Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? (24713 Views)

Has Anyone Here Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads/promotion? / Buy Amazon Gift Card In Nigeria & Pay In Naira / Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by yale001(f): 4:10am On Nov 09, 2016
GTBank Naira Master Card work very fine. Both on facebook ad and google ad. I just offset my debt with facebook ads yesterday.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
obajoey:
Very effective. That is wat I have been using for my page and my higest budget has been $2. The sales order I do get pass the item I have. Make sure u have enough item u want to sell sha. And your targetting is very important too.
Pls on the issue of targeting can you enlighten me.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by obajoey(m): 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
Targeting has to do with your audience; people you want your ad to be shown to. It has to do with age group, location, sex and interest. Interest has to do with what the targeted audience are interested in e.g fashion, football, phones e.t.c. You can set all these when you are creating the ad.
donsimon2012:

Pls on the issue of targeting can you enlighten me.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
obajoey:
Targeting has to do with your audience; people you want your ad to be shown to. It has to do with age group, location, sex and interest. Interest has to do with what the targeted audience are interested in e.g fashion, football, phones e.t.c. You can set all these when you are creating the ad.
. tanx a million bro. got it.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by obajoey(m): 9:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
u welcome bro.
donsimon2012:
. tanx a million bro. got it.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by justicezzz: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
Please what card would you advise me to use?? Most Cards are declining

CarmelloANGEL:

I just saw this, so let me quickly tell you what I knw which has been working.

1) Basically, switching currencies means ur ads will be reset and you'll start afresh, so don't be surprised when that happens.

2) You can not switch until you balance your initial payment, which means if you owe in dollars, you have to clear ur bill first before switching to Naira...and vice versa. So u can't go back to paying in dollars until u clear out ur outstanding Naira payment.

3) To the bone of contention... To pay in Naira, you need a Stanbic IBTC account and their Master Card. They'll debit you the Naira you owe directly from your account.
It's not FB's fault that they can't debit ur first bank card, all those banks intentionally blocked that option out because the preferred people paying in dollars so that they can set the exchange rate and make inordinate gains.

Only Stanbic and UBA debits in Naira now directly as at now ( can't say what will happen tomorrow).
But Stanbic in better than UBA because UBA still removes some extra charges after debiting the real money, something Stanbic doesn't do.

I don't work for Stanbic, I only use their services because their exchange rate is one of the lowest in the country now...from what I know.

Good luck.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 7:46am On Nov 16, 2016
justicezzz:
Please what card would you advise me to use?? Most Cards are declining

I think you can only use Access or GTB for now, they are the 2 Banks I'm aware still allow you pay on foreign websites with your Naira MasterCard/Visa Card.

Access - $200/Month, GTB - $100/Month.

Other banks have suspended this activity
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by myweb(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2016
obajoey:
u welcome bro.

Hi bro.

Please can I get your contact? Need some clarifications.

or better still, mine is 07033******.. Whats app will be fine

I will be expecting it.

Thanks.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Ayomepa: 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
CarmelloANGEL:

I think you can only use Access or GTB for now, they are the 2 Banks I'm aware still allow you pay on foreign websites with your Naira MasterCard/Visa Card.

Access - $200/Month, GTB - $100/Month.

Other banks have suspended this activity
Pleas I need further clarification on this. Will I be charged $200 by access bank every month for using their Visa Naira Debit Card online?
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ayomepa:
Pleas I need further clarification on this. Will I be charged $200 by access bank every month for using their Visa Naira Debit Card online?

No sir, what it means is that if you are a regular shopper on foreign sites like Amazon, EBay etc, or you pay for Google Ads or FB ads or do any foreign online transaction, E.g send money via PayPal etc using ur Naira denominated debit/credit card (Normal ATM card) then you can't do more than $200 worth of transaction if you are an Access bank customer or $100 if GTB customer for any particular Month

It means in a Month, you cannot exceed your bank's foreign transaction limit.

So let's assume in the Month of November you've already spent $120 from ur Access bank card, then you have just $80 left for the month, so if you see a book for $100 on Amazon and wants to buy, you can't use that card again except if you wait till nxt month when you'll have another $200 to spend or you go for a book of $80 which is what you have left as ur limit for the month.

At the moment, Access is #325 to $1 and GTB #320 to $1
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Ayomepa: 4:51am On Nov 18, 2016
CarmelloANGEL:

No sir, what it means is that if you are a regular shopper on foreign sites like Amazon, EBay etc, or you pay for Google Ads or FB ads or do any foreign online transaction, E.g send money via PayPal etc using ur Naira denominated debit/credit card (Normal ATM card) then you can't do more than $200 worth of transaction if you are an Access bank customer or $100 if GTB customer for any particular Month

It means in a Month, you cannot exceed your bank's foreign transaction limit.

So let's assume in the Month of November you've already spent $120 from ur Access bank card, then you have just $80 left for the month, so if you see a book for $100 on Amazon and wants to buy, you can't use that card again except if you wait till nxt month when you'll have another $200 to spend or you go for a book of $80 which is what you have left as ur limit for the month.

At the moment, Access is #325 to $1 and GTB #320 to $1
wow! your explanation is very clear.
thanks alot!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by hebb: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
pls whats the accepted billing zip code ?I typed +234 ,but it doesn't accept it..pls help me out..
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Oluwabee(f): 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please, I am stranded at the moment I need to pay an outstanding bill less than N500 GTBank not accepted because DCC my Facebook account is in Naira. I tried to change my account to dollar but I can't make payments. GTBank says the only solution to pay an outstanding bill is for me to change the payment currency to the Dollar. Facebook says the only way out is to pay outstanding bills before I can change payment currency. So what do I do. I am just so confused! Which Nigerian bank card will I use now o. HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by DadojoReloaded(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Oluwabee:
Please, I am just so confused! Which Nigerian bank card will I use now o. HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, no Nigerian bank card works. You have to close that facebook Account and open another in dollars
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by melvin2004: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please which of the GTB master card that work for the fb ads the naira master card or the dollar master card
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by obajoey(m): 5:20am On Dec 02, 2016
I am using gtb naira master card and it works fine. You need to change the currency of the ad to dollar.
melvin2004:
Please which of the GTB master card that work for the fb ads the naira master card or the dollar master card

1 Like

Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by NnamdiN: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2016
Oluwabee:
Please, I am stranded at the moment I need to pay an outstanding bill less than N500 GTBank not accepted because DCC my Facebook account is in Naira. I tried to change my account to dollar but I can't make payments. GTBank says the only solution to pay an outstanding bill is for me to change the payment currency to the Dollar. Facebook says the only way out is to pay outstanding bills before I can change payment currency. So what do I do. I am just so confused! Which Nigerian bank card will I use now o. HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fcmb
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Mfondear(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
[size=15pt]How to advertise on facebook and pay with Nigerian Mastercard & Paypal[/size]
Late this year 2017, advertisement online in Nigeria has been a difficult one especially advertisement on Facebook and advertisement on google. Almost all Nigerian banks had blocked the use of their debit cards for most forms of foreign transaction like adwords, Facebook advert in Nigeria, Nigerian's payment for google play store. This is due to the Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC).

if you have tried invain trying to make payment for facebook advert and its not working please use this method.

follow the steps @ http://eduauthor.com/how-to-advertise-on-facebook-with-your-naira-mastercard-and-paypal/
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by oskaaay(m): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
obajoey:
Use gtbank master card, but u will change the currency of payment to usd. It works that way.

That only works if the account is not owing and want to advertise in dollars not naira.

HAVE YOU HEARD?
How To Advertise On Facebook And Pay In Naira: Pay Facebook Ads In Naira
https://www.nairaland.com/3377528/how-advertise-facebook-pay-naira

Amazing! 3 Months Old Baby Eaten By Rat - Picture https://www.nairaland.com/3533702/amazing-3-months-old-baby
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by ilemz(m): 6:36am On Dec 31, 2016
Hello guys, please who has been able to find a solution for The sponsored ad on facebook, i i'm still unable to use my Diamond bank Visa card and also my uba card did not work as well. Any idea, i will really appreciate. Thanks. cool
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by DadojoReloaded(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
ilemz:
Hello guys, please who has been able to find a solution for The sponsored ad on facebook, i i'm still unable to use my Diamond bank Visa card and also my uba card did not work as well. Any idea, i will really appreciate. Thanks. cool

Access bank Visa card and gtbank master card works on facebook.
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by gentlekeny(m): 12:04am On Jan 10, 2017
From GTB i tried it today
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by robminds: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2017
good to know about this
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by totoakins(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
How To Target Facebook And Instagram Adverts To The Right Audiences
This article is brought to you by naijaadagency..com.ng you can contact us on 07069399337.
One major complain of people advertising online is lack of appreciable results or results that doesn't matter eg I got 1000 likes or 100 comments on my boosted post. When you ask how many did you convert to sales or how much did you recover from the adverts there is no good answer, today we want to talk about the power of custom audiences to make Facebook advertisements more effective.
Facebook Custom Audiences are one of – if not the most – essential tools for successful Facebook advertising campaigns
Facebook custom audience is the use of adverts to target people who have already interacted with your business or products before. You can sell your products to people that have visited your website,dropped their email,engaged with your page on Facebook or just customers that you have their phone numbers.
This is important because you are selling to people who have already shown an inclination to buy from your business in the past,if you also want to expand your reach and audience you can use what is called mirror audience whereby Facebook uses the demographic profile of your customers to target other people
Steps to create custom audiences
To create your first Custom Audience, go to the ”Audience” section of the Facebook Power Editor or Ads Manager.

In the Ads Manager, it’s under the Tools section. Select “Audiences.”
Since this is your first Custom Audience, you’ll need to create a new one by clicking the green “Create Audience” button. A popup window will open and ask you to pick which type of audience you’d like to create:
Types of Custom Audiences
Customer List (a.k.a. Standard) Custom Audiences
A list of emails, phone numbers, or Facebook User IDs that Facebook will match them with it’s users. Facebook will usually match between 60-80% of the contacts on your list. Uploading this list usually has to be done manually, unless you use a Custom Audience Sync tool.
Website Custom Audiences
Instead of users’ email addresses or phone numbers, you can insert a Facebook Pixel tracking code on your website and target your Facebook Advertising to all users that have visited a specific page on your website during a set time period (up to 180 days)!
Lookalike Audiences
Once you’ve created a Custom Audience, you can ask Facebook to create a broader “Lookalike Audience” to target your ads to. Facebook will look for patterns and characteristics your current users, leads, or customers, have in common – such as age, gender, or interests – and create a much bigger list of very similar users who most likely have never interacted with your business before!
We’ll go through how to create each one of these audience one-by-one,
Let’s select the “Customer List” options. These are where you can put your leads – or potential customers. You’ll have two options to sync your customer lists:

Manually upload your audience in a .txt or .csv le.
Synchronization with your Email CRM to your Facebook Ads Account

we would talk about manual upload
– Manual Upload

As Facebook only offers MailChimp integration, chances are, you’ll need to prepare a file containing the contacts you want to add to your Custom Audience. Use a CSV/Excel file or open a simple text editor and insert one value per line like this:

email1@gmail.com
email2@gmail.com
email3@yahoo.com
email4@outlook.com

Lookalike audiences
Normal custom audiences may be small the lookalike audiences allows you to target potential customers based on your previous customers
while standard custom audiences are great for re-engaging people who already had an interaction with you, lookalike audiences allow you to find hundred of thousands of users that don’t know you yet, but are very likely to become your customers.

It’s not hard to guess how powerful this feature can be. For example, you could create a Custom Audience with 10,000 of your customers, and get a Lookalike Audience with 200,000 people who are very similar to your customers and ready to be targeted with advertising!

The smallest lookalike audience, by default, is 1.9 million. You can create a lookalike audience of:

Page Fans
Email Lists
Current/Previous Customers
Website Custom Audiences
App Activity
Engagement (Video,App,Posts,andmoreverysoon)
Conversions/Standard Events
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Tiexta: 10:37am On Jan 30, 2017
am new to facebook ad pls how do i start pls help ooooo
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by imrandbest(m): 8:14am On Feb 03, 2017
Due to the restrictions on Naira ATM cards for foreign transactions, we have device a means for you to get your very own virtual credit cards for your online business..

Read about it here https://www.nairaland.com/3608084/get-reliable-visa-mastercard-virtual
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Techvillz(m): 3:32am On Mar 07, 2017
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by seasy: 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
Please,is it safe,giving your card details on facebook ads?
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by imrandbest(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
seasy:
Please,is it safe,giving your card details on facebook ads?

It is safe because Facebook will not store your card info and by the way you won't be putting your pin when using your card to make payment online.

Alternatively you can get virtual credit card for any of your online transactions here https://www.nairaland.com/3608337/get-reliable-usd-virtual-cards

Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by seasy: 9:28am On Apr 04, 2017
obajoey:
I am using gtb naira master card and it works fine. You need to change the currency of the ad to dollar.

Please,how do I change the currency to dollar?
Currently,I'm owing for the previous advert,I cant make payments and its slowing my business down.
Please help
Re: Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? by Kaffy8910(f): 7:45am On Apr 29, 2017
yale001:
GTBank Naira Master Card work very fine. Both on facebook ad and google ad. I just offset my debt with facebook ads yesterday.
Please kindly help out. My Facebook was working with naaira but it got to the end of the end month, my payment was declined, meaning I am still owing. So I tried using another method, my page has an admin, which her account is on dollar. I was the billing country and billing zip code, will the country be US or Nigeria. If Nigeria, it doesn't require a zip code. Somebody should please help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria / Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.