Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? (8936 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Dies One Week After His Wedding Introduction (Photos) / Join the league of Real Men. Samsu Oil needs no introduction. Ask for d original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by ossaisly(m): 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello NL, my fiancee and I have been arguing about how much an introduction could cost us. I told her that my budget is 400k but she said that it's too small, just for an intro.....I don die! Please help me o cause this might just make me to collapse.

Please kindly help me to know how much is ideal for a Rivers lady intro.

Thanks.

Cc: ishilove. Lalasticala. Seun.
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
400k for introduction shocked better runaway before it's too late. How much will you now spend for engagement and wedding proper ? Be smart.

13 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Petroking: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
ossaisly:
Hello NL, my fiancee and I have been arguing about how much an introduction could cost us. I told her that my budget is 400k but she said that it's too small, just for an intro.....I don die! Please help me o cause this might just make me to run away.

Thanks.

I thought introduction is just a simple thing with parents.. Oga no be traditional abi nor be even mini white wedding ... Oga you need God to really show you the way.. You wan throw away bar.. which one you wan use take care of the girl?..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:04am On Jan 07, 2016
ossaisly:
Hello NL, my fiancee and I have been arguing about how much an introduction could cost us. I told her that my budget is 400k but she said that it's too small, just for an intro.....I don die! Please help me o cause this might just make me to run away.

Thanks.
Bros,400k. For intro
Are you kidding me?
When that 400k fit cover both traditional and court wedding in yorubaland here...well,na she go drink garri tire after the whole event!!!

9 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by bellong: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2016
If your introduction is more than 50k, I guess you need to re-evaluate your spending judgement.

15 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by dacovajnr: 12:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Huh! 400k for intro..Haba! Bro cancel the intro and cancel the girl join..she no get cmon pity for her to talk say 400k no reach...Baami that 400k is enough for wedding But cum Wetin u wan introduce? undecided

16 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:18am On Jan 07, 2016
dacovajnr:
Huh! 400k for intro..Haba! Bro cancel the intro and cancel the girl join..she no get cmon pity for her to talk say 400k no reach...Baami that 400k is enough for wedding? But cum Wetin u wan introduce? undecided
The girl nacheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by dacovajnr: 12:20am On Jan 07, 2016
herboshedhe:

The girl nacheesy
is that a girl or Economic Meltdown?

13 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by herboshedhe(f): 12:22am On Jan 07, 2016
dacovajnr:
is that a girl or Economic Meltdown?
All of the abovegrin

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 07, 2016
wow fear catch me. I think the op means the traditional marriage proper

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by d25(m): 12:55am On Jan 07, 2016
400k for introduction is too much. If you spend 400k for introduction, then how much is the wedding going to cost? Don't know your tribe, but 60% of introduction should be carried by the bride family. I remember very well that my wife parents didn't even want me to contribute to our introduction but I gave her some money and we went with plenty gifts on introduction day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nyceguy92: 3:26am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=ossaisly post=41729438]

I wonder if there is anything like introduction marriage.
I presume you mean making your intention known to the girl's family.

In my culture, and it appears to be same in most places, you only need to take few elders and some drinks (traditional & brewed) to the girl's family and declare your intention to marry their daughter.

The drinks and logistics should not cost more than N30,000.

Traditional marriage is the time you fullfil the necessary requirements/pay the bride price. You are deemed legally married thereafter, with or without church wedding.
It will be interesting to know what are the features of the planned introductory marriage. I think your woman is extravagant. No need to impress anybody with expensive marriage ceremony.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by CassaBooBoo(f): 3:30am On Jan 07, 2016
dacovajnr:
Huh! 400k for intro..Haba! Bro cancel the intro and cancel the girl join..she no get cmon pity for her to talk say 400k no reach...Baami that 400k is enough for wedding But cum Wetin u wan introduce? undecided

you always sha dey make laugh every time I see your comment!!!! Hahahahahahah who e go introduce before, You Lolz!!! he's introducing his tomatoes jos naaaa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by CassaBooBoo(f): 3:35am On Jan 07, 2016
please that is on the high side!!! habbba!!! just for introduction... introduction no be sitting room things again ni abeg cut your coat according to your material ooo!!! sit your fiancee down and tell her your budget...if she cannot work with it, she can as well contribute meaningfully to it and make ither dream intro!!! Please be wise ooo!!! the economy is not smiling at all...

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Exponental(m): 6:14am On Jan 07, 2016
in yorubaland, buy your cloths for both of you. take gifts with you (fruits n drinks mainly). if the girl's family are responsible, they should cater for food cos they are hosting u. you can support financially in food if asked depending on agreed estimated guest but that doesn't mean you should be extorted.... 400k is extortion..... Ask Efcc to this investigate this introgate even before they share the money..lolz

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by ossaisly(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Honestly, all your response have actually opened my eyes more.
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nina4u(f): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Thats redicioulus ..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 07, 2016
400k is too much for introduction

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Vikky014(f): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2016
ossaisly:

Thanks.
JEEZ. R U TALKING ABOUT TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE OR WHATCos the last intro in my family didnt cost upto 50k. introduction is jst about showing ur family members ur suitor and getting marriage list from them. jeez

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Vikky014(f): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Exponental:
in yorubaland, buy your cloths for both of you. take gifts with you (fruits n drinks mainly). if the girl's family are responsible, they should cater for food cos they are hosting u. you can support financially in food if asked depending on agreed estimated guest but that doesn't mean you should be extorted.... 400k is extortion..... Ask Efcc to this investigate this introgate even before they share the money..lolz
lol

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Vikky014(f): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2016
CassaBooBoo:
please that is on the high side!!! habbba!!! just for introduction... introduction no be sitting room things again ni abeg cut your coat according to your material ooo!!! sit your fiancee down and tell her your budget...if she cannot work with it, she can as well contribute meaningfully to it and make ither dream intro!!! Please be wise ooo!!! the economy is not smiling at all...
AS IN EH

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Vikky014(f): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2016
dacovajnr:
LOL

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Vikky014(f): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
400k for introduction shocked better runaway before it's too late. How much will you now spend for engagement and wedding proper ? Be smart.
HIAN Which one be engagement again u mean the trad. marriage?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by YourCoffin: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2016
She wants you to introduce 400k to the family first. Rivers people don't do marriage thingy. Just introduce money and carry your woman go Kafachan for all you like

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by dacovajnr: 10:32am On Jan 07, 2016
CassaBooBoo:

you always sha dey make laugh every time I see your comment!!!! Hahahahahahah who e go introduce before, You Lolz!!! he's introducing his tomatoes jos naaaa!!!
Like Seriously that girl is capable of committing Murder @ any fucking tym and make him go bankrupt if they eventually gt married shocked

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by lamideee(f): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2016
@ op ,abeg dat 400k 2 much for introduction. Like people above has rightly said,u shouldn't spend above 50k 4 it

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by corisande: 11:07am On Jan 07, 2016
bellong:
If your introduction is more than 50k, I guess you need to re-evaluate your spending judgement.

I concur!
If 400k is not enough for introducting yourself and family and your intentions, then how much will be enough for taking their daughter?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Hafyz23(m): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2016
400k for mere; "Your son say he wan marry our daughter,shey una aware and agree? Yes or no? Give them basket of fruits amounting to roughly 5k. Lobatan!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2016
ossaisly:

Thanks.
I doubt if u have 400k in your account cos if u do u won't be talking about that huge amount for introduction. fantasy things I guess.
That amount is enough for traditional marriage in some tribes.

I know you are kidding

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by ossaisly(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

I doubt if u have 400k in your account cos if u do u won't be talking about that huge amount for introduction. fantasy things I guess.
That amount is enough for traditional marriage in some tribes.

I know you are kidding

Boss, am not kidding here o. If I should tell you guys she said, then maybe you will be infuriated.

All the same thanks, you guys have all made my da by opening my eyes more and more. I just wish this stuff could be moved to the front page. I think she is a NLER too.
Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by jmoore(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
1 million dollars.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? by oluwanimoduroty: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
400k for intro? shocked maybe intro to her means traditional wedding

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Fed Up!! / Why Are My Friends In Nigeria Always Asking Me For Money? / My Pastor Told Me My Fiance Is Not My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.