Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Let's Focus On Igboland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Focus On Igboland (8558 Views)

Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief / Buhari Sharpens Focus On Niger Delta By Garba Shehu / Northern Generals On Igboland Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ndi Igbo umu nnem, especially Igbo youths,

Please listen to me. I am proud of us as a people. We have done so much with litte. We have overcome so many adversities as a people. And trust me when I say that the future is very bright for us regardless of the problems we endure today.

But please can we focus this bia fran movement thing to only Igboland both in SE and SS. Meaning we should forget about including non-Igbo Niger deltans.

Please only intelligent response will be engaged.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
Normally I don't like discussing biafr.a issues neither do I support secession, but some records need to be set straight.
I will be bringing reasonable comments to the acquired spaces
Matured minds for or against .
Let's do this once and for all
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:
I think we should restrict it to an Igbo speaking thing, and keep the door open for selected surrounding groups with shared ideology as Ndiigbo, groups like ethnic nationalities in present Akwa Ibom and Cross rivers, the Ogonis, Andoni, Opobo.
That way we wouldn't introduce fifth columnist into the struggle, it would also help in eliminating ambiguities.
iamDiabolic:
that's how ur fellow igbo's treat any igbo that do not share same idea with them,they would accuse you of being yoruba like its yoruba who are giving them nightmare.that's why everybody would continue to see igbo's as land grabbers wanting ijaw,urhobo,ilwerre,efik to join them by force cause of oil they are calling them there brothers
onepluone:
OP ur not an igbo man.
No igbo will agree to leave his brothers behind.
Nnamdi Kanu preached against that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPQOPEH-0Y&ab_channel=BiafraTelevision
Ijaw is our brothers and similarly the efik and ibibios.
Idoma and Igala to an extent, we are leaving nobody behind. They wont let us leave without them anyway.
As u dey go, ur yansh follow u. The same way we came together into Nigeria shall we depart together.
Emancipation:

I agree with you that we should leave the door open but we should only do it in such a way that make them understand that we do not need them. If we actively seek out their support, it makes us look desperate and they begin to see it is wanting to dominate them and their resources. Let's just keep the door open. That's it.
Africonji:
I am with Onenaira1 on this one. Personally I feel including ijaws would be too risky. They are too hot tempered. What if they later start to shout 'igbo domination', and begin to create problems for us?? They have done it before. Let everybody bear their father's name. We can be good neighbors while in separate countries. That is my own opinion.
Igboid:
I am all for Biafra. But I believe that currently, a Republic of Igboland consisting of only "Igbo speaking proud" Igbo groups with the door left open for selected Igbo groups to join us is feasible.
And truly speaking, I prefer an Igbo only speaking nation to any other arrangement, but I wouldn't mind any arrangement that will include friendly non Igbo speaking Igbo neighbours, especiall the Akwa Ibom and Cross River groups.
SlayerSupreme:

Not doing enough to co-opt people in the ND is my major grouse with IPoB but I don't chastise them so much. It's not easy. You seem to be fully aware of how things are on ground. Most of my Igbo brothers live in fools paradise. I'm always realistic in approach and realistically speaking,as of now the ND are on another boat entirely though we're generally heading the same way. I wish people were better informed.

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:

Peep like you are setting the Igbos up for a high jump too high that we will trip on it, with your emotional views and ways of thinking.
You need to be pragmatic for once, and learn the ways of the world.
You see the Ijaws as brothers, the average Ijaw man sees you as a greedy neighbor that is out to annex his lands, take his oil to delvelop your oil lands, impoverish him and even believe that you have it in him to relocate him from his lands and replace him.
He sees Nigeria as the only thing keeping you in check from carrying out the above plans, which he believes you already had mapped out in your secret Igbo meetings.
And you are asking him to jump out from Nigeria( even though Nigeria is not fair to them) and jump into a bed with you, with Nigeria gone to give her protection from you carrying out your plans on her.
This is his his mindset, your calling him a brother doesn't change this his view of you. That view is what you have to work with, you can't wish it away by drawing phantom maps and including his lands, (infact those maps to his already fixed mind is an evidence that you are out to take his lands from him).
Your only option is to accept this reality, only then can the real solution to it come.
Emancipation:

Exactly what I am saying. Let's not create another quagmire in bia fran future. If they say that they want to be part of us, then we must have an open publicly televised debate and negotiations carried transparently so nobody will come tomorrow and say those Igbos deceived us.
zendy:

I completely understand what you mean. What you have to understand is that the Nigerian propaganda machine had many years since the end of the war to brainwash many of the minorities in Southern Nigeria that their Igbos neigbours were the real enemies. They were told that Igbos want to dominate them and steal their lands. But things are changing. It was an opener for the Niger Delta when Igbos gave their own son almost 100% support in the last presidential elections. They have started to realise that the Igbos are their only real friends in Nigeria. Most of the negative comments online towards Igbos are just Yorubas masquerading as indigenes of the Niger Delta. Like I said, a referendum will clear everything up.
HopeAtHand:

When that referendum is carried out, your disappointment will know no bounds. You'll be surprised that Oyigbo and Etche may ditch Igbos like a leprous patient.
The best way to go is an all SE Igbo movement, when it materialises, u can subtly solicit the inclusion of Anioma, and then Egbema in Rivers.
Ikwerre is fit to be a country, just like Singapore, Qatar, Montenegro etc. I suggest the name of my country to be Iwhnrohna. Biafra and Iwhnrohna will be like Germany and Austria.
Somebody say Amen to that. !!! grin Hallelujah kiss
Igboid:

Exactly. There is this ignorance on the part of average Igbos, of the sentiments and deep seated Igbophobia amongst minorities in the deep south.
And groups like IPOB are not doing enough to bring this to the knowledge of Ndiigbo, neither are they doing enough to work on those sentiments, they just want to live in fools paradise by pretending that those sentiments don't exist, while they go about drawing imaginary maps and deceiving themselves and millions of innocent Igbos back at home.
I am disappointed in them( Igbo freedom groups) , and I have decided that until they recognize this very fact and take measures to educate the average Igbo youth about these hates emanating from the deep south, as well as fashion ways to correct some of those perception amongst those people through community based awareness and discussion programs, I will no longer support them.
The Igbophobia in the deep south stinks to high heavens, and if not addressed we will only be repeating history should we continue to agitate for self determination, as the Igbophobia of those groups would serve as a very good fertile grounds for our would be enemies that are hell bent on repeating 1966-70 events all over again.
Emancipation:
Ipob has to fundamentally change their strategy. Reach out the the minority communities. Hold a weekly town hall meeting and give them the opportunity to ask questions. Show them assign representatives to work together in forming progressive constitution for the new nation. Shouting on radio is good but it can never substitute face to face meeting. If they cannot do this, then they need to just limit Biafra to ndiigbo.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
The major advantage is that it will increase the chances of the movement succeeding since we speak with one voice.

And no propaganda of igbos want to dominate you will succeed.

You cannot blame the non Igbo Niger deltans 100% for their anti Igbo stance. To them, You will always be one of the big tribes and that makes them nervous. They feel like they might be replacing one oppressor to another.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Normally I don't like discussing biafr.a issues, but some records need to be set straight.
I will be bringing reasonable comments to the acquired spaces
Matured minds forbor against .
Let's do this once and for all

Your opinion is highly welcomed.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Also some Yorubas and some non-Igbo Niger deltans welcome Fulani dominance and see it as a way to keep igbos in check.

Although this hasn't worked out so well for them because to their surprise, igbos came back stronger 20 years after they were left for dead.

But this mentality still endures and they continue to pass it down to their children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Emancipation:

Your opinion is highly welcomed.

You can kick off with why you are for or against
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by PhilemonObende: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
I can see an "I am Ibo who support buhari's killings in onitsha" character on the thread already.

SMH for these brown roof people. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
PhilemonObende:
I can see an "I am Ibo who support buhari's killings in onitsha" character on the thread already.

SMH for these brown roof people. grin grin grin

Am an Igbo who is ready to wrong your assumptions.
Feel free to counter reasonably
Stop stereotyping people.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

You can kick off with why you are for or against

I already explained above but in summary, I am in full support of a people's right to self determination.

But I think there is so much distrust towards Ndigbo among some the non Igbo niger deltans.

Because of this, I think is better for ndiigbo to redraw the map and go for it alone. it is just my humble opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Emancipation:

I already explained above but in summary, I am in full support of a people's right to self determination.

But I think there is so much distrust towards Ndigbo among some the non Igbo niger deltans.

Because of this, I think is better for ndiigbo to redraw the map and go for it alone. it is just my humble opinion.

Can we focus on the self determination aspect firstz why are you in support,
What constitutes the requirements for self determination .
Is your self determination drawn along ethnicity or geographically.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
OP ur not an igbo man.

Idoma and Igala to an extent, we are leaving nobody behind. They wont let us leave without them anyway.

As u dey go, ur yansh follow u. The same way we came together into Nigeria shall we depart together.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
PhilemonObende:

I catch am. grin

I didn't mention your name, but your guilty conscience made you uneasy.

It's a confirmation that you are a yorrobbber man deceiving himself and other foools who want to be deceived that you are Igbo. You are not only yorrrobber, you are also muslim. keep suffocating yourself tryin to convince us that it is sane to be an "Igbo who support buhari killing people in Igboland". Entertain us pls. grin grin grin
Feel free to believe whatever you like it doesn't change reality.
Kindly face topic.
Thanks
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by PhilemonObende: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Feel free to believe whatever you like it doesn't change reality.
Kindly face topic.
Thanks

write us your usual essay why we as an Igbos should support buhari the killer of Easterners like you do as a "proud ibo". I'd love to read. you know you are the only sane "ibo" the rest of us are "idiotts" for confronting the murderers (your lord and master) of our people in Asaba and Onitsha. let me call amaechi1 and obailala, your fellow 'ibos" to help you. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
onepluone:
OP ur not an igbo man.

As u dey go, ur yansh follow u.

I believe the said struggle is about self determination, allow other ethnic nationalities decide their fate.
Even localities in core Igbo land should be allowed to determine their positions,
Outside this you defeat the principle of self determination.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
PhilemonObende:

write me an essay why I as an Igbo should support buhari the killer of Easterners like you do as a "proud ibo". I'd love to read. grin grin grin
I owe you nothing.
Kindly face topic
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I believe the said struggle is about self determination, allow other ethnic nationalities decide their fate.
Even localities in core Igbo land should be allowed to determine their positions,
Outside this you defeat the principle of self determination.

Y u start thread come dey post with multiple moniker yoruba man? Na only u waka come ni?

Change ur name to Emeka Offor and start learning igbo.

Find the nearest igbo meeting in your area and join. Marry urself an igbo woman. It is clear u want to be igbo. Everyday we cannot rest for you. At least wen u follow the aforementioned, we go rest small.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
[s]
onepluone:

Y u start thread come dey post with multiple moniker yoruba man? Na only u waka come ni?

Change ur name to Emeka Offor and start learning igbo.

Find the nearest igbo meeting in your area and join. Marry urself an igbo woman. It is clear u want to be igbo. Everyday we cannot rest for you. At least wen u follow the aforementioned, we go rest small.
[/s]
Kindly face topic
Next
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
[s][/s]
Kindly face topic
Next

One Ibadan school declared yorubas are 99% igbo, go the remaining 1% left. Go for it!
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Can we focus on the self determination aspect firstz why are you in support,
What constitutes the requirements for self determination .
Is your self determination drawn along ethnicity or geographically.

In paragraph 1 of the United Nations 1941 Atlantic charter: " All peoples have the right to self-determination. By virtue of that right, they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."

The requirement for self determination include distinct langugue, culture, and peoples agreement expressed in referendum. Study Catalonian case against Spain.

And finally it is both along ethnic and geographical lines. I don't know what you mean by that question.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
onepluone:

One Ibadan school declared yorubas are 99% igbo, go the remaining 1% left. Go for it!
Thread derailer , you've been noticed, kindly swerve.
The guy who opened this thread is pro Biafra, am only here to help collate opinions, if you have nothing meaningful to contribute, you are just proving to the world, that people like you don't know what their agitation is about, kindly stop occupying space for people with better ideas.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

The guy who opened this thread is pro Biafra, am only here to help collate opinions, if you have nothing meaningful to contribute, you are just proving to the world, that people like you don't know what their agitation is about, kindly stop occupying space for people with better ideas.

Join us! Dat is ur dream! Join us! Become Igbo or die trying.

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by obailala(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
PhilemonObende:

write us your usual essay why we as an Igbos should support buhari the killer of Easterners like you do as a "proud ibo". I'd love to read. you know you are the only sane "ibo" the rest of us are "idiotts" for confronting the murderers (your lord and master) of our people in Asaba and Onitsha. let me call amaechi1 and obaiIala, your fellow 'ibos" to help you. grin grin grin
Obende, tell your silly story to the birds, your hatred for Buhari is purely because he defeated your hero; it has nothing to do with any killings because your bile against him kicked off even before he moved into aso rock. And if it pains you so much that there were over 140,000 Igbos who actually voted for Buhari in the last election and who still support him today, then go seek the help of a psychiatrist; no be we do you.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
obailala:
Obende, tell your silly story to the birds, your hatred for Buhari is purely because he defeated your hero; it has nothing to do with any killings because your bile against him kicked off even before he moved into aso rock. And if it pains you so much that there were[b] over 140,000 Igbos [/b]who actually voted for Buhari in the last election and who still support him today, then go seek the help of a psychiatrist; no be we do you.

See gobe on top igbo matter. Nwokem, Ibu onye igbo?

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
Emancipation:

In paragraph 1 of the United Nations 1941 Atlantic charter: " All peoples have the right to self-determination. By virtue of that right, they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."

The requirement for self determination include distinct langugue, culture, and peoples agreement expressed in referendum. Study Catalonian case against Spain.

And finally it is both along ethnic and geographical lines. I don't know what you mean by that question.
The Catalonia case against Spain is not going to assist you, its better referencing Basque region against Spain.

The united nations recognition is not legally binding

The principle does not state how the decision is to be made, nor what the outcome should be, whether it be independence, federation, protection, some form of autonomy or full assimilation.[5] Neither does it state what the delimitation between nations should be— nor what constitutes a nation. There are conflicting definitions and legal criteria for determining which groups may legitimately claim the right to self-determination.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-determination
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by iamDiabolic(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

that's how ur fellow igbo's treat any igbo that do not share same idea with them,they would accuse you of being yoruba like its yoruba who are giving them nightmare.that's why everybody would continue to see igbo's as land grabbers wanting ijaw,urhobo,ilwerre,efik to join them by force cause of oil they are calling them there brothers

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by iamDiabolic(m): 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
onepluone:
OP ur not an igbo man.

lang grabbers bobody is seceding anyland yo Biafra,n6delta avengers asked for niger/delta republic not biafra republic

Mod don't ban me oh,I didn't promote secession just speaking my mind cause I just came back from a long ban
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Emancipation: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

The Catalonia case against Spain is not going to assist you, its better referencing Basque region against Spain.

The united nations recognition is not legally binding

The principle does not state how the decision is to be made, nor what the outcome should be, whether it be independence, federation, protection, some form of autonomy or full assimilation.[5] Neither does it state what the delimitation between nations should be— nor what constitutes a nation. There are conflicting definitions and legal criteria for determining which groups may legitimately claim the right to self-determination.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-determination

Point noted but it still doesn't diminish the right to self determination. How it is interpreted or implemented is purposefully left open. The existence of that right will always make the unity of Nigeria negotiable.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
This thread is here to correct those impressions.
Don't sterotype
iamDiabolic:
lang grabbers bobody is seceding anyland yo Biafra,n6delta avengers asked for niger/delta republic not biafra republic
Mod don't ban me oh,I didn't promote secession just speaking my mind cause I just came back from a long ban
people
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Igboid: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:

You are an average Ignorant Yoruba man. Efiks have no oil, yet that doesnt not stop Ndiigbo from seeing them as good neighbors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali / Osinbajo: Some Public Commentators Make Baseless Assertions / LNSA, DSS Set To Partner For Improved Security, Safety In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.