Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali (8551 Views)

2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana / I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2016
"I come from a small tribe - the Tarok tribe in Langtang. It is a small tribe from a small group. If the north secures independence from the rest of the country the Hausa/Fulani will be so dominant and will lord over us whether we like it or not. A bigger Nigeria will check such excesses. So the bigger Nigeria, the freer my tribe and myself will be". - Domkat Bali

The very fear yorubas have of a renewed Biafran agitation is what the likes of Domkat Bali held 50yrs ago.

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=S1s9EqmAN1IC&pg=PA121&lpg=PA121&dq=domkat+bali+on+northern+secession&source=bl&ots=kD1_Lq2z3E&sig=EMLj3Z2Z6tUIxdafgSxZk-a-wj4&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=domkat%20bali%20on%20northern%20secession&f=false

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by jerryunit48: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2016
Ehen ! We talk am there has to be a reason,so all you are saying now is that Yorubas are scared of Biafrans leaving Nigerian ba ? lala will hear this

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by sarrki(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2016
OK we Don ear,

However middle belt has been compensated through IBB & Abdul salami
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 10:25am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:
OK we Don ear,

However middle belt has been compensated through IBB & Abdul salami

And the genocide in the Christian middle belt by Hausa/Fulanis.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On Aug 16, 2016
The same reason Rivers people in particular are weary of Biafra. Very understandable.

6 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2016
Abagworo:
The same reason Rivers people in particular are weary of Biafra. Very understandable.

Lol.

This your lame attempt at dividing the people of the better south no dey work again.

The Niger Delta is even more committed to seccesion than even the Igbos since they don't have a large population outside their regions unlike the Igbos.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by sarrki(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2016
jerryunit48:
Ehen ! We talk am there has to be a reason,so all you are saying now is that Yorubas are scared of Biafrans leaving Nigerian ba ? lala will hear this
lolz . Wake up nothing like tribal war anymore our concern should be qualitative leader,Accountable leaders we need SW is not in struggle with any region cos God has favored her with

Lagos ........ seaport

OGUN ............. industrial hub

Oyo. ................ Arable land for farming

Osun................. Cultural heritage and Cocoa plantation

Ondo. ................ Bitumen, Crude oil and Cocoa plantation

Ekiti.................... Tourism

Above all Education for all

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by asorocker: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:
lolz . Wake up nothing like tribal war anymore our concern should be qualitative leader,Accountable leaders we need SW is not in struggle with any region cos God has favored her with

Lagos ........ seaport

This made my day

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by thedarksider: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:
"I come from a small tribe - the Tarok tribe in Langtang. It is a small tribe from a small group. If the north secures independence from the rest of the country the Hausa/Fulani will be so dominant and will lord over us whether we like it or not. A bigger Nigeria will check such excesses. So the bigger Nigeria, the freer my tribe and myself will be". - Domkat Bali

The very fear yorubas have of a renewed Biafran agitation is what the likes of Domkat Bali held 50yrs ago.

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=S1s9EqmAN1IC&pg=PA121&lpg=PA121&dq=domkat+bali+on+northern+secession&source=bl&ots=kD1_Lq2z3E&sig=EMLj3Z2Z6tUIxdafgSxZk-a-wj4&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=domkat%20bali%20on%20northern%20secession&f=false

ohh nooooo..there you are very wrong.....you have pissed off the yorubas sooo much,they think now,anything is better than you.....

they want you gone!!...south-east belongs to yorubas too!!!,,,before you start salaiving from biafra dreams in the se....

1 Like

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

ohh nooooo..there you are very wrong.....you have pissed off the yorubas sooo much,they think now,anything is better than you.....

they want you gone!!...south-east belongs to yorubas too!!!,,,before you start salaiving from biafra dreams in the se....

Keep playing the ostrich.

The middle belt that won the war for you are moaning under the groan of one Nigeria as can be seen with the carnage caused by boko haram.

And if you must remember, that statement is from no other than Domkat Bali and not an Igbo.

So keep deluding yourself on one united Nigeria .

Myopic frog boiling in water.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by thedarksider: 11:12am On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

Keep playing the ostrich.

The middle belt that won the war for you are moaning under the groan of one Nigeria as can be seen with the carnage caused by boko haram.

And if you must remember, that statement is from no other than Domkat Bali and not an Igbo.

So keep deluding yourself on one united Nigeria .

Myopic frog boiling in water.

they may be moaning,but they still dont want to be with you................ tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:

Lagos ........ seaport

Then why do you want this useless one Nigeria to continue?

The honest truth is that the Yorubas can not govern themselves without Abuja.

You fought a long drawn civil war (kiriji war) for over 23 yrs and also betrayals in Ilorin who sold out to the Sokoto Caliphate.

You only knew peace from both the kiriji civil war and Islamic jihad breathing down your necks after you invited the British to take over.

If the better south (Niger Delta and Biafra) seccedes , you will not waste one minute fighting yourselves over who will serve as proxy head of the Yoruba people under northern rule.

This is the beautiful truth.

You would have decided to look into forming a common southern alliance with your southern neighbours but the igbos will have nothing to do with you given your history of treachery and betrayal stemming from the role you played in the brutal civil war 50yrs ago. The Niger Delta on the other hand have a more recent history of your betrayal in the role you played in derailing, insulting and eventually removing their son from office.

As things stand now, you guys are doomed for Hausa/Fulani occupation.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by BrownRoofRep: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2016
If Igbos go with their country we will have our own country - Brown Roof Republic!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

they may be moaning,but they still dont want to be with you................ tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You only decieve yourself .

Btw I am from Niger Delta and I support Biafra 100000000% becuase Biafra is the only solution to end the exploitation of our resources and lands and to prevent the jihadists bokos from occupying our lands.

So if you want these two things in Odua that is your problem

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

I don't need the same people who fought with relish to kill their own fellow Christians on behalf of their northern masters in the same country .

If they truly wanted to end the Fulani attacks they will know what to do and it isn't fighting for one useless Nigeria as Domkat Bali claimed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by apcisevil: 11:23am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:

Lagos ........ seaport

With all that why do you want to still be in same country with those you so much hate? With all those goodie goodies, I would expect you people to start championing an odua country

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by sarrki(m): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

Then why do you want this useless one Nigeria to continue?

The honest truth is that the Yorubas can not govern themselves without Abuja.

You fought a long drawn civil war (kiriji war) for over 23 yrs and also betrayals in Ilorin who sold out to the Sokoto Caliphate.

You only knew peace from both the kiriji civil war and Islamic jihad breathing down your necks after you invited the British to take over.

If the better south (Niger Delta and Biafra) seccedes , you will not waste one minute fighting yourselves over who will serve as proxy head of the Yoruba people under northern rule.

This is the beautiful truth.

You would have decided to look into forming a common southern alliance with your southern neighbours but the igbos will have nothing to do with you given your history of treachery and betrayal stemming from the role you played in the brutal civil war 50yrs ago. The Niger Delta on the other hand have a more recent history of your betrayal in the role you played in derailing, insulting and eventually removing their son from office.

As things stand now, you guys are doomed for Hausa/Fulani occupation.
Lol lord ojukwu tried it and failed woefully so your ranting on social media won't take you anywhere . If truly all the SE believe in BIAFRA they won't flood other places with buildings & infrastructure.

So pls stop all this NOISE

2 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2016
apcisevil:

With all that why do you want to still be in same country with those you so much hate? With all those goodie goodies, I would expect you people to start championing an odua country

You dey mind them.

They can't govern themselves if they are left alone.

Common LG election they must do Amala politics and shed blood .

Their Muslim traitors among them will not hesitate selling them to the north.

And they have so soiled their reputation among their fellow southerners that making any form of political or militant front with the better south is totally ruled out.

Just like Domkat Bali, the need one Nigeria to work but unlike Domkat Bali who feared most of the ravenous Hausa Fulanis, they (Yorubas) are more afraid of their own shadow .

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:
Lol lord ojukwu tried it and failed woefully so your ranting on social media won't take you anywhere . If truly all the SE believe in BIAFRA they won't flood other places with buildings & infrastructure.

I don't speak for Igbos because I am not.

I stated earlier in this thread that the Niger Delta is more committed to seccesion than even IPOB and can easily achieve this if we declared our intentions because we will not have much opposition from our own people since we remain insignificant minorities outside our regions unlike the igbos.

But we need the igbos to be part of our struggle not only because of their resilience and industrious nature but also as a buffer and military ally in our struggle.

So you can keep dancing naked like a mad woman in the town square over an issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:

Lagos ........ seaport

We all need One Nigeria.... because without the population (170m) citizens and counting, no one would use our seaport or products from farms, see our tourist attraction... we should all crave for one Nigeria.... Lagos is what it is today because of Tax, and Tax can only come into effect with a huge population. why then do you think UK is opening there borders to commonwealth nations? because they need trade.

Angola exports more crude than Nigeria as at today, but Nigeria is still very preferable business wise due to its large population, and that has kept us going.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Kent16: 11:45am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:

Dude, you are the one making noise and I think you are bitter about the success of Igbos in Lagos and all over Nigeria.
Your people have sold their landed properties to Igbos and used the money in partying, eating and drinking. You just realized that Igbos owns heavy chunk of real estate in your backyard. I don't blame you guys, I will be bitter myself if people travel hundreds of mile to my backyard, become very successful and landlords. Dude deal with, those who bought your people's property will retain it till the end of this world. If their generations passed their children will take over. Yes, I am one of the people that will persuade my brothers and sisters to focus on Igboland but dude, those that have properties in Lagos will continue retaining it. Once more deal with it, can't eat your cake and have it back.

I also think your comment on Igbos not being serious of their own country because many of them resides in Lagos is in any way meaningful, go and check your record about Igbos, you have more Igbos than any other tribe in Nigeria every other countries of the world, does that mean they are not Nigerians? Igbos dominates economy at home, abroad. That's our nature. Sorry.
Do you even know there are more Jews in America than Israel? Does that mean that Jews are not interested in Israel?
Your logic above is one of those I always read that makes ZERO sense to me.
Thanks.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 11:47am On Aug 16, 2016
Esseite:

We all need One Nigeria.... because without the population (170m) citizens and counting, no one would use our seaport or products from farms, see our tourist attraction... we should all crave for one Nigeria.... Lagos is what it is today because of Tax, and Tax can only come into effect with a huge population. why then do you think UK is opening there borders to commonwealth nations? because they need trade.

Angola exports more crude than Nigeria as at today, but Nigeria is still very preferable business wise due to its large population, and that has kept us going.

Lol.

I bet you opposed Brexit and a champion of multicultural EU.

Abegi! Japan is a homogenous nation of peoples of one culture , religion and aspirations.

You are talking of huge market potentials but fail to see that the north is effectively pushing for a singular islamofascist agenda to replace all our identities just as they did to control the Hausa people through Islam.

The system is dead and can only be restructured to meet and accommodate all our ideals or dismantled.

You preach unity myopically through nationalism while the north is bent on using religion to break cultural barriers.

This is where liberal nationalism gets fcked regularly by fascist and communist ideology.

13 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by orisa37: 11:47am On Aug 16, 2016
All we are saying is that the agitators for Biafra should cooperate with the likes of Ekweremadu of the SE, SW, SS, Domkat Balis Tribe in Plateau, Supporters of IBB, AA etc in Niger State, The Afonja, Saraki etc tribes people in Kwara, The civilized Tivs etc in Benue State and on, to get all their States Assemblies and their Representatives and Senators in the NASS to work fast and immediately to AMEND THE 1999 CONSTITUTION TO GRANT FULL AUTONOMY TO THE 36 STATES AND COLLAPSE NIGERIA INTO 6 TRADE ZONES.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Kent16: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

I stated earlier in this thread that the Niger Delta is more committed to seccesion than even IPOB and can easily achieve this if we declared our intentions because we will not have much opposition from our own people since we remain insignificant minorities outside our regions unlike the igbos.

But we need the igbos to be part of our struggle not only because of their resilience and industrious nature but also as a buffer and military ally in our struggle.

So you can keep dancing naked like a mad woman in the town square over an issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with you.
We may have many people outside our land but believe me, we know our own. We know where our loyalties are and when the time to answer our fathers name comes you will know how much we love ourselves.
Yes, I know of few hungry sycophants that have sold their birthrights for a plate of portage but the truth is Igbos at home, abroad will always support their people. That's our nature.
Thanks.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Mckennedy: 11:54am On Aug 16, 2016
sarrki:

sooner all those places will become ghost towns

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Anticabal: 11:57am On Aug 16, 2016
Another hard truth hammered on yoruba hammerheads by a middle-beltan.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by T8ksy(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

"If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation".

That was the position the Yorubas subscribed to prior to the commencement of that stupid and wasteful civil war in Nigeria but am sorry to inform you and your fellow co-travellers in the journey of deceit and infantile propaganda, that nothing has changed since half a century ago. If you guys leave Nigeria today, we Yorubas will also leave too. Do I need to remind you that we never wanted one Nigeria in the first place ( referring to the notion " as a mere geographical expression............."wink and neither did the Sardunna? It was actually you ibos that were falling over themselves at the mere mention of this clearly unworkable and unholy Union, gesticulating like inebriated newts whilst selling us all to the Sardunna and his concept of northern hegemony in the new nation.

We only fought for G.O.W.O.N after your duplicitous warlord had dropped bombs on our people and was bearing down on our region with his "Liberation Force", conveniently avoiding the region where the pogrom on the ibos was unleashed which he, Ojukwu exploited for his ulterior gains.

We never wanted to war with you guys either preferring a peaceful approach to the impasse we were all drawn into at the time.

"If it is claimed that an attack on the East is going to be launched by the Federal Government and not by the North as such and that it is designed to ensure the unity and integrity of the Federation, two other insuperable points also become obvious. First, if a war against the East becomes a necessity it must be agreed to unanimously by the remaining units of the Federation. In this connection, the West, Mid- West and Lagos have declared their implacable opposition to the use of force in solving the present problem. "

8 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Anticabal: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
^^ The yoruba guy above me is deceiving himself that yorubas actually entered the war when the Biafran forces led by traitor Banjo started marching towards the south-west.

His yoruba people allowed the abokiii vandals in lagos an enabling environment to launch the first shot (and several others) against Biafraaland but wants us believe that yorubaland was neutral pre-Ore?
Does he think he is talking to goats? yorubaland was the command and control center for anti-Biafran attacks and you think that wasn't enough to be SEEN AS AN ACT OF WAR? You expected Biafrans forces to go and look for the head of Sultan when the bombs, mortars, Signal, bullets and Naval ships are coming from your land (the capital) to kill people in Biafraaland? What tomfoolery?

You were even donating your sisters and their big buttocks for the pleasure of killer Gowon and his bands of hausa vandals right in lagos, yet wanted Ojukwu to overlook all that and Go for the Emir's head in Kano?

These yorubas must think everyone is a m0ron except them? grin grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
T8ksy:

. If you guys leave Nigeria today, we Yorubas will also leave too. Do I need to remind you that we never wanted one Nigeria in the first place ( referring to the notion " as a mere geographical expression............."wink and neither did the Sardunna? It was actually you ibos that were falling over themselves at the mere mention of this clearly unworkable and unholy Union, gesticulating like inebriated newts whilst selling us all to the Sardunna and his concept of northern hegemony in the new nation.

Lordie lordie...

So you remain in this useless Nigeria in order to spite the igbos ?

And you will only consider leaving when the igbos successfully do so?

Are you people for real?

This argument is probably the most foolish thing I have read on NL and considering the level of intelligence is not on the bright side in this forum that says a lot about the degree of stupid1ty you were able to put together in just one post.

Bros I hail ohh!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by iSlayer: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

The "We SS" people will come for your head
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
iSlayer:

The "We SS" people will come for your head

I hear you.

Just as "we SS" people rejected your satanic APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by ckmayoca: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Esseite:

You nailed it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trafficking: How Northerners Are Turning Mecca Into Prostitution N Crime Haven / Full Election Results From All The States / Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.