Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? (2673 Views)

Done Deal! The Jagaban Showing Atiku Way To Aso Rock (photo) / DEFECTION: Hear What Musiliu Obanikoro Just Said Of The Jagaban / Caption This Photo Of Uduaghan, Ibori And Okowa All Of Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
I've been wondering who it is, that is the arrow head of Delta State politics, some believe Ibori still has a strong influence in the state, while others don't. Let's hear ur opinion, tell us who u think is, and let us knw why u chose him/her, with his/her influence with & across the state.

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
There can only be ONE Jagaban.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Kingslaw(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tompolo. don't ask me why.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by franklinjoseph(m): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
I think the title should go to James Ibori.
Ike Clark is another notable name, but I think he has outlived his fame and influence. Its hard to keep up with the ever changing political climate.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tompolo? well good, dat's ur opinion, but i think u shld have told us why.
But like seriously, Tompolo strong sha, but i doubt.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
franklinjoseph:
I think the title should go to James Ibori.
Ike Clark is another notable name, but I think he has outlived his fame and influence. Its hard to keep up with the ever changing political climate.

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
ibotjaycob:
There can only be ONE Jagaban.
and who is the ONE?
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
I really dnt think Delta state has one Jagaban bcus of the different ethnicity in d state. For example, When u come to d Anioma side, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi remains a strong Jagaban, but not for d whole deltans. JAMES IBORI and some of his loyalist still controls things in Delta. James Manager is another go to guy.

All in all. Deltans still respect James ibori anyday anytime.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
sunnydayasaba:
I really dnt think Delta state has one Jagaban bcus of the different ethnicity in d state. For example, When u come to d Anioma side, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi remains a strong Jagaban, but not for d whole deltans. JAMES IBORI and some of his loyalist still controls things in Delta. James Manager is another go to guy.

All in all. Deltans still respect James ibori anyday anytime.

u mean Nwaoboshi is strong in Anioma? hmm, i once heard of d likes of Sen. Osakwe, Hon. Onwukamike, Peter Okocha and the rest, even Okowa d state Gov.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by spatiakrux(m): 7:00am On Jul 01, 2016
Do not look beyond Engr. Victor Ochei. The guy makes things happen in Delta especially the Anioma axis.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 01, 2016
OrisehNathan:

and who is the ONE?
You can't give that name to anyone else. There is only one!

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by sunnydayasaba(m): 7:39am On Jul 01, 2016
OrisehNathan:

u mean Nwaoboshi is strong in Anioma? hmm, i once heard of d likes of Sen. Osakwe, Hon. Onwukamike, Peter Okocha and the rest, even Okowa d state Gov.

Sen Osakwe cant be compared with Nwaoboshi, even Okowa d state Gov, Dnt forget Nwaoboshi was PDP chairman delta state for 2 complete term before he became a senator. He's got d contacts than all mentioned there. He was also part of those that influence Okowa election. Dnt forget he also won d Pdp primary election against Hammoud Ali's wife. He's very powerful even till now. He has influence d appointment of several commissioners and principal officers in okowa govt.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by rolchi(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
James Onanefe Ibori...the Odidigborigbo!!!

His shadow and his fingers are still active and everywhere!

Sad, Deltans lost him to UK Courts, but all over Delta State...He is!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
spatiakrux:
Do not look beyond Engr. Victor Ochei. The guy makes things happen in Delta especially the Anioma axis.

Ochei has lost is relevancy in Delta state to Peter Nwaoboshi since he left PDP and refuse to support Okowa. Same way Ndudi Elumelu lost out too
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by sanandreas(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ibori the game changer
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Frankiss44(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sadly it is no other person than ogidigbogboigbo 1 of Africa Chief James Onanefe Ibori... Nigger is still pulling strings all the way from prison a million miles away.. He is the game changer.. Every year millions is being spent to celebrate his birthday in delta state government house even in absentia and I expect okowa to continue with the trend... Delta need to be free the bandage of Ibori and his goons for the state to see light.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by ozalogbo: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is no such nomenclature as the Jagaban of Delta politics. What we have is the Odidigboigbo of Delta politics. And that is James Ibori. Senator Nwaoboshi of Delta North was a commissioner in Ibori's government. Senator Manager of Delta South was a Commissioner in the administratin of Ibori. Senator Omo Agege was SSG in the administration of Ibori. Most of the Delta State House of Assembly members today as well as those of the House of Reps are political offsprings of Ibori. Even in incarceration, Ibori played a key role in the emergence of Governor Okowa who was a commissioner in the administration of Ibori. Immediately after his victory in 2015, Okowa went to London to thank Ibori. And in case you do not know, the present South South Vice Chairman of PDP, Emmanuel Ogidi, is of the political lineage of Ibori. The prison walls have not diminished Ibori' influence and reach. Summary: the Odidigboigbo of Delta politics is James Ibori

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by ozalogbo: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Photos speak
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2016
ozalogbo:
This is no such nomenclature as the Jagaban of Delta politics. What we have is the Odidigboigbo of Delta politics. And that is James Ibori. Senator Nwaoboshi of Delta North was a commissioner in Ibori's government. Senator Manager of Delta South was a Commissioner in the administratin of Ibori. Senator Omo Agege was SSG in the administration of Ibori. Most of the Delta State House of Assembly members today as well as those of the House of Reps are political offsprings of Ibori. Even in incarceration, Ibori played a key role in the emergence of Governor Okowa who was a commissioner in the administration of Ibori. Immediately after his victory in 2015, Okowa went to London to thank Ibori. And in case you do not know, the present South South Vice Chairman of PDP, Emmanuel Ogidi, is of the political lineage of Ibori. The prison walls have not diminished Ibori' influence and reach. Summary: the Odidigboigbo of Delta politics is James Ibori
Odidigborigbo!!!
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2016
ibotjaycob:

You can't give that name to anyone else. There is only one!

JAGABAN cannot be one person's name like u claim. It is a Hausa term used to refer to someone as always being in the front (as leader) or frontliner. Last year 2Face was turbaned d JAGABAN of Nigerian music in Kaduna. So, like wise in politics, we have regions & states across Nigeria, eachone with hers.
So i'm not tryin to call any one JAGABAN in Delta State, it's not our language but, i only wanted us to discuss who we think has d strongest political influence in the state.

"But bross wait first, whc one u dey claim de name sef?" abi na ur family name?

Lolz......
i dn't mean to insult u, i knw u're refering to Baba T. as JAGABAN, but dat's in SW. OneLuv Naija!!
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2016
spatiakrux:

Ochei "Olikeze 1 of Africa" d guy z strong sha, but he's takin d wrong direction, gradually loosin his fame to d likes of Rt. Hon. Osanebi Friday.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by koxyz: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2016
I pity una,a convit is una Jagaban.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2016
koxyz:
I pity una,a convit is una Jagaban.

Brossss, persin mess smell, nor mean sey him belle na motuary, all dz politicians wey u dey see so, most of dem don still go jail. Na d one u hear, u knw.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2016
There's no jagaban in delta jor, ibori aint controlling shit, tompolo only has influence in gbaramatu, northern delta has some ibo strong men, but there's nobody doing shit in delta, nobody get level pass.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 11:22am On Jul 02, 2016
MrTruth4real:
There's no jagaban in delta jor, ibori aint controlling shit, tompolo only has influence in gbaramatu, northern delta has some ibo strong men, but there's nobody doing shit in delta, nobody get level pass.

all men are equal kind of thing right?
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
OrisehNathan:

JAGABAN cannot be one person's name like u claim. It is a Hausa term used to refer to someone as always being in the front (as leader) or frontliner. Last year 2Face was turbaned d JAGABAN of Nigerian music in Kaduna. So, like wise in politics, we have regions & states across Nigeria, eachone with hers.
So i'm not tryin to call any one JAGABAN in Delta State, it's not our language but, i only wanted us to discuss who we think has d strongest political influence in the state.

Lolz......
i dn't mean to insult u, i knw u're refering to Baba T. as JAGABAN, but dat's in SW. OneLuv Naija!!

Hey,whatever you believe. Tufac vs Tinubu ? really?
Educate yourself over that term/name first. Get back to me when u do.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
OrisehNathan:

Lolz......

And you didn't have to lie about the Tuface news being turbaned. Thats so petty, it's people like you who lie just to prove a point. No honour in that.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by ndcide(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
Of what use is all these. We don't need monstrous people in delta state. They could be problematic... Everyone praising people like that do so with a lot of ethnic sentiments. Besides things like this, is what will make corruption fight a problem.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
OrisehNathan:

all men are equal kind of thing right?
Ya, every tribe get their strong men.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by donstevoz(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
sunnydayasaba:

Sen Osakwe cant be compared with Nwaoboshi, even Okowa d state Gov, Dnt forget Nwaoboshi was PDP chairman delta state for 2 complete term before he became a senator. He's got d contacts than all mentioned there. He was also part of those that influence Okowa election. Dnt forget he also won d Pdp primary election against Hammoud Ali's wife. He's very powerful even till now. He has influence d appointment of several commissioners and principal officers in okowa govt.
This shows that you do not understand Delta state politics. If politics is about structure, the most powerful person in delta politics now is Dr Okowa. That person mentioning sen Nwaoboshi doesn't know that he's the weakest among all the people he mentioned. Even the election that brought him in as a senator was won by engr victor ochei. Okowa helped him to rig that election while still pursuing his own victory. Okowa fought against uduaghan and defeated his candidate in the primaries. He fought against Ibori in 2007 primaries and defeated his candidate (uduaghan) only for the election to be declared inconclusive and was manipulated at a later date. He's a proven winner when it comes to politics

1 Like

Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by Agimor(m): 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Even in the prison he is still influential.Odirigborigbo of Africa.
Re: Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? by OrisehNathan(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

And you didn't have to lie about the Tuface news being turbaned. Thats so petty, it's people like you who lie just to prove a point. No honour in that.

it's ok,
we need not argue over dis, u can hold on to wht u bliv, pls dis is abt Delta State, if u dn't hv anytin to say, pls gbaga.

people like u wey never leave dia regions once, dey always had to interact with.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting / "Enough Is Enough!": Igbere TV Boss Writes Buhari Over Order To Crush BSS (pics) / Ojukwu's Son Was Threatened By DSS To Go Public In Support Of The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.