpha-male CEOs with a high tolerance for risk.

Today, the maxim still holds true. In Oilprice.com's list of the 12 richest oil and gas tycoons, not one is a woman. Recently though, Vicki Hollub, a 33-year veteran with Occidental Petroleum, made American corporate history by becoming the first female CEO of a major U.S. oil company.

Hollub, 55, will assume assume control of Occidental's global oil and gas business, replacing current chief executive Stephen Chazen who will step down at the 2016 AGM.

“The board selected Vicki based on her strong track record of successfully growing our domestic oil and gas business profitably and efficiently,” Occidental said in a statement announcing her promotion. According to Bloomberg, Hollub was paid $3.66 million in 2014, including a $516,697 salary plus stock options. The Alabama-trained mineral engineer oversaw wells in Texas and other U.S. states that reaped $12 billion.

Much ink has been spilt over why more women haven't cracked the glass ceiling in America, including a new Pew Research report that explores perceptions about women's ability to lead companies. Among the findings: 50 percent of women and 35 percent of men agree that many businesses aren't ready to hire women for top executive positions. Another study drilled down into the backgrounds of 277 CEOs from the largest publicly-traded U.S. and international oil and gas companies. It found that the most likely reason for the dearth of female oil and gas chief executives is the lack of women studying engineering – the most common path to the industry's executive boardrooms. In 2013, only about 13 percent of engineers were female. The good news for women is that the number of CEOs in the industry is expected to increase as more enter the engineering field.

While the 2014 study found that only 1 percent of oil and gas companies surveyed were led by women, a search one year later finds Hollub in good company, with a number of women occupying perhaps not the corner office, but one with a pretty sweet view nonetheless. Following, in no particular order, are women who exert considerable power and influence in the oil and gas industry today:

Mariana Gheorghe, CEO, Petrom.

Ranked 19th in Fortune magazine's 2014 list of most powerful women in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Mariana Gheorghe is considered one of the most influential women in Eastern Europe. The 59-year-old was the first female CEO of Romanian oil and gas group Petrom. After completing degrees in law, economics and corporate finance, Gheorghe worked for the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development form 1993 to 2006, when she took the helm of Petrom.

Ceri Powell, Global Head of Exploration, Royal Dutch Shell.

According to Fortune, Ceri Powell in 2013 became the highest-ranking female executive at Shell when she took charge of the group's global exploration. She is 21st on Fortune's list of most powerful women cited above. Originally from Wales, Powell holds a doctorate in structural geology and joined Shell in 1990. She held numerous positions at Shell in exploration and new business development before undertaking her current post, where she has led new discoveries in Australia, Malaysia, Nigeria, the Gulf of Mexico and Albania, according to Fortune.

Debra Reed, CEO, board chairman, Sempra Energy.

Graduating summa cum laude from the University of Southern California with an undergrad in civil engineering, Reed joined SoCalGas in 1978 and became the company's first female officer 10 years later. As one of 25 female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, Reed was recognized as one of the magazine's “50 Most Powerful Women in Business” from 2011 to 2014. Salary.com has Reed pulling in $8.85 million in 2014, including base pay of $1.12 million. Reed also serves on the boards of Halliburton and Caterpillar.

Trudy Curran, senior vice-president, general counsel and corporate secretary, Canadian Oil Sands Ltd.

With a background in securities and corporate finance law, Trudy Curran joined Canadian Oil Sands in 2002 after holding senior positions with EnCana, Canadian Pacific Limited and now-defunct Canadian Airlines. In 2012, Curran received a Scotiabank Corporate Executives Award and was ranked second out of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, behind No. 1 Amiee Chan, president and CEO of Norsat.

Catherine Uju Ifejika, chairman and CEO, Brittania-U Limited.

[b]In terms of female representation in the upper echelons of oil and gas, Nigeria may be an outlier. The largest oil producer in Africa is headed by a woman, Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke, and is seeing a growing number of female oil industry bosses. One of them is Catherine Uju Ifejika, chairman and chief executive of Brittania U Limited, an oil exploration and production company. After graduating with a law degree, Uju Ifejika took a job as junior counsel with Texaco, then became Company Secretary Public and Government Affairs for West Africa. In 2001, she set up Brittania-U with N10 million (USD$50,251) in severance pay from her former employer and a USD$115,577 loan.

The company is currently suing Chevron over the sale of three oil mining leases, for which Brittania-U paid $765 million in 2013. A recent feature on Uju Ifejika, who is described as one of the richest women in Africa, has the oil tycoon dismissing those who criticize her rise to power despite a lack of background in petroleum engineering: “I’m not a geologist and I have never worked in exploration and production,” she told Fascinating Nigeria. “The only thing I know is how to take something that is nothing and create something out of it that you can see and appreciate … Not being an engineer or a geologist was immaterial. Today I speak the language of the geologist, I can interpret the maps and when they bring in technical things we look at them together – because I was able to rise above my fear level.”
[/b]

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/top-6-most-powerful-women-in-oil-and-gas-cm502914#ixzz4D4zAUVAB

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29127436

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Top-6-Most-Powerful-Women-In-Oil-And-Gas.html

http://venturesafrica.com/10-nigerian-billionaires-youve-never-heard-of/

10-nigerian-billionaires-youve-never-heard-of

Uju Ifejika, Africa’s Most Successful Female Oil Tycoon
http://africanmillionares.realinfozones.com/2014/11/uju-ifejika-africas-most-successful.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by LordOracle(m): 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
OP you mother is the same human being, With two breast and a hole like that woman and it is not a crime if your dad(that is if u have one) is rich as her or even richer. Bastard!!! Dont go and make ur own name keep counting people that are rich while u have not eaten since yesday night.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/top-6-most-powerful-women-in-oil-and-gas-cm502914#ixzz4D4zAUVAB

Top 6 Most Powerful Women In Oil And Gas in the world
July 30, 2015, 08:10:31 AM EDT By Oilprice.com

By Andrew Topf for Oilprice.com

When it comes to glass ceilings, there is probably none tougher to crack than the oil and gas industry. For decades the corner office has been the preserve of alpha-male CEOs with a high tolerance for risk.

Today, the maxim still holds true. In Oilprice.com's list of the 12 richest oil and gas tycoons, not one is a woman. Recently though, Vicki Hollub, a 33-year veteran with Occidental Petroleum, made American corporate history by becoming the first female CEO of a major U.S. oil company.

Hollub, 55, will assume assume control of Occidental's global oil and gas business, replacing current chief executive Stephen Chazen who will step down at the 2016 AGM.

“The board selected Vicki based on her strong track record of successfully growing our domestic oil and gas business profitably and efficiently,” Occidental said in a statement announcing her promotion. According to Bloomberg, Hollub was paid $3.66 million in 2014, including a $516,697 salary plus stock options. The Alabama-trained mineral engineer oversaw wells in Texas and other U.S. states that reaped $12 billion.

Much ink has been spilt over why more women haven't cracked the glass ceiling in America, including a new Pew Research report that explores perceptions about women's ability to lead companies. Among the findings: 50 percent of women and 35 percent of men agree that many businesses aren't ready to hire women for top executive positions. Another study drilled down into the backgrounds of 277 CEOs from the largest publicly-traded U.S. and international oil and gas companies. It found that the most likely reason for the dearth of female oil and gas chief executives is the lack of women studying engineering – the most common path to the industry's executive boardrooms. In 2013, only about 13 percent of engineers were female. The good news for women is that the number of CEOs in the industry is expected to increase as more enter the engineering field.

While the 2014 study found that only 1 percent of oil and gas companies surveyed were led by women, a search one year later finds Hollub in good company, with a number of women occupying perhaps not the corner office, but one with a pretty sweet view nonetheless. Following, in no particular order, are women who exert considerable power and influence in the oil and gas industry today:

Mariana Gheorghe, CEO, Petrom.

Ranked 19th in Fortune magazine's 2014 list of most powerful women in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Mariana Gheorghe is considered one of the most influential women in Eastern Europe. The 59-year-old was the first female CEO of Romanian oil and gas group Petrom. After completing degrees in law, economics and corporate finance, Gheorghe worked for the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development form 1993 to 2006, when she took the helm of Petrom.

Ceri Powell, Global Head of Exploration, Royal Dutch Shell.

According to Fortune, Ceri Powell in 2013 became the highest-ranking female executive at Shell when she took charge of the group's global exploration. She is 21st on Fortune's list of most powerful women cited above. Originally from Wales, Powell holds a doctorate in structural geology and joined Shell in 1990. She held numerous positions at Shell in exploration and new business development before undertaking her current post, where she has led new discoveries in Australia, Malaysia, Nigeria, the Gulf of Mexico and Albania, according to Fortune.

Debra Reed, CEO, board chairman, Sempra Energy.

Graduating summa cum laude from the University of Southern California with an undergrad in civil engineering, Reed joined SoCalGas in 1978 and became the company's first female officer 10 years later. As one of 25 female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, Reed was recognized as one of the magazine's “50 Most Powerful Women in Business” from 2011 to 2014. Salary.com has Reed pulling in $8.85 million in 2014, including base pay of $1.12 million. Reed also serves on the boards of Halliburton and Caterpillar.

Trudy Curran, senior vice-president, general counsel and corporate secretary, Canadian Oil Sands Ltd.

With a background in securities and corporate finance law, Trudy Curran joined Canadian Oil Sands in 2002 after holding senior positions with EnCana, Canadian Pacific Limited and now-defunct Canadian Airlines. In 2012, Curran received a Scotiabank Corporate Executives Award and was ranked second out of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, behind No. 1 Amiee Chan, president and CEO of Norsat.

Catherine Uju Ifejika, chairman and CEO, Brittania-U Limited.

[b]In terms of female representation in the upper echelons of oil and gas, Nigeria may be an outlier. The largest oil producer in Africa is headed by a woman, Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke, and is seeing a growing number of female oil industry bosses. One of them is Catherine Uju Ifejika, chairman and chief executive of Brittania U Limited, an oil exploration and production company. After graduating with a law degree, Uju Ifejika took a job as junior counsel with Texaco, then became Company Secretary Public and Government Affairs for West Africa. In 2001, she set up Brittania-U with N10 million (USD$50,251) in severance pay from her former employer and a USD$115,577 loan.

The company is currently suing Chevron over the sale of three oil mining leases, for which Brittania-U paid $765 million in 2013. A recent feature on Uju Ifejika, who is described as one of the richest women in Africa, has the oil tycoon dismissing those who criticize her rise to power despite a lack of background in petroleum engineering: “I’m not a geologist and I have never worked in exploration and production,” she told Fascinating Nigeria. “The only thing I know is how to take something that is nothing and create something out of it that you can see and appreciate … Not being an engineer or a geologist was immaterial. Today I speak the language of the geologist, I can interpret the maps and when they bring in technical things we look at them together – because I was able to rise above my fear level.”
[/b]

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/top-6-most-powerful-women-in-oil-and-gas-cm502914#ixzz4D4zAUVAB

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29127436

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Top-6-Most-Powerful-Women-In-Oil-And-Gas.html

http://venturesafrica.com/10-nigerian-billionaires-youve-never-heard-of/

10-nigerian-billionaires-youve-never-heard-of

Uju Ifejika, Africa’s Most Successful Female Oil Tycoon
http://africanmillionares.realinfozones.com/2014/11/uju-ifejika-africas-most-successful.html

Tell me the position where she ranked.??

In Nigeria richest forbes List
And

World richest women forbes List..??

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by Ilovemystate: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
ArmedRobber:

Tell me the position where she ranked.??

In Nigeria richest forbes List
And

World richest women forbes List..??

I hope you know the meaning nasdaq
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by nabiz(m): 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Igbo wealth are evenly distributed. That is why poverty rate is low in the easth when compared to others. they make money to positively affect the life of their brothers. If u make money in igbo land any of your family member remains poor, the communnity will not be happy with u, unlike other tribes
They are not selfish and love to carry their brother along. Take me for instance do u know how many people i am trainig in school with the little money am making.
Our wealth is measured by the total well been of our family members and not the individual well been. Do know how many those igbo people that are selling gala on the street are training. They believe that a mad man is not ashame but his brother. It is a shameful in igbo land for u to be a begger while ur brother is rich

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by kettle84(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
wealth is measured by per capita income. Igbo's have the highest per capita when compared with other tribes.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ilovemystate:

I hope you know the meaning nasdaq

Nasdaq and forbes which of these two rate the richest Men and women in the world..?
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
nabiz:
Igbo wealth are evenly distributed. That is why poverty rate is low in the easth when compared to others. they make money to positively affect the life of their brothers. If u make money in igbo land any of your family member remains poor, the communnity will not be happy with u, unlike other tribes
They are not selfish and love to carry their brother along. Take me for instance do u know how many people i am trainig in school with the little money am making.
Our wealth is measured by the total well been of our family members and not the individual well been. Do know how many those igbo people that are selling gala on the street are training. They believe that a mad man is not ashame but his brother. It is a shameful in igbo land for u to be a begger while ur brother is rich
Can you provide a fact for ur assertions that poverty rate in south east is lower than other regions.??

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
kettle84:
wealth is measured by per capita income. Igbo's have the highest per capita when compared with other tribes.

How did u pass waec..??

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
mrvitalis:
Igbos in a real sense don't aspire to be that rich.. . Don't get me wrong
All the average igbo man wants is to be comfortable... That's why there names are more popular than there business

How many igbo company do u have in NSE??
They all want to be in control and as such the business can't grow beyond certain level

Innoson is a typical example.. . Instead of him to sale shares... Bring in more investors and expand... he wants to be the sole owner of the company... . Bill gate owns 8.5% of Microsoft but is the world richest man...That's what we igbos don't know. ..

But I feel on the average igbos have more rich people than any part in Nigeria

Save ur self all this stress is there no igboman richer than mrs folorunsho Alakija YES or NO??
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
Really?? no igboman is richer than mrs folorunsho Alakija
Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by pythonkid(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
I'm pretty sure OP is living below poverty rate..

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by ArmedRobber: 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
pythonkid:
I'm pretty sure OP is living below poverty rate..

Yes re u alright now??grincheesy

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by machinery1: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
CSTR2:
Pained as in how? I am not a direct recipient of the suffering and deprivation the likes of alakija have caused you and your entire generations.
Trust a tribalistic cone head to lose sight of the bigger thieves. Bloody yoruba lout.

Lmaoo e pain the lousy animal. The flat headed akpu eating savage is crying over nothing, you and your entire generations are already 12th class citizen of the country, you can cry forever cos no one take an akpu eating flat head serious. Bloody cocaine smuggler

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by jude90(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
CSTR2:
thank you very much u just spoke my mind

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by cktheluckyman: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
Orji Uzor Kalu, Jim Ovia,Tony Elumelu ,Paschal Dozie are all far richer than the alakija woman on Forbes list

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Igboman Richer Than Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (in Forbes List) by overall90: 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Oh Alakija.....one of the reasons why Yorubas go into epileptic fits any time they hear of Biafra or Niger Delta republic.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Loses N15bn To Illegal Sale Of PHCN Assets – Reps / A Peek Into Nnamdi Kanu's Fashion Taste.. / How Northern Leaders Showed That Igbo Leaders Are Fools (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.