Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! (9824 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon’s Tribute To Oba Of Benin / Soldiers Have Blocked Off Access To Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. / Ribadu's Visit To Gani Fawehinmi- Photo Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2009
Hon Patrick Obahiagbon says:
September 6, 2009 at 2:21 am

No No No.Let somebody tell me this is a huge joke.Am in tears.The grand initiation of Chief Gani Fawehinmi has since brought me emotional laceration and thrown me into a state of utter catalepsy.This was a man who inured himself in the aqua of self abnegation and immolation just to give justice to the down-trodden.Can there be another GANI in Nigerias legal firmament?I dare say i have my doubts.Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable,puritanically committed,inscrutably remonstrative,ideologically transcendental,quixotically cosmopolitan and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks which he intrepidly deployed in his cascading fulminations against our philistine military and political class.His transition is not just the fall of an Iroko but indeed the grand initiation of an iconic legal salamander.We only hope that we didactically learn herefrom that its not so much our sybaritic life styles that matters more than the quality of service we render whilst we sojourn on this earth plane.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by IGWEUSA(m): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2009
LWKMD
I saw the piece in vanguard news. . . . . the man is really made of excess verbosity.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by zmurda(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2009
This guy is a joke on the Naija polity; some please tell him we ain't interested in such big big gramma.

I think he needs psychiatrist help!

Gani was the poor man's sword!
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Jakumo(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2009
Hon. Obahiagbon recognizes the healing powers of humor, even at a time of mourning.   If the words quoted here were in fact uttered by The Grammar Man himself, then he at least conformed with most of the laws of the English Language this time, and in doing so conjured up once more for old time memory's sake, the trademark spoken and written cadences for which Gani himself was renowned.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by bindex(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2009
Is this congress man deluding himself or does he think he is deluding others?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by otokx(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2009
Am seeing one word "quixotically" for the first time in my life and am over 30 years of age. The word quixotically means caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; idealistic without regard to practicality.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Beaf: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2009
z-murda:

This guy is a joke on the Naija polity; some please tell him we ain't interested in such big big gramma.

I think he needs psychiatrist help!

Gani was the poor man's sword!

He is not a joke. I have it from strong sources that in his time, no one could move Uniben to riot better than him.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by MrCrackles(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
Oh the rambling and vocab dictionary headed law maker is at it again shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by illusion2: 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2009
otokx:

Am seeing one word "quixotically" for the first time in my life and am over 30 years of age. The word quixotically means caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuit of unreachable goals; idealistic without regard to practicality.
fair enough, the word 'Quixote' has its origins in the main character (Don Quixote) in the novel written by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes ::The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote of La Mancha published  between 1606 -1615  (Spanish: El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha) .

wink
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by IFELEKE(m): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

No No No.Let somebody tell me this is a huge joke.Am in tears.The grand initiation of Chief Gani Fawehinmi has since brought me emotional laceration and thrown me into a state of utter catalepsy.This was a man who inured himself in the aqua of self abnegation and immolation just to give justice to the down-trodden.Can there be another GANI in Nigerias legal firmament?I dare say i have my doubts.Chief Gani Fawehinmi was simply inimitable,puritanically committed,inscrutably remonstrative,ideologically transcendental,quixotically cosmopolitan and a ready conveyor-belt of legal tomahawks which he intrepidly deployed in his cascading fulminations against our philistine military and political class.His transition is not just the fall of an Iroko but indeed the grand initiation of an iconic legal salamander.We only hope that we didactically learn herefrom that its not so much our sybaritic life styles that matters more than the quality of service we render whilst we sojourn on this earth plane.

Is this one mourning or showing off?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by ono(m): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2009
Wow!
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by largie(f): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
Now, I do not get what Mr. Obahiagbon is trying to pass across.Most dictionaries have new vocab or simple english.Can someone please interprete.Thanx
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by redsun(m): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2009
He is a crazy lawmaker,how he got there is nigerian magic.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by bawomolo(m): 11:10pm On Sep 06, 2009
huh?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by kosovo(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ IFELEKE
if he was, he would have long stoped. grin
he has been into grama for the past 10 yrs. he is more funny than basket mouth, the only problem i have with him, is that he has never passed any message in his entire adult life. grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2009
Lol.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by 9ijaprince(m): 12:27am On Sep 07, 2009
Language is all about communication, i dont think this man did that.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Jarus(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2009
IFELEKE:

He might have started as a show-off years ago, but it's now part of him. His colleagues in the university attested to it.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by MT: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2009

@patrick obiahon
, our philistine military

grin grin grin grin Hilarious quote from a comical being
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by GEW: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
the poor boy is trying to copy his dad. his dad speaks better english than this though. dont know if NTA benin will still have archive of his dads debates and programmes.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2009
kosovo:

@ IFELEKE if he was, he would have long stoped. grin
he has been into grama for the past 10 yrs. he is more funny than basket mouth, the only problem i have with him, is that he has never passed any message in his entire adult life. grin

LWKMD
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by jamace(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
He might have started as a show-off years ago, but it's now part of him. His colleagues in the university attested to it.
I guess so too. cheesy
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by FindOut(m): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2009
grin grin ;DIwish I had a collection of his speeches or better still,a DVD of him deliverin those speeches.At least,I'll put them to use by readin or viewin if I'm unhappy.I'm sure it'll restore my mood WITH ALACRITY
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 09, 2009
9ijaprince:

Language is all about communication, i dont think this man did that.

I think he communicated, we are just not educated enough to understand.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by chic2pimp(m): 3:49am On Sep 09, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

E wooooo chineke *shakes his head in embarassment* Wetin be dis? Is that una peeps dey learn for naija skools now. Han han which kain english be dis ooooo. Shey him think say he dey speak queen english. Kai wetin person no go see for naija sha. See Big Big grammar. Where was he educated? Shey na Eton college & Oxford university?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by danderson(f): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
Folks,

Please compare this lawmaker with Pastor Chris Okotie; his majestic verbotism grin grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by daberechim: 12:07am On Jan 20, 2011
i ask for proper documentation of his speeches. we miss him.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin

Legal salamander ko, legal komodo dragon ni.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon's Tribute To Gani! by PEPSI: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2011
Hon Patrick Obahiagbon
On losiing his primary election,
Hon Patrick Obahiagbon:
"This has made me suffused with emotional narcolepsy that The homo sapiens in the metro-political geographical enclave of Edo have opted for Owanbe-ing over legislative Quomodo dicis. Such a reckless display of narcissistic and flamboyant hedonism is capable of encumbering our nascent democracy with insidious, repercussive and cataclysmic exigencies."

(1) (Reply)

El Rufai Call For 400% Hike In Electricty Tariff / PDP Sokoto Accuse Tambuwal Of Betrayal, Anti-party Activities / Kano Government Donates 29 Vehicles To Security Team (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.