Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery (12997 Views)

Oil Mogul, Tunde Folawiyo’s Firm & Ascon Oil In $270m Forex Scam / CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items / CBN Suspends Deputy Governor Over $50m Forex Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by lamzybaby: 6:01am On Jul 01, 2016
THERE are indications that heads may roll soon in the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, over the directive to International Oil Companies, IOCs, to sell forex to only six importers of petroleum products from the IOCs’ forex pool put together by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, The Whistler has exclusively gathered.

In a letter signed statement by the SA/Head, Financial Markets Department of the CBN, E.U. Ukeje, to the IOCs obtained by Nigerian Pilot, he directed the IOCs to

“note that you are only permitted to sell your FX to the designated PMS importers by the NNPC or to the CBN at the ruling exchange interbank rate.”

Investigation by Nigerian Pilot reveals that the ‘designated importers’ FX should be sold as directed by the CBN are Conoil Plc, Mobil Plc, MRS Oil Nig, Oando Plc, Northwest Petroleum, and Total Nig Plc.

More: http://nigerianpilot.com/forex-scam-nnpc-cbn-sabotage-economic-recovery/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by sdindan: 6:12am On Jul 01, 2016
They are tired of blaming Jonathan
CBN and NNPC oya take over.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by 9jii(m): 6:23am On Jul 01, 2016
I don't think the people entrusted with this FX matter will not miss the opportunity to enrich themselves at the expense of the masses. Just like 99% of Nigerians.

16 Likes

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by labamo07(m): 6:27am On Jul 01, 2016
Theese 2 institutions; Cbn and nnpc are doing the nation a great wreckage it won't survive if care is not taken. I wonder how enormously rich the abokis in those institutions will be....................

6 Likes

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Dandsome: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2016
Please no body should complain.

We're eliminating corruption. So says some people

23 Likes

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by brunofarad(m): 7:39am On Jul 01, 2016
That moment when you want to go to the bush and urinate

And

You ended up matching on some DUNG while coming out...

That explains this corruption fight grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Nelkoko: 7:40am On Jul 01, 2016
hmm

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by kikio1992(m): 7:40am On Jul 01, 2016
Dandsome:
Please no body should complain.
We're eliminating corruption. So says some people

Yes in the voice of sugar coated brain folks.

"Sai Buhari"

Be nice and kindly check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Project400: 7:40am On Jul 01, 2016
More interesting revelations in the new era

Anyway, research (project) students and individuals should check signature
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by segzicres(m): 7:40am On Jul 01, 2016
How true is this story? evidence?
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2016
Seems like we're taking 5 steps forward, and 10 steps backward. All I see is a window for corruption

4 Likes

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by hazyfm: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2016
REVEALING....

More investigations should be carried out, there is more to this
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by JingoOAU(m): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2016
Flush out the saboteurs and pin them to the cross and fire them

They must be sniffed out of existence, that way, we'll live to enjoy the honey deposited in this country

Over to EFCC

1 Like

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Sexytemi(f): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2016
Make heads roll if e go roll, we are tired of been taking for a ride in this country, everywhere scam, in all the ministries....

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by tuoyoojo(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2016
it's now time to blame CBN n NNPC

oya sergeant, gian one!
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by bolt000(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2016
Chei.. "owo ti wogbo"
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:42am On Jul 01, 2016
Ahn ahn. Na wa oooooo

I predict a long lasting fuel scarcity as a result of this.

Those unionist oil marketers will always stand together. Especially at the detriment of the masses.
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by onupeter(m): 7:43am On Jul 01, 2016
Tell me something

1 Like

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by NavierStokes(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Government through her agencies frustrating business. This government interference isn't just good at all for business. That's the challenge the IOCs face in Nigeria being about the most over-regulated business environment in the world.
You collect crude from these companies for sale, without remitting cash calls forcing them to make do with little returns and a struggle to stay afloat, now you direct them on whom they will sell their little forex to, what has NNPC and CBN done with all the 60% returns they get from most of the JVs.
As we speak some IOCs are dipping into their reserves to pay staff salaries while others are owing their contract staff and contractors.
Talk about running a system to the ground, these people are hell bent on doing so meanwhile there are countries out there looking for these investors.

1 Like

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Tycike: 7:44am On Jul 01, 2016
I didn't get it, can someone explain.
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by LAUWALI222(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Please wait...... figting corruption inprogress
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by timilehing(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2016
Naija my country
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by sammyj: 7:48am On Jul 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2016
brunofarad:
That moment when you want to go to the bush and urinate

And

You ended up matching on some DUNG while coming out...

That explains this corruption fight grin

grin grin

U are a wise man.
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by playboy19(m): 7:51am On Jul 01, 2016
labamo07:
Theese 2 institutions; Cbn and nnpc are doing the nation a great wreckage it won't survive if care is not taken. I wonder how enormously rich the abokis in those institutions will be....................

Bro don't mind all these jobless-goodfornothing-unproductive-graduates cum bloggers, they know nothing about the country. Always misinforming people.

If you noticed that there's a slight scarcity of kerosene supply this days, it's cos of the forex regime which has hindered the importation of the products by authorized companies. Meanwhile these six oil companies are the sole importers of DPK (kerosene). They import the product into the country on behalf of the NNPC. And the importation process is so well structured after the subsidy saga that they can't defraud NNPC, cos NNPC help them source for the forex (like in this case) and also point them to where to buy. These oil companies can only import from either Glencore, Trafigura or Vittol SA. Any importation from somewhere else will not be accept by the NNPC. So this is just the NNPC playing its own part of the deal, helping the six companies to source for forex in order to curb kerosene scarcity. Why this blogger is crying, I don't know. All these jobless people called bloggers are causing more havoc than necessary. Always misinforming people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by DanielPop(m): 7:53am On Jul 01, 2016
I will explain. They said that CBN and NNPC has travelled to Forex, that country Buhari's wife visited some time ago! cool
Tycike:
I didn't get it, can someone explain.

1 Like

Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Almajiri1: 7:55am On Jul 01, 2016
Aisha buhari the largest bureaux de change in Nigeria ought to be on that list with the big boys.
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Ogurube: 8:03am On Jul 01, 2016
The CBN and NNPC are such a cabal, only there to serve the interests of the 10 billionaires, while 10 million beggers wallow in abject poverty. How dare they target monetary policies and profits to only benefit a few businesses, while the other businesses grovel for support. In the words of Soyinka, "...the over centralisation of government has resulted in resentment among constituent states (businesses, people), adding that the phenomenon was insulting and promoting anti-healthy rivalry among states (businesses, people)."
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by chyket(m): 8:04am On Jul 01, 2016
This would have made sense when PPRA was still giving allocations to companies to import petroleum products as this would have helped them keep the landing cost low,but in this current situation where anybody can import petroleum products,I think this is corruption.
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by Begin(m): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2016
As it is now is just as eve am living in an island cos I no longer understand anything happening or going on in this country abi government will I say. Wat u hear today dat is d way forward, come tomoro u will hear some tin in d procedure are not legit
Re: Forex Scam: How NNPC, CBN Sabotage Economic Recovery by sanusidabo: 8:09am On Jul 01, 2016
Recent devaluation of Naira against dollar by CBN won't work in a consumer economy. CBN should quickly act fast to ban Bureau De Change so that unnecessary demand can be avoided and every one to back farm. We can't continue to destroy our country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Raises MPR To 13% From 11.5% / Crude Oil Above $60 First Time Since 2015 / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.