Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria (14798 Views)

Photo Of Dino Melaye With Yvonne Nelson Got Fans Talking / Suspected Killers Of Olumide Odimayo Who Was Kidnapped In Ondo, Paraded. Photos / Kidnapped Alfred Nelson-Williams Has Been Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Reekadict04: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2016

Sierra Leone Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria Rtd. Major General Nelson Williams has been kidnapped in Nigeria.

According to Embassy sources in Nigeria, He was kidnapped sometimes yesterday.

"He left the Sierra Leone mission in Abuja and went to attend a military graduation ceremony in Kaduna. At 4am this morning, the embassy accountant received a strange phone call. It was the kidnappers. They placed Nelson-Williams on the line and after he identified himself to the accountant, the Kidnappers came back on the line and informed he was in their custody and they had kidnapped him and wanted a ransom demand of around 44 million Naira (about $150,000).", the Embassy sources said.

The kidnappers have now called the Embassy twice this morning threatening unsavory outcome if their ransom demand is not met.

According to sources, one of the calls had Nelson Williams sounding very low and frightened. The whereabouts of his driver (and those he was supposed to be with on the said trip), is presently unknown.

The exact details of how the kidnap happened is currently unknown. The Nigerian Police, Intelligence Service and Foreign Office in Nigeria are now working with the Sierra Leone Embassy in Abuja to investigate the matter. The Nigerian military has also been informed. Nelson Williams was a former Head of the Sierra Leone Armed Forces.

http://www.sierraloaded.com/sierra-leone-deputy-high-commissioner-to-nigeria-kidnapped/
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by otokx(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is becoming embarrassing, hope its not the Libyans or Liberians that will be accused of doing this?

14 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by osesology(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Serious...guys want to hammer overnight. The driver is nowhere to be found...now l smell conspiracy!

3 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by predear(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
Naija kidnappers no de carry last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by SAMBATLAN(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Op, you mean....

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by utytill(m): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
North don take over kidnapping from South.

7 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Likei(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nigeria is the most insecure country in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by NwaNimo1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
He'll be free by tomorrow - all they need to pay is 10% of the original demand.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Gozzzy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
naija, I hail thee.
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by gists: 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
which one is sierraloaded.com again
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by eyeview: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is a diplomatic embarrassment.

...But why do I feel that this kidnap is stage managed.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by DrOkoroafor(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
If i type Zoo now. They will just ban me.

I smell conspiracy from the inside though.

5 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Reekadict04: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
grin
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by OhMyG0d: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Some Nigerians showing what they know best.

Kidnappers(now ADULTnappers) and Ransom are like....

3 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by holluwai(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Maybe na mini excorting.
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by CACAWA(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ebola alert
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Naija I hail....

The government needs to look into this kidnapping trend in Nigeria. Ever since we went cashless, these vultures are now carrying us wholesale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
According to sources, one of the calls had Nelson Williams sounding very low and frightened. The whereabouts of his driver (and those he was supposed to be with on the said trip), is presently unknown.

Real Soldiers fret not at the face of death... How the hell did he reach such status? Man-know -man and not man-know-work clouds the African appointment.

Happy New month Soldier... May the blessing that comes in July rescue you unhurt from your abductors and take you back to the peace and warmth of your Country and Family
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by OhMyG0d: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef
You've not given him his favourite dish.

Here you go......

6 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by saintkel(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Till kidnappers r killed on sight or hanged dis boys will not take FG serious

1 Like

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by LMAyedun(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Buhari is so incompetent in every aspect of Governance... Boys are so broke, hungry and unemployed.
Well, what do you expect when a president promised heaven and earth before elections.

This is a diplomatic Embarrassment.

6 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by slightlyMad(f): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
they should give them the money with a gps tracker

1 Like

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by FakeNEWSevryday: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igbo jwenu!!!
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Isoni(m): 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
I blame GEJ
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by FakeNEWSevryday: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igbo kwenu!!!
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
osesology:
Serious...guys want to hammer overnight. The driver is nowhere to be found...now l smell conspiracy!
Let's just hope the driver is not dead

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by RZArecta(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
I'm waiting for some idíots to blame "Niger Delta militants" for this

1 Like

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by oodua1stson: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Funny grin
Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by Mandesz(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Oga buhari, u hear?

In buhari's mind:::
Wetin concern me. All i wnt is chanjee.
Saraki must go
Pdp must crash
Fayose in trouble.

Bubari, a big fool

1 Like

Re: Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria by lordcyl3(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:
Igbo kwenu!!!
may thunder strike you to death

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army, SSS, Police Shared Diezani’s $115m Bribe - Witness / Osun PDP Primary: Adeleke Faction Kicks As Court Nullifies Delegate Congress / Adeboye Rejects Osinbajo, Endorses Jonathan For A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.