Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo (31103 Views)

Police Recover First Gas Gun In Nigeria In Lagos, Arrest 66 Criminals / Why I Killed My Step Mum – 25-year-old Suspect { Photo } / 'I Need Only ATM Card Code To Empty Victim’s Account’ - Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by damiloladuke: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
A man identified as Paul Achegbulu has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for running an illegal blood bank in the Bariga area of the state.

Achegbulu was arrested by a team led by Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal Tuesday after detectives got information that the suspect was draining blood from children in his one-room apartment and selling same to some clinics.

It was gathered that the police team recovered seven pints of blood from his 18, Kusa Bus Stop, Bariga residence.

According to residents, trouble started for the suspect on June 10, after he drew two pints of blood from a 17-year-old boy, Ayomide Adesanya, which made the victim to pass out.
He was said to have also drawn two pints from the same victim on June 4, and on each day, he gave the victim N2, 000.

Imohimi, who also visited Adesanya at the hospital he was admitted after he passed out, told reporters that the suspect lured underage children with the N2, 000 offer, while he confessed that he sold the blood for N7, 000.

He said:

“Adesanya became weak after donating four pints of blood. He collapsed and is currently receiving treatment at the Bariga Hospital.

“The mother told us that the daughter’s friend informed them of Adesanya’s condition after she saw him on a bike.”

But the suspect said he did not know Adesanya was underage, adding that the victim told him he was 20-year-old.

“It was when his parents came to confront me that I knew he was 17. He told me he was 20. I am a lab scientist. I was trained five years ago at Nigerian Institute of Laboratory Science Technology.

“Lab technicians from hospitals used to come and buy blood from me. I used to sell the blood through my assistant, Alfa. He’s the one who knows the hospitals he sold to. I do not know where he is at the moment.”

https://lailasnews.com/police-uncover-illegal-blood-bank-in-lagos-arrest-suspect/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Olalan(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Olalan(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Only God know how many people have gotten infections from the illegal facility which would surely not be a standard lab

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by CoolFreeday(m): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Imagine!

2 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by demulepaul: 12:40am On Jun 13, 2018
wicked heartless man . imagine Blood market shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked this naija bad. abeg make them give the boy his blood back shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

12 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:12am On Jun 13, 2018
Why are people so wicked and devilish this way?!
Human life doesn't even matter to some evil people anymore.
Only God knows the kind of needles and equipment he uses, HIV is another thing his 'customers' can contact.
Lord have mercy!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by weyreypey: 4:40am On Jun 13, 2018

Paul Achegbulu
Chai another flattop....how do we repatriate these ipob out of Lagos?

Blood miner..

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Jabioro: 4:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Haba! Look at this human mechanic...very wicked fellow..

2 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by nelszx: 6:06am On Jun 13, 2018
He should be prosecuted squarely......Peoples life should not be at the mercy of quacks. NISLT will deny training him cos that's not their purview of training. Quack institute training quacks what do you expect?
Lagos state has minimum tolerance for quacks. SLT claiming lab scientist. There are many lab scientist out there but very few are medical laboratory scientists

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by talk2archy: 7:54am On Jun 13, 2018
too bad of you
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by saasala(m): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2018
A man identified as Paul Achegbulu has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for running an illegal blood bank in the Bariga area of the state.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Bossontop(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
undecided
Illegal blood bank......u sure say no be vampires get am so??.......abeg no mind me oo i jus dey remember the underworld movie series

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
weyreypey:

Blood miner..
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM.
He could have come from any tribe in the country

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Boyooosa(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
Wow
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by thundafire: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
Naija really a brave town not a country
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by obembet(f): 7:56am On Jun 13, 2018
PearlStreet:
Paul Achegbulu.

These people have a way of turning any kind of business into a criminal enterprise.

saasala:
weyreypey:

Blood miner..
divinecode102:
Na dem again! Awon iran omo olori pelebe!

People who will sell their generations for 500 naira

I think these guys should be allowed to go and start their banana republic in the yEast!

They have given the country a bad name

I have nothing to say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2018
post=68433331:

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM.

Tell the ffllaties to stop first

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by nabegibeg: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2018
damiloladuke:

Achegbulu was arrested by a team led by Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal Tuesday after detectives got information that the suspect was draining blood from children in his one-room apartment and selling same to some clinics.

It was gathered that the police team recovered seven pints of blood from his 18, Kusa Bus Stop, Bariga residence.

According to residents, trouble started for the suspect on June 10, after he drew two pints of blood from a 17-year-old boy, Ayomide Adesanya, which made the victim to pass out.
He was said to have also drawn two pints from the same victim on June 4, and on each day, he gave the victim N2, 000.

Imohimi, who also visited Adesanya at the hospital he was admitted after he passed out, told reporters that the suspect lured underage children with the N2, 000 offer, while he confessed that he sold the blood for N7, 000.

He said:

“Adesanya became weak after donating four pints of blood. He collapsed and is currently receiving treatment at the Bariga Hospital.

“The mother told us that the daughter’s friend informed them of Adesanya’s condition after she saw him on a bike.”

But the suspect said he did not know Adesanya was underage, adding that the victim told him he was 20-year-old.

“It was when his parents came to confront me that I knew he was 17. He told me he was 20. I am a lab scientist. I was trained five years ago at Nigerian Institute of Laboratory Science Technology.

“Lab technicians from hospitals used to come and buy blood from me. I used to sell the blood through my assistant, Alfa. He’s the one who knows the hospitals he sold to. I do not know where he is at the moment.”

https://lailasnews.com/police-uncover-illegal-blood-bank-in-lagos-arrest-suspect/

A typical blackman is devil's incarnate

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by ultron12345: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2018
Johesu and medical lab scientists , come and see your person. They will soon come here and shamefully deny their member, the same way they denied their members when they had accident and we're taken to ISTH

3 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Bossontop(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Abi our blodas don start blood mining business??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by nabegibeg: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2018
damiloladuke:

He said:

We are wicked in this country

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by calculator123(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
weyreypey:
Blood miner..
Stop this rubbish..Must you tribalise everything?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
I NEED TO PATRONIZE THIS BANK
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by thorpido(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Na wa o.You took 4 pints of blood from a guy who's just a teenager!
This one na the same thing as ritualist na.

4 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by anibi9674: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
being nostalgic of those teen years when we patronise them.
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by PearlStreet(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Paul Achegbulu.

These people have a way of turning any kind of business into a criminal enterprise.

7 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by dukeprince50: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
post=68433331:

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM.
lets be frank, if this was done by a northerner, we no go hear word, they will even blame buhari for something someone else cause

5 Likes

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by Femistico(m): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2018
But why are some people so wicked and heartless like this in this country...
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo by calculator123(m): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2018
nabegibeg:

A typical blackman is devil's incarnate
Please explain what you meant by that statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnappers In Police Uniform Arrested In Front Of Folorusho Akerejola's House / Zimbabwean Man Caught Impersonating During Exam For His Girlfriend (Photos) / Boy Accused Of Stealing 36 joysticks In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.