Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari (1462 Views)

Military Action Still An Option Against Militancy In Niger Delta – Buhari / Niger Delta: Buhari, Osinbajo Meet Service Chiefs / I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by olokeded: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari says his administration would rebuild Nigeria, including the Niger Delta region, and therefore solicits patience and understanding from the citizenry.

Receiving a delegation of Niger Delta Dialogue and Contact Group, led by His Royal Highness, King Alfred Diette-Spiff, the Amanyanabo of Twon Brass, Bayelsa State, at State House, Abuja, Thursday, President Buhari pledged that under his watch Nigeria will witness judicious utilization of resources.

"We intend to rebuild this country; so that our children and grand-children will have a good place they can call their own. A lot of damage has been done, so I want you to tell the people to be patient.

"When you get together with other leaders, please pacify the people. We will utilize the resources of Nigeria with integrity and rebuild the country."

The President said the gazette on the Niger Delta amnesty programme by the Umaru Yar'Adua administration is being studied with a view to determining what had been fulfilled, promising that whatever is left would equally be addressed.

"I want to get as much intelligence as possible on the situation in the Niger Delta. I have encouraged law enforcement agencies to contact leaders like you in order to have enough information to deal with the issues once and for all, “the President said.

He sympathized with investors who borrowed lots of money to invest in the Niger Delta region and have not recouped their investments due to insecurity.

He used the occasion of his audience with the Group to reiterate his appeal to those who perpetrate violence to embrace peace and give government a chance.

The leader of the Group, King Alfred Diette-Spiff, said the group was made of peace builders, dedicated to peace and stability in the region.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President ((Media and Publicity)
June 30, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/we-will-rebuild-niger-delta-buhari.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by alizma: 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
I WILL STAND WITH NIGER DELTA AVENGERS ONLY IF THEIR DEMAND HAS TO DO WITH BUILDING THE REGION RATHER THAN ASKING THE FG TO DROP CHARGES AGAINST THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ROBBED THAT REGION IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

IF JONATHAN HAD THOUGHT OF THAT REGION THE WAY YAR ADUA DID OR THE WAY BUHARI IS THINKING NOW, ND WOULD HAVE START FEELING THE POSITIVE IMPACT BY NOW.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by jieta: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
b
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by sarrki(m): 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
I believe your word baba
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
Just do your best irrespective of their attitude toward you.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Rebuild North-East first before you start blabbing.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Everyone who supports a corrupt politician is corrupt.

Everyone who supports a corrupt politician is a wailer.

Therefore, all wailers are corrupt.

Take this from me.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by donsteady(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Rebuild Niger delta and relocate federal capital to state with highest oil reserves
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by InfomejobsN: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Baba has Spoken

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by modath(f): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
quid:
Rebuild North-East first before you start blabbing.

Are you naturally joyless or just plain intransigent? sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by lashout1: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
was it built before now?

rebuild ko, rebrand ni.
political statement everywhere.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Welrez(m): 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
Opium for further exploitation!
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by malton: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
I feel the passion in his words.

donsteady:
Rebuild Niger delta and relocate federal capital to state with highest oil reserves

Do us a favor--stay far away from politics as possible!

undecided
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by PhilemonObende: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
e be like dullardeen head don dey reset small small. I thought they were 5%ers who didn't deserve FG attention, I thought they are slaves only meant to be plundered. you go hear am for this administration. grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by TheFreeOne: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Develop makes more sense. But to achieve that there must be a ND developmental plan in place.

Assembling political leaders/militants for pacifying shares in the national cake won't solve the ND crisis so there must be lasting solutions via development and sincere approach to grievances of the people.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
modath:

Are you naturally joyless or just plain intransigent? sad
Actually I am transient joyfully. grin grin
Why do you ask sweetie?
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Legitbaba(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
lashout1:
was it built before now?

rebuild ko, rebrand ni.

political statement everywhere.

Lolz....ma.brother, I wonder what was built before that he wants to rebuild (maybe the destroyed oil facilities)
This govt. Never learns...always promising, its been more than a year and one is still making promises here and there after denying all the ones made before election, u (mr.Buhari) want to take away a Maritime university in the Same area u want to rebuild...

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by modath(f): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
quid:

Actually I am transient joyfully. grin grin
Why do you ask sweetie?

Cos you move from thread to thread like a black crow bitterie!!

Everything isn't war, small small ya hia?
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
We will " ifahear" another pot of lies, believe them at your own peril.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
modath:

Cos you move from thread to thread like a black crow bitterie!!

Everything isn't war, small small ya hia?
So you have been following me from thread to thread cheesy cheesy
How romantic kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
franciskaine:
Everyone who supports a corrupt politician is corrupt.

Everyone who supports a corrupt politician is a wailer.

Therefore, all wailers are corrupt.

Take this from me.
You support Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi and Fashola, don't you?

Therefore, You are also corrupt, are you not?
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by iyobosadavid: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
thank you Mr president, Nigeria shall bee great again under your watch. atleast you are a dullard in the aspect of stealing, why the stealing Is not corruption otuoke drunken master Is a champion in stealing and fails to build even his own region. Rev Fr Mbaka is right when he says If my brother can not feed me, and a stranger can, let that stranger be

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You support Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi and Fashola, don't you?

Therefore, You are also corrupt, are you not?
I dont support them, I support what will bring change to Nigeria. PDP does not represent that. Anything but PDP will make do for me, so far good governance and fight against corruption is assured.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Almajiri1: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari's Eldorado campaign promises MUST be felt across the length and breadth of Nigeria!Northernization and the 97% theory must be dumped and true federal character reflected on all buhari's appointments and body language.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
franciskaine:
I dont support them, I support what will bring change to Nigeria. PDP does not represent that. Anything but PDP will make do for me, so far good governance and fight against corruption is assured.
So APC represent good governance and fight against corruption? grin

Hehehehehehehehehehe grin

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Almajiri1: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
quid:
So you have been following me from thread to thread cheesy cheesy How romantic kiss kiss kiss kiss
You two love birds should get a room.
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by OjukwuWarBird: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Almajiri1:

You two love birds should get a room.

Bad boy

You want quid to impregnate modath grin
Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Almajiri1: 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

Bad boy

They would both make intelligent babies. The stars are perfectly aligning for them tonight.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rebuild Niger Delta - Buhari by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2016
Almajiri1:

They would both make intelligent babies. The stars are perfectly aligning for them tonight.

OjukwuWarBird:

Bad boy

@modath
When and where do we hook up. Can't wait . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Will Return My Own Money. / Photo: What Is Gov. Willie Obiano Telling The VP Osinbajo? / Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.