Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Syrian Refugee Hands In €150,000 He Found In Wardrobe In Germany - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syrian Refugee Hands In €150,000 He Found In Wardrobe In Germany (488 Views)

In 150-Page Report, House Intel Republicans Find No Evidence Of Collusion / Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US / German Machete Attack: Syrian Refugee Kills Woman & Injures Two Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Syrian Refugee Hands In €150,000 He Found In Wardrobe In Germany by cocolacec(m): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
A refugee from Syria found a huge stash of money in a secondhand wardrobe he bought. But keeping it for himself would have been a betrayal of his religion, he said.

Muhannad M. found the €150,000 shortly after he had moved into his new flat in Minden, North Rhine-Westphalia, police report.

He was able to kit out his new pad thanks largely to money donated through charities, and one of the new furnishings he bought was an old wardrobe.

When the 25-year-old cleaned out the wardrobe, he noticed that there was a hidden compartment inside, where two sheets of wood had been screwed together.

After he pulled it apart, he was amazed to find savings books worth €100,000 plus €50,000 in cash.

“They were all new €500 notes. I thought it was fake money,” he told national newspaper Bild.
So he researched online how to tell real bank notes from fake ones and came to the conclusion that this was the real deal.

But rather than keep the cash for himself, he informed the migration authorities, who in turn let the police know.

“I am a Muslim. I’m not allowed to keep this money. My religion forbids it,” he explained.

“Allah would never allow me to finance my own interests with someone else’s wealth.”

This young man has acted in an exemplary way and deserves great respect,” a police spokesperson said.

“It sometimes happens that smaller amounts of money are handed in. But this kind of money is the absolute exception.”

Muhannad arrived in Germany in October 2015. The rest of his family are still in Syria, where a civil war has destroyed large parts of the country since it broke out in 2011.

The young communications student from Homs isn’t going away completely empty handed, though. He will receive a finder’s fee of three percent of the value of the money.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-syria-germany-asylum-seeker-hands-in-money-found-in-wardrobe-a7109296.html

Re: Syrian Refugee Hands In €150,000 He Found In Wardrobe In Germany by HungerBAD: 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
When God blesses you and you reject it.

I am trying to imagine one Muslim Guy from Ibadan,coming across this cash.

Dude be like "Allah thank you for this Blessing" and I know you could have made the money more,because you know I have lots of responsibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Syrian Refugee Hands In €150,000 He Found In Wardrobe In Germany by princeakins(m): 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
MUmuni grin
Re: Syrian Refugee Hands In €150,000 He Found In Wardrobe In Germany by ubcandid(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2016
he just showed the world how STUPID he could be. The cash could have been stolen money hidden. Again the money goes into the account of a rich German government who do not need it.

woe would befall him if he goes on an commits adultery, fornication e..t.c... he didn't steal the money, he found it there neatly tucked, instead of him, to think of his family in syria he is helping the Germans who dont need it. more like pouring a barrel of crude oil into a super tanker.

(1) (Reply)

N’korea ‘tests Submarine-launched Ballistic Missile’ / CIA Chief Not Optimistic Syria Will Remain One Country / Philippine: Duterte Tells Obama To "Go To Hell"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.