Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,624 members, 7,955,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Marriage Cost - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Cost (1083 Views)

Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? / Marriage Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Cost by osas48: 2:06am On Sep 07, 2009
Hi everybody

I'm Italian, married in Italy with a girl from Benin City.
We have 2 lovely kids cheesy and we are planning to do a traditional marriage in December in Benin City

We have low-profile standard of life in Italy, sad yet we would like to have a decent marriage in Nigeria,
but no idea of the cost. Can you help ? Will 300.000 naira be enough ? or should we spend billions like thoose
politicians , ?

Thanks in advance 4 your kind reply (, silly and funny reply are welcome aswell, )
Re: Marriage Cost by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 07, 2009
N300,000 to billions, please, lets get you to budget like an average Nigerian family first off before hitting the extremes. If you're doing a house get together for the traditional gig, then i'm sure that the amount you are looking at might scrape through.
Re: Marriage Cost by TheSly: 2:59am On Sep 07, 2009
It depends on your pocket hommie. cool
3mill is okay for a ''decent'' marriage because if you print, Let's say 100 IV Cards. . . .
Multiply that by 3 equals the number of people that would show up. . . Thats the Nigerian style so be prepared. cheesy
Re: Marriage Cost by biggaboy: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2009
The Sly:

It depends on your pocket hommie. cool
3mill is okay for a ''decent'' marriage because if you print, Let's say 100 IV Cards. . . .
Multiply that by 3 equals the number of people that would show up. . . Thats the Nigerian style so be prepared. cheesy

, the guy don yan all,, if you like bring in 20 mill, by God grace ., everything will finish all in the name of marriage. Just cut your coat according to your cloth not size o! Lau lau spending na u sabi oooooo,
Re: Marriage Cost by busybody20: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2009
3 million is an absolute waste of money especially not in these credit crunch times. . . . cut your coat according to your size as ^^^^ biggaboy said. With MAXIMUM of N1m (4,000 pounds)you should be fine!

I suggest your budget should be basically what you can afford, not because you want to impress people.
Re: Marriage Cost by osas48: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2009
I take the opportunity of this post to thank all the people responding by now cheesy
and to incourage further reply

We are not those interesting in showing up, still we know that a traditional marriage is
a once-on-the-life matter and should therefore be properly honoured

We are here trying, with your kind support, to answer the question in term of naira needed for the cerimony
but we all know that, whatever is the money spent 4 the cerimony, what really matter is that the marriage should
be honoured all the life long with a clan heart and soul,

Nevertheless a Badget has to be fixed for the cerimony, and we understand from your kind reply that 300.000 is
a very short MINIMUM sad, 1MIL could be more than necessary, kiss 10 Billions is possible shocked and 4 sure nobody
there would complain that our Badget is to high , grin grin
Re: Marriage Cost by boomlogics: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2009
My man nothing is too small or big.

In fact do that that your mind is telling you.
Re: Marriage Cost by r231(m): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2009
boomlogics:

My man nothing is too small or big.

In fact do that that your mind is telling you.

true

(1) (Reply)

What The Heck Is Wrong With Parents These Days ? / Pediatricians Or Mothers In D House Attention Please / How To Be A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.