Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! (1295 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism / 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by nkemie: 6:29am On Jul 01, 2016
Chimamanda Adichie is a mother and this had remained one of the best kept secrets until she broke the news in an interview with the Financial Times. Even the interviewer was taken aback with the unexpected announcement.

An excerpt from the article reads…

”She turns to the waiter, flashing him a smile. There’s something mischievous and challenging about the way she interacts. “Yes, Mr Chima,” she says, reading his name from a lapel badge. “Do you have Chapman?” The waiter nods enthusiastically, and Adichie explains that Chapman is a non-alcoholic cocktail popular in Nigeria. I ask if they have white wine. “Yes. We have Drostdy-Hof,” beams the waiter, leaving me none the wiser.

While he’s fetching the drinks, I ask her whether it’s appropriate to write about what she’s wearing. Readers have objected that men’s clothes are rarely described. “A lot of these things are about the how, right? I was raised by my mother to care about my appearance, so I have no trouble with it.” She pauses. “Like, I’m wearing red shoes, and you need to notice,” she announces. I check under the table and am confronted by Wizard of Oz dazzle.

Our drinks appear. Drostdy-Hof turns out to be a mouth-puckering South African chardonnay. The colour of her Chapman matches her shoes. “This is just very sugary, very sweet. I would probably have a glass of wine, but I’m breastfeeding, I’m happy to announce.”

Congratulations Chimamanda Adichie!

http://lagosconvo.com/motherhood/chimamanda-adichie-mother-heres-broke-good-news/

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 01, 2016
I love this girl..... My ROLE MODEL..smiley

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by thorpido(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2016
Congrats to her,my birthday mate.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by IRserveMyComent(f): 6:59am On Jul 01, 2016
Congratulation ma'am.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2016
Being the Nnewi girl she adamantly holds claim to its now time for her to get fat. I trust Nigerian women.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2016
charix:
Being the Nnewi girl she adamantly holds claim to its now time for her to get fat. I trust Nigerian women.
She won't get fat; watch out.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by njiasi30(f): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2016
Congrats, dats every woman's dream. Enjoy ur motherhood cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by oluwabishop: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
charix:

Chimamanda is not from Nnewi, where did you get that from?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
oluwabishop:

Chimamanda is not from Nnewi, where did you get that from?
Show me one writeup of hers which doesn't include her Nnewi heritage. Stop acting like a nairalander and use google for once.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by Swissheart(f): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
That's cool.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Is A Mother! by oluwabishop: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
charix:

Show me one writeup of hers which doesn't include her Nnewi heritage. Stop acting like a nairalander and use google for once.

And I thought you would have used your Google before asking me to do same. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was born and raised in Nsukka but her family is from Abba town in Njikoka LGA which is in Anambra central. Nnewi is in Anambra South. These details are available for free on her bio, on the back cover of her books and on your dear Google {if you would care to search properly}.

So much about me behaving like a 'Nairalander'

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

8 Things Nigerian Parents Would Beat Their Children For / Omg!! See Where This Children Are Taking Their Bath (see Photo) / How Do People Get RICH?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.