Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting (2677 Views)

Osinbajo Postpones National Economic Council Meeting As APC NEC Holds Thursday / "How Is Your Lagoon?" Buhari Jokes With Ambode At Security Council Meeting / President Buhari Looking Good At Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by lightblazingnow(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
IPOB dominates National Security Council meeting
dailytimes.ng

The Chief of Defence Staff, Maj. Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, has said that the secret service of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) was among the issues discussed at the meeting which President Muhammadu Buhari had with members of the national security council. The meeting lasted three hours.

Maj. Gen. Olonisakin said the service chiefs updated President Buhari on security related developments during his medical vacation in the United Kingdom. He also said that the Boko Haram crisis, clashes between farmers and herdsmen and kidnapping that were touched during the meeting.

“We have been meeting with Mr President for the last three hours. We updated him on all security issues around the country, within the country and outside the country, where our troops are,” he said.

“Of course, we have just updated him because he is aware of what’s been happening. He has been receiving regular briefings from the acting president and he has also been going through the print media and electronic media to follow the happenings in the country.

“After the meeting, he has directed on some areas we should look at so as to enhance our operations in the country.”

When asked what President Buhari said about IPOB secret service, Maj. Gen. Olonisakin said, “The issues of security, every security threat, all security threats were treated one after the other ranging from terrorism to kidnapping, herdsmen/farmers clash, to the IPOB issue. The president directed security agencies to ensure that the unity of the country is preserved.

“In his address to the nation, he talked about the unity of the nation which is non-negotiable. We have all been fully instructed to ensure that that directive is carried out to the letter.”

“We are going to enhance our operations in all the areas we need to do that. Like I said, he has given the necessary directives which will be carried out by the military and the security agencies.”

Explaining its “secret service”, IPOB said that the group was not set up as a standing army, but as a vigilante group to monitor and ensure the safety of its people returning from the north over the October 1 quit notice served on Igbo people in the north by a coalition of Arewa youth.

https://dailytimes.ng/nigeria/ipob-dominates-national-security-council-meeting/amp/
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by DonBenny77(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
OK!
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by greatermax77(m): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ipob is realy giveing this government sleepless night ooo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Agumbaa: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
IPOB hammering Buhari's dullardd head.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
Meehn, I think the only thing that brought this man back is IPOB issues.
It looks like the unity of this country is nore inportant than the lives of its citizens, the country has been on auto-pilot since he left, yet the paramount thing to him is the unity, well my dear president, if you address the issue of hunger, poverty, erratic power supply and other social amenities, every other thing will fall in place
I belive that if you put food on the table of so many Nigerians and address the social injustice in the country, we will all unite.

15 Likes

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by IloveMoney: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
My leader, We are solidly behind you. God continue to bless you.

Keep giving them sleepless nights till they gather sense.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
Am not sure this ppl know what it means to rest
Nnamdi KANU is somewhere eating his Ofe Nsala and Semo
and these ones are starving trying to fight who is Greater than them,A man of the people and the peoples Choice

But one thing is sure Freedom might Tarry but as far as their is a light in the end of Every Tunnel,So shall Freedom Prevail

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by freshest4live: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
I listened to the interview on Channels, it wasn't majorly about lPOB, they also discussed strategies on how to tackle BokoHaram. They were more specific on the BokoHaram menace.
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Aufbauh(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Buhari no dey look Uche face ooo.

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by DonaldJTrump: 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2017
buhari is a Nazi.

buhari and osibanjo will.......
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2017
U mean u guys talked about the Biafrans Shitty Service?

Those undertakers that will undertake the burial of their Pharaoh?

Buhari fall my hand..

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
freshest4live:
I listened to the interview on Channels, it wasn't majorly about lPOB, they also discussed strategies on how to tackle BokoHaram. They were more specific on the BokoHaram menace.
they need something to masturbate on na
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by maclatunji: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
freshest4live:

They chose the headline that will drive traffic. IPOB supporters will dash to click and share.
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by ofai: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
maclatunji:

They chose the headline that will drive traffic. IPOB supporters will dash to click and share.

But you were among the first to comment on the thread. Don't piss on your pants yet.
IPOB will beat your nizooria back to it's human senses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by mikeycharles(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
Buhari should make sure that every single one of them are arrested and convicted, they are nothing but terrorists in the making
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Pavarottii(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Aufbauh:
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Buhari no dey look Uche face ooo.
U r now quoting GEJ. His he no longer ur enemy?
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by lightblazingnow(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Alright
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Aufbauh(m): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Pavarottii:

U r now quoting GEJ. His he no longer ur enemy?

Only reminding you guys the opinion of your Hero for whose electoral loss is the reason for your agitation.
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by maclatunji: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
ofai:

But you were among the first to comment on the thread. Don't piss on your pants yet.
IPOB will beat your nizooria back to it's human senses.

Do you know how many threads I open in a day and why I open them?

Let me give you a few hints:

Nnamdi Kanu is almost certainly going back to prison.

You will only whine about it.

Pray tell, how or why should I be worried?

I will tell you what I am worried about though- hundreds to thousands of Igbo youths dying for no good reason other than empty pride and a lack of political know-how and sophistication.
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by ofai: 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
maclatunji:

I will tell you what I am worried about though- hundreds to thousands of Igbo youths dying for no good reason other than empty pride and a lack of political know-how and sophistication.

And how is that your problem Mr afonja skull miner?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by maclatunji: 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
ofai:

And how is that your problem Mr afonja skull miner?

Oh, needless deaths is every sane person's problem my obstinate obscene debater.

You see how useless you are becoming? You cannot even function rationally, just repeating the same things over and over again thinking likes from fellow mindless posters like yourself will validate your irrationality.

How unfortunate.
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by ofai: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
maclatunji:

Oh, needless deaths is every sane person's problem my obstinate obscene debater.

You see how useless you are becoming? You cannot even function rationally, just repeating the same things over and over again thinking likes from fellow mindless posters like yourself will validate your irrationality.

How unfortunate.

A coward drinking another man's paracetamol. Cheap talk from your rabble rousing. If I had known this would be your response, I wouldn't bother reading it.

Educated illiterate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Cool23(m): 1:12am On Aug 23, 2017
Aufbauh:

Only reminding you guys the opinion of your Hero for whose electoral loss is the reason for your agitation.
guy that is the simple truth it is obvious that no igbo, can ever become president again so they are now agitating for their own country when they can't even govern themselves
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by konfused: 1:57am On Aug 23, 2017
maclatunji:

How unfortunate.

Ezigbo mmadu.......

@topic, there was no single igbo man among the service chiefs that held briefs with Buhari today, and they wonder why we act this way.......

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by lightblazingnow(m): 6:49am On Aug 23, 2017
Alright let me know please
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by attackgat: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2017
maclatunji:

Nnamdi Kanu going to jail will not add or remove anything from your life, so why are you worried about him?

You should be more worried about your Nigeria that is heading nowhere but for the rocks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by Pavarottii(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2017
Aufbauh:

Who asked for a reminder?
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by maclatunji: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2017
konfused:

Ezigbo mmadu.......

@topic, there was no single igbo man among the service chiefs that held briefs with Buhari today, and they wonder why we act this way.......

I thought you would say there's no Igbo man in government. Act normal when you don't get a position and nobody will have issues with giving it to you later. However, when you blow not being a position out of proportion, you probably have ulterior motives that should not be welcome.
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by DocHMD: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2017
maclatunji:
[s]

[/s]

Pro-Danfodio yoruba muslim bearded 'lover of the East', we thank you for your 'concerns'. grin

ColonelDrake my yoruba christian brother what do you think? grin
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by DocHMD: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2017
maclatunji:

I thought you would say there's no Igbo man in government. Act normal when you don't get a position and nobody will have issues with giving it to you later. However, when you blow not being a position out of proportion, you probably have ulterior motives that should not be welcome.

How 'normal' did you act when MKO was stopped by abokkis from ruling the zoo? grin
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by DocHMD: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2017
maclatunji:
[s]

[/s]

Pro-Danfodio yoruba muslim bearded 'lover of the East', we thank you for your 'concerns'. Ezigbo mmadu, dalu oo but face your afonja region and ask for more Emirates therein. grin

ColonelDrake my yoruba christian brother what do you think? grin
Re: IPOB Dominates National Security Council Meeting by maclatunji: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2017
DocHMD:

How 'normal' did you act when MKO was stopped by abokkis from ruling the zoo? grin

If it is something that disturbs you create a thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? / Atiku Is Not Performing Well In The North / APC E- Warriors No Where To Be Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.