Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,066 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Whatsapp To End Old Platform - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To End Old Platform (3069 Views)

Whatsapp To Get Youtube Video Support Directly Within App / Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One / Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To End Old Platform by kestino(m): 3:01am On Jul 01, 2016
i just git this message from Whatsapp

Earlier this week WhatsApp turned seven years old. It has been an amazing journey and in the coming months we're putting an even greater emphasis on security features and more ways to stay in touch with the people that you care about. But anniversary dates are also an opportunity to look back.

When we started WhatsApp in 2009,
people's use of mobile devices looked very different from today.

The Apple App Store was only a few months old. About 70 percent of smartphones sold at the time had operating systems offered by BlackBerry and Nokia. Mobile operating systems offered by Google, Apple and Microsoft – which account for 99.5 percent of sales today – were on less than 25 percent of mobile devices sold at the time. As we look ahead to our next seven years, we want to focus our efforts on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use.

So, by the end of 2016, we will be ending support for WhatsApp Messenger on the following mobile platforms:
― BlackBerry, including BlackBerry 10
― Nokia S40
― Nokia Symbian S60
― Android 2.1 and Android 2.2
― Windows Phone 7.1
― iPhone 3GS/iOS 6
While these mobile devices have been an important part of our story, they don't offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future.

This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp.

If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp.

https://blog.whatsapp.com/10000617/WhatsApp-support-for-mobile-devices

Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by druxy(m): 3:30am On Jul 01, 2016
dey don try
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by kestino(m): 3:43am On Jul 01, 2016
na true sha, but this upgrade go affect many people o, kaiiii
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 01, 2016
Ok

listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by Aremu01(m): 5:34am On Jul 01, 2016
kestino:
You got it... Many ll be affected
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by sinaj(f): 5:42am On Jul 01, 2016
I got d msg yestide too.

Mitcheeeeew! I hpe BlackBerry does something fast
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by Youngpo413: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2016
kestino:
many people? I doubt it, those phones mentioned are outdated and no one is using it anymore, so it's good riddance.
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by Youngpo413: 6:14am On Jul 01, 2016
sinaj:
I got d msg yestide too.

Mitcheeeeew! I hpe BlackBerry does something fast
Blackberry is dead, just let it rest in peace.
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by haxorDelite(m): 6:15am On Jul 01, 2016
OK oo whatsapp we don hear
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by Hotdiamond(m): 6:50am On Jul 01, 2016
Why end support for BlackBerry 10. It's a relatively new operating system.
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by kestino(m): 6:54am On Jul 01, 2016
Hotdiamond:
Why end support for BlackBerry 10. It's a relatively new operating system.
this was one even got me thinking badly, its new, why will they do sumtin like that
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by gift01: 6:55am On Jul 01, 2016
gift01:
The only thing I need from Whatsapp for now is a darker mode for night view. Don't appreciate the white background
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by seunlayi(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by kestino(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2016
seunlayi:
Nice
wetin come dey nice abt this their new change, na they want the common man wey dey manage whatsapp to reach his family to go buy big fone.
Re: Whatsapp To End Old Platform by youngsahito(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2016
this na bad news...let another company release a better social network like WhatsApp cos some people will definitely lose contact

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Another(burner) Phone Number Without Buying A SIM Card / Help! My Spectranet Wifi Not Browsing / Infinix Note 4 Vs Infinix S2 Pro (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.