Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS (5367 Views)

Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" / I Need Help With Shipping My Items From 1688 And Aliexpress / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hello,
i'm currently experiencing a problem now, i have been using my stanbic ibtc card to make payment previously, now i tried making payment but i got a failed message and then i decided to use my sisters GTB card to make payment, it went and i rejoiced, next day i received a message that it wasnt, i got shocked, then i went back to make payment again using my own Stanbic card and it went. Next day i got message that it wasnt succesful, talked to some few people and they complained that Nigerian cards are no longer been accepted on alibaba. Is this true?
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by ministeriallist: 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
What type of card are you issued by your Bank? Mastercard, Visa or Verve?
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
ministeriallist:
What type of card are you issued by your Bank? Mastercard, Visa or Verve?

MASTERCARD BY BOTH CARDS, and i have being using STANBIC TO PAY, JUST THAT IT FAILED EARLIER ON AND I CHOSE TO GTB AND IT WENT, ONLY FOR THE MONEY TO BE RETURNED
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by ministeriallist: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
topsnet:

MASTERCARD BY BOTH CARDS, and i have being using STANBIC TO PAY, JUST THAT IT FAILED EARLIER ON AND I CHOSE TO GTB AND IT WENT, ONLY FOR THE MONEY TO BE RETURNED
It could be due to lack of Forex by the Bank. You need to see your Banker
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
ministeriallist:

It could be due to lack of Forex by the Bank. You need to see your Banker

Okay Thank you
Do you know of any bank that the cards work on alibaba or aliexpress currently now
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by ministeriallist: 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
topsnet:

Okay Thank you
Do you know of any bank that the cards work on alibaba or aliexpress currently now
I don't
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by tmonyekwe: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
topsnet:
Hello,
i'm currently experiencing a problem now, i have been using my stanbic ibtc card to make payment previously, now i tried making payment but i got a failed message and then i decided to use my sisters GTB card to make payment, it went and i rejoiced, next day i received a message that it wasnt, i got shocked, then i went back to make payment again using my own Stanbic card and it went. Next day i got message that it wasnt succesful, talked to some few people and they complained that Nigerian cards are no longer been accepted on alibaba. Is this true?

You may have exceeded the monthly limit set by the bank,call them to confirm
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
s
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by franzis(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
I use my Gtbank MasterCard to make payment on aliexpress yesterday.... 330 naira to 1 USD
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by xdawn(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
I use access bank visa card to buy some thing on aliexpress this evening.
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 01, 2016
tmonyekwe:

You may have exceeded the monthly limit set by the bank,call them to confirm
Symphony1:
Your case is no big deal.
Please someone help
I can't use my master card on Google play store anymore.... what the FUCCCK IS happening?
franzis:
I use my Gtbank MasterCard to make payment on aliexpress yesterday.... 330 naira to 1 USD

Sometimes i tried using accesbbank on alibaba, last week, it said payment failed.
2. Daily limit set by stanbic is $100 nd monthly klimit foir GTB IS $2000, Didnt exceed any of both
3. Its a big deal cuz i am a business man & i need make payment for goods or services
4. What i will do is to get a snew debit card and create a new email address and lets see if it will go. Soemone told me that its because i got a failed transaction at first and i changed debiut card to GTB, alibaba recognised that it wasnt the same stanbic card used for payment again.

I hope it goes, else i will be dragging my name to the mud as people have already paid me money for the goods.
I use stanbic because its $310

Any other response or assistance to this issue would help
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by dombible(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2016
Stanbic is no more a strong Bank i went ahead to withdrawn all my money from them when i got this sms from them, Dear Customer, effective 21 June 2016 the international daily spend limit on your Debit card is $50 on ATM and $100 on POS/Web combined. The monthly cumulative spend limit on ATM/POS/Web is now $750. Remember to notify us of your travel plans to ensure unhindered access to your cards abroad. 012709676
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Trut(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2016
topsnet:

Okay Thank you

Try Acces Bank visa card, the is accepted everywhere and their exchange rate is always cheaper compare to GTB Master Card.
Re: Nigerian Cards Are Not Being Accepted By ALIBABA And ALIEXPRESS by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Trut:

Try Acces Bank visa card, the is accepted everywhere and their exchange rate is always cheaper compare to GTB Master Card.

Thanks very much, i have gotten the matter resolved although i didnt know how it was resolved, i tried paying on aliexpress this time arou d and it went but on alibaba it failed. Luckily for me most of my suppliers are on alibaba and aliexpress, so they just quote the price for me on aliexpress and case was resolved

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Computer Business Center / MTN And Zain's Latest #100 Promo/lottery / Platt Price For Pms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.