Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad (807 Views)

Glo Introduces Glo 2 Submarine Cable For High Speed Data And Browsing / Best Ar Games For Iphone And Ipad / How To Upgrade Your Iphone And Ipad Devices To Ios 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by pfijacobs(m): 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hello nairalanders please I need ur advice.. Can I use an ogt cable on a modem to connect and browse wit my iPad mini... Please I nid serious answers.thanks
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by pfijacobs(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Mbok
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by khalhokage(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
1st of all, it's otg cable,

And the answer to your question is no, iOS doesn't support OTG so it won't work on your iPad.
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by pfijacobs(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
Fanks boss @khal hokage.. We learn everyday.. Can I use it on an adroid tab?
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by khalhokage(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2016
pfijacobs:
Fanks boss @khal hokage.. We learn everyday.. Can I use it on an adroid tab?
Not all Android support otg, so you need to check if yours does 1st, and go being able to use a USB modem on it, i don't know, i've never tried and i have no idea why you would want to do that.
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by pfijacobs(m): 7:20am On Jul 02, 2016
khalhokage:

Not all Android support otg, so you need to check if yours does 1st, and go being able to use a USB modem on it, i don't know, i've never tried and i have no idea why you would want to do that.
thanks for d advice... I'll keep in touch
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by RitzyPrince(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2016
khalhokage:
1st of all, it's otg cable,

And the answer to your question is no, iOS doesn't support OTG so it won't work on your iPad.
Fallacy. I'm presently using OTG on my iPhone 5s....stop making absolute statements on issues u know nothing about sad
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by khalhokage(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Fallacy. I'm presently using OTG on my iPhone 5s....stop making absolute statements on issues u know nothing about sad
My dear stop blowing hot air, i can by that your phone is either jailbroken or you're using a specialized otg device, h i talking about using a generic otg cable on iOS which won't work, it's that simple most especially with a USB modem.
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by RitzyPrince(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2016
khalhokage:
My dear stop blowing hot air, i can by that your phone is either jailbroken or you're using a specialized otg device, h i talking about using a generic otg cable on iOS which won't work, it's that simple most especially with a USB modem.
What's this one even saying undecided before u disgrace yourself further make research (use Google). My phone ain't jailbroken and ain't on no specialized OTG cable ok.
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by khalhokage(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2016
RitzyPrince:
What's this one even saying undecided before u disgrace yourself further make research (use Google). My phone ain't jailbroken and ain't on no specialized OTG cable ok.

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/does-the-ipad-support-otg.125732/

Could you please post a pic of your otg device, and tell us what exactly it is capable of doing in your iPhone?
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2016
RitzyPrince:

Some ios devices support otg but not all of them. But U CANNOT use the otg to connect a modem. I don't even think that is possible on android not to talk of ios. Also otg for ios devices are much more expensive.
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by d33types: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2016
OTG cables work for iOS devices but are restricted to use by storage devices like flash drives only..
and it mostly works by jailbroken devices.
Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2016
khalhokage:

Could you please post a pic of your otg device, and tell us what exactly it is capable of doing in your iPhone?

Relax dude. This is what an otg for ios devices look like. They can be used to access files on external devices, but I don't think it can be used to connect a modem. Even androids don't do that.

Re: Urgent Advice On Ogt Cable And Ipad by RitzyPrince(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
khalhokage:

I ain't home, but below is a screenshot of the various OTG Drive for iPhone/iPad. Mine is similar with the one on the second screenshot....and for the record it does all the functions an OTG have to offer...the blog I read the blog on the link u pasted, I'm boldly telling you that it was written by some ignorant people as you....N/B: it's termed iFLash!

(1) (Reply)

How To Take Scrolling Screenshots On Iphone Or Android / How To Use Free Zenith Bank Wifi To Download Even If You Are Not A Customer / Infinix Hot 4 Users Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.