Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) (20383 Views)

Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo / Pastor Contracted Me To Get A Virgin For Ritual Purposes —suspect (photo) / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by dre11(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2016
Samson Folarin

A fresh graduate of the Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Justina Anochie, has been abducted.

PUNCH Metro gathered on Thursday that the 27-year-old was abducted through the collusion of some of her friends, who wanted to make money from her family.

Our correspondent learnt that the Ogun State Police Command had already arrested a female undergraduate of a university in Lagos, who was assisting with investigations.

Anochie, who completed her nursing course in May, graduated from Babcock University in June 2016.

She was said to have returned to her off-campus residence at Ilishan, where she was abducted on Sunday around 9pm.

The case was reported at the Ikenne Police Division and was later transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Our correspondent was told that the kidnappers, who had contacted the family, demanded the payment of N10m as ransom.

The money was later reduced to N5m after negotiations.

The victim’s sister, Mrs. Judith Nze, told our correspondent that efforts to persuade the suspects to take N300,000 had been futile.

She added that the kidnappers were threatening to kill her (Justina) if the family did not withdraw the case from the police.

She said, “She has finished her programme in the school and was just waiting for some clearance. I learnt that the place she stays is isolated.

“She was taken on Sunday and since then we have all lost our peace. I have stopped going to the office because I can’t concentrate.

“Initially, we thought it was a joke until the kidnappers contacted us and demanded N10m as ransom. They later reduced it to N5m.

“They have refused the N300,000 we offered them, insisting that they would kill her if we don’t pay the money.

“They also said we must withdraw the case from the police as a condition for her release.

“My mother spoke with her this morning (Thursday) and she did not sound good. We are afraid they might harm her.

“We are just appealing to them to release her.”
A police source, however, said investigations had shown that the victim was kidnapped based on information from an insider.

The source explained that a female undergraduate of a university in Lagos State had been linked with the abduction.

She said, “It was an organised crime. Based on preliminary investigations, it appeared that her friends conspired against her. It was a set-up.

“We believe the kidnappers think that her parents are wealthy and they could make money from them. A female student of a school in Lagos has already been arrested.”

The spokesperson for Babcock University, Mr. Joshua Suleiman, said the victim was no longer a student of the school.

He said, “She graduated from the school in June. She is no more our student. We got the information just like you did that she was abducted. We don’t know beyond that.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident.

He also confirmed that a suspect had been arrested in connction with the abduction.
He said, “The incident happened on Sunday.

Immediately we learnt of the abduction, we started investigations. We have already arrested a suspect and investigations are ongoing.”

http://punchng.com/friends-abduct-graduate-police-arrest-female-suspect/

1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by HungerBAD: 8:25am On Jul 01, 2016
This is a confusing story.

So,this her friend attending a University in Lagos,that was arrested would definitely know she is not from a rich home,so why organize for her abduction?

The story is not adding up to me. This is why undergraduates,especially females,should as a matter of safety stay in the Hostels on Campus in School.

It's safer,and although not too convenient. But they are in School to study,and not to look for convenience and privacy as some claim.

And as for the School acting like she graduated 10 years ago,June was just Yesterday,and if she has not finished with her clearances or done her convocation,then she is still technically your student.

The School should offer an helping hand.

Hopefully,she is found soon.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Destined2win: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2016
Hmm
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by maryjan8(f): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2016
I pray they release her soon.

2 Likes

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by ijustdey: 10:38am On Jul 01, 2016
Lord save us from friends that are always looking for our downfall

they conspire just to extort her parents ..... such an evil friends

3 Likes

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Dandsome: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2016
So sad

Too many frenemies around us.

Let them start by drilling the arrested one.

Fine girl like this. I pray the male kidnappers amongst them won't think of raping her once they find out no ransom coming soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by adonbilivit: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2016
that's why I made no body my friend and (made) everybody my friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by passionate88: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2016
Make police do fast o, that girl is too pretty to be left alone with those south was te kidnappers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Umarlulu: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2016
Na wa wo this life no be easy, may go saves us all.
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Begin(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by psychologist(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2016
Came here to check names.. ... angry
Walking out disappointed cry
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2016
evil friends every were .. GUYS let us watch the friend we keep my mum normally tell me dis.......... if u no what i mean .. like the post...just hite like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 01, 2016
caller 1- hey its me your padi na from babcock uni
Caller 2 - howfar babe
Caller 1 - i dey oooi i just they reason something of recent make we plan something together
Caller 2 - what isit?
Caller 1 -call some of your friends make them come kidnap me grin i need some cash i go share with una 50/50
Caller 2 - hmmm i no want trouble hope say your people go pay
Caller 1- ofcoz daddy just got an alert lipsrsealed

Lolz kidding
cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2016
lol evil friends every were
Berlyn:
undecidedh

2 Likes

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by ednut1(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2016
Nawa. Things dey happen.

1 Like

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Sharon6(f): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2016
Awwwh
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Anoruo(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2016
lwkmd
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by tinahrex(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2016
Birds of a plumage flock in the same direction..wicked inner circle... hope she's found unscathed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Leoswaggs(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2016
I pity person make go kidnap me...na help u dey help ma papa..afta I chop ur food 4 like 6months,na u go use ur hand put me 4 okada send me go ma papa aws..

3 Likes

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by goshen26: 11:39am On Jul 01, 2016
This MR Joshua is not a parent at all, imagine what he vomited "she is no longer our student"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by olanshile2016(m): 11:40am On Jul 01, 2016
wtf

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by olaszydaruma(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2016
embarassed embarassedMay God deliver us from fake friends. Judas generation. I pray for her safe return. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by tammie24: 11:45am On Jul 01, 2016
I'm even more comfused!
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by ClintonDal(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2016
So sad cry in majority of kidnap cases there's always an inside help. This should sound as an advice to both young guys and ladies, do not go about school posing as if your dad is Dangote. Even if he is swimming in millions is not a yardstick to come flaunt his wealth around. Be humble, I hope she's found in good health though.

3 Likes

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by SageTravels: 11:48am On Jul 01, 2016
I'm going to write a fabulous comment about this article. It will be truly great. Wait until you read it; you'll love it. I'm an excellent comment writer. People love my comments. Other commenter’s are weak and soft and stupid. Their comments are disgusting. I'm not like that-- You'll be amazed by my great comment. I'm going to make this comment board great again. I’ve written billions of comments. I’m very wealthy. I don’t know, I’ve written maybe 10 billion comments, who knows for sure? But all of my comments are winners—you will win so much from reading my comments you will get sick of all the winning and all the comments

1 Like

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

So,this her friend attending a University in Lagos,that was arrested would definitely know she is not from a rich home,so why organize for her abduction?

The story is not adding up to me. This is why undergraduates,especially females,should as a matter of safety stay in the Hostels on Campus in School.

It's safer,and although not too convenient. But they are in School to study,and not to look for convenience and privacy as some claim.

And as for the School acting like she graduated 10 years ago,June was just Yesterday,and if she has not finished with her clearances or done her convocation,then she is still technically your student.

How do you know she's not from a rich background?
Does wealth or riches show on people's appearance?
Are all rich kids in private university?
please ask these questions

1 Like

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2016
HungerBAD:

How do you know she's not from a rich background?
Does wealth or riches show on people's appearance?
Are all rich kids in private university?
Do all universities absorb their students in their hostels?
please ask these questions
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Edubrazilnwa(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2016
Mehn the way universities they take deny their wards once bad new is involved is alarming.imagine that guy saying she is no longer our student,she graduated in June lyk WTF!do they expect her to leave immediately after exams,she gat ofcourse a clearance to do.

May God protect and bring you back to your parents in good health omalicha nwa!

2 Likes

Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 01, 2016
I blame Buhari
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2016
passionate88:
Make police do fast o, that girl is too pretty to be left alone with those south was te kidnappers
Are you OK?
Re: Justina Anochie, BABCOCK Graduate Kidnapped, Police Arrest Suspect (photo) by pearl4eva: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
See this idiot,see his mouth.some idiots can just say nonsense. She graduated in june and she is no longer our student. Just pray ur own daughter is not kidnapped idiot like u.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Kills Himself In Enugu Well (Photos) / Benue Prophet Abducts 3 Girls And Impregnates Them / Man Arrested With 300 Bottles Of Codeine In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.