Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,893 members, 7,956,362 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Nigerian Spirit Still Exists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Spirit Still Exists (635 Views)

The National Pledge As A Song: A Celebration Of The Nigerian Spirit (Video) / No terrorist Act Can Destroy The Nigerian Spirit — Jonathan / Ojukwu And The True Nigerian Spirit - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Spirit Still Exists by ideas78: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2009
[b]Nairalanders,

Permit me to truly say that the Nigerian spirits still does exist in our lives and in some of the things we do.

In Abuja today, i saw a large cream better put an enormous crowd of Nigerians trooping out in green colours to cheer up the super eagles playing against tunis team in the national stadium.

The issue here is football which is either to be won or lost but my question is cant us Nigerians replicate the same commitment to other burning national issues like strikes, communal clashes, religious riots and militancy?

So many people i saw around the national stadium wore jerseys depicting nigerian colours or something similar because you cannot deferentiate between Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba, boko Haram, militant or Kanuri man with all these colours.

Let me ask someone, why is it that our non-football national issues have really been taken over by so much apathy? why dont we seem to care about all of these ?

Can we have this large crowd in place to pull down bad governance, to stand still for credible elections amongst other issues i guess all of us truly deserve an answer[/b]
Re: Nigerian Spirit Still Exists by ikeyman00(m): 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
ask all the morons and the seperatist crew

im sure the have the answer

isi ewus!!!!
Re: Nigerian Spirit Still Exists by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2009
Nigerian spirit ke. Na 4 only football my guy. Even d english folks display the same attitude. So wetin be nigerian spirit 4 inside

(1) (Reply)

Exam 101 / Books On Nigerian History / Africans: Get To Europe Or Die Trying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.