Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,607 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route (1230 Views)

Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Lagos-calaba Railway Budget Was Just to Scam China For Loan. How True is this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by aminho(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
I just saw this on Twitter
Otouke is involved
Federal Government and China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the execution of the 11.12 billion-dollar Lagos-Calabar railway project.

The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, signed the agreement on behalf of the government, while the President of CCECC, Cao Baogang, signed for the company in Abuja on Friday.

He said that the contract was awarded during President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime in the sum of 11.92 billion dollars but was negotiated downward.

Amaechi said, “we were able to save 800 million dollars from the initial sum of the project which will be delivered in the next two years.

“This contract was awarded by the President Goodluck Jonathan regime at 11.917 billion dollars and when we took over at Ministry of Transportation we negotiated with CCECC and succeeded in reducing the contract sum from 11.917 billion dollars to 11.117 billion dollars.

“We are able to save 800 million dollars after negotiation with CCECC and that has to do with the fact that CCECC said prices of commodities like steel and other things have come down.

“So, our gathering is to sign same contract but with different price and to make it legal from the initial price to the negotiated price.

“As soon as we conclude discussion with China Exim Bank, they will commence construction of the first segment,’’ he said.

He said the first segment would be from Calabar, Uyo, Aba and Port Harcourt and it would include all the seaports on the route.

“The entire contract covers Calabar, Uyo, Aba, Port Harcourt, Yenagoa, Otuoke, Ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Ore, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Lagos.

“My expectation is that the project can be completed in two years since funding won’t be a problem,’’ the minister said.

Earlier, Baogang, said that the railway would contribute immensely to the economic development of the country and open doors of employment.

He said that the company was ready to train Nigerians through building of factories, especially those in the grassroots.

“I know that railway contributes immensely to the economic development in Nigeria and it is very important.

“Railway will open doors for local people and I am sure that we will create more than 400 jobs with this project.

“We will execute this project with quality materials and with high speed and we hope to deliver in two years as expected by the minister,’’ he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-ccecc-sign-mou-11-12bn-lagos-calabar-railway-project/

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by agabusta: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nice one!
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by bless2tom(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
waoh.....I love dat
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by kahal29: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
The Federal Government and China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the execution of the 11.12 billion-dollar Lagos-Calabar railway project.

The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, signed the agreement on behalf of the government, while the President of CCECC, Cao Baogang, signed for the company in Abuja on Friday.

He said that the contract was awarded during President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime in the sum of 11.92 billion dollars but was negotiated downward.

Amaechi said, “we were able to save 800 million dollars from the initial sum of the project which will be delivered in the next two years.

“This contract was awarded by the President Goodluck Jonathan regime at 11.917 billion dollars and when we took over at Ministry of Transportation we negotiated with CCECC and succeeded in reducing the contract sum from 11.917 billion dollars to 11.117 billion dollars.

“We are able to save 800 million dollars after negotiation with CCECC and that has to do with the fact that CCECC said prices of commodities like steel and other things have come down.

“So, our gathering is to sign same contract but with different price and to make it legal from the initial price to the negotiated price.

“As soon as we conclude discussion with China Exim Bank, they will commence construction of the first segment,’’ he said.

He said the first segment would be from Calabar, Uyo, Aba and Port Harcourt and it would include all the seaports on the route.

“The entire contract covers Calabar, Uyo, Aba, Port Harcourt, Yenagoa, Otuoke, Ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Ore, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Lagos.

“My expectation is that the project can be completed in two years since funding won’t be a problem,’’ the minister said.

Earlier, Baogang, said that the railway would contribute immensely to the economic development of the country and open doors of employment.

He said that the company was ready to train Nigerians through building of factories, especially those in the grassroots.

“I know that railway contributes immensely to the economic development in Nigeria and it is very important.

“Railway will open doors for local people and I am sure that we will create more than 400 jobs with this project.

“We will execute this project with quality materials and with high speed and we hope to deliver in two years as expected by the minister,’’ he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-ccecc-sign-mou-11-12bn-lagos-calabar-railway-project/

1 Like

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by Likei(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
that is if they will ever build it.
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by Jorussia(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is another testimony that this administration is not a scam.This project will provide jobs to thousands of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by forgiveness: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
Godwin
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by seunmsg(m): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Great news! If the project can be completed within two years as envisaged, Amaechi and Buhari would have done the impossible.

Kudos to PMB and Amaechi for pushing through with this project despite the distractions from some people who are scared of the goodwill that the actualisation of the project will bring to the presidents popularity in the south south region. This is probably the biggest project that the current government would sign and it's so good to see that it is located in the south. Goes to show that the president is not a tribalist as some people want us to believe.

Kudos again to the president and his team for beating down the cost of the contract and saving the country a whopping $800million. It's almost unbelievable that the contract sum could be negotiated down at a period when the naira has been seriously devalued. This is the hallmark of a transparent and honest government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by kahal29: 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
aminho:
I just saw this on Twitter
Otouke is involved

OP pls back up this story with this link to make it a FP material. You can post the whole story for people to read.

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by obiageIi(f): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
God bless Nigeria, we are on the right path. This administration is beginning to live up to expectations.

1 Like

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by yrret: 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
2years contract. I pray they beat the time.

New phase of yet another nice project!
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by SuperS1Panther: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
I do not see this laudable project being completed in 2 years because some clowns from South South will either kidnap the expatriates or ask for "Deve" Fee before the rail line can pass through their community.

Just wait and see.

1 Like

Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by mrvitalis(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Buhari if u complete this project before 2019. ..
Nigerians will beg u to run in 2019 trust me

I believe u to deliver
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by utytill(m): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ameachi and railway are not good nouns in a single sentence.
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by Osyabj: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
President Buhari is Working

Hon. Chukwubuike Amaechi is Working

Nigeria is moving in the RIGHT direction.

Shame on corrupt Otuoke Thief, Jona.
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by princemillla(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is good news... I will live this project to be conclude in 2 years as promised, it will go long way to prove Apc is working
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by RareDiamonds: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
I hope Buhari will allow the rail lines get to South East. I pray Buhari's tribalism won't make him prevent the South East from partaking in this project.

This is commendable if done justly, fairly and in good faith.
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
If this project is actualized in 2yrs as stated here, well...
Re: ASO ROCK Confirms Calaba Railway Route by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
Osyabj:
President Buhari is Working

Hon. Chukwubuike Amaechi is Working

Nigeria is moving in the RIGHT direction.

Shame on corrupt Otuoke Thief, Jona.

The project was conceived by his administration, give him some credit, or at least leave him alone.

(1) (Reply)

Photonews: President Buhari's Daughter, Halima Called To The Bar In Abuja / Buhari Is Scared By Ndigbo's 70% Economic Ownership In Nigeria, Massob / Aisha Buhari Spotted Wearing £15,000 Chopard Diamond Wristwatch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.