Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! (8018 Views)

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ceny6(m): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2016
I recently saw ntel office around surulere Lagos and decided to buy and test their sim. Lets admit we have all be hearing about their amazing speed. They told me it only works on 4G LTE phones.I was quite confident that it will work with my lenovo vibe p1. Funny enough after registering and subscribing I put the sim and it didn't work. I was really disappointed however I tried this on 3 other 4G enabled phones namely : ulephone b touch 2, Huawei gr5, infinix note 2.the network keeps coming and leaving and it can't browse. If 4 random 4G phones can't access their network I wonder the kind of customers they are hoping to get!
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Barackmeringo: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2016
It's not like that.

It depends on your areas.

We're talking about 4g LTE here, its not everywhere in Lagos itself yet. Some areas are strong, some aren't

3 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by hopeforcharles(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2016
ceny6:
I recently saw ntel office around surulere Lagos and decided to buy and test their sim. Lets admit we have all be hearing about their amazing speed. They told me it only works on 4G LTE phones.I was quite confident that it will work with my lenovo vibe p1. Funny enough after registering and subscribing I put the sim and it didn't work. I was really disappointed however I tried this on 3 other 4G enabled phones namely : ulephone b touch 2, Huawei gr5, infinix note 2.the network keeps coming and leaving and it can't browse. If 4 random 4G phones can't access their network I wonder the kind of customers they are hoping to get!
See this guy U dey use chinko phone dey want test 4g Way these Chinkos dey lie like Lie mohammed Smh 4 u. Why not come and try it with my samsung S6 edge and see realistic 4g appearance

8 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ceny6(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2016
hopeforcharles:

See this guy U dey use chinko phone dey want test 4g Way these Chinkos dey lie like Lie mohammed Smh 4 u. Why not come and try it with my samsung S6 edge and see realistic 4g appearance

Oya now give me let me use lol on a serious note not everyone can be using Samsung S6 or s7.look at it at from the angle of selling a service to the masses

2 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by 2kurupt(m): 8:21am On Jul 02, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Funny how the average Nigerian will be shouting "chinko, chinko" as if they've produced ordinary tooth pick in their village before. The so called Samsung where do you think it was manufactured & assembled? Or you think the chipset was produced in heaven abi? cheesy

ntel network won't reach your phone if it's signal is not available in your location, even if you use a 1 million naira phone. @OP to prove borrow an expensive non "chinko" phone & test grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by hopeforcharles(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2016
ceny6:

Oya now give me let me use lol on a serious note not everyone can be using Samsung S6 or s7.look at it at from the angle of selling a service to the masses
I feel u bro, but if u can do try premium phones there is a reason why they are premium and a little expensive
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by hopeforcharles(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2016
2kurupt:

Funny how the average Nigerian will be shouting "chinko, chinko" as if they've produced ordinary tooth pick in their village before. The so called Samsung where do you think it was manufactured & assembled? Or you think the chipset was produced in heaven abi? cheesy

ntel network won't reach your phone if it's signal is not available in your location, even if you use a 1 million naira phone. @OP to prove borrow an expensive non "chinko" phone & test grin
See ur mouth there, Samsung I know is not chinko, all I know is these chinko sell low quality phones with hyper lies in the name of features, don't be surprised if the 4g they put there na picture or typed word,
These phones are African targeted and they know very well that we don't have 4g so they use these lies that it has as a selling point, Now imagine what they did to op, confusing him to think the chinko phone has 4g chip,
And mind u I am a producer, that earpiece u are using check well na me do am, that shoe, cloth and cdplates na me, if I tell u u no go agree so make I leave u with ur believe. Its good for business

9 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ceny6(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2016
2kurupt:

Ofcos I asked if there was availability of their network., tried it in their office too! The issue is not really my browsing with their network but rather how many customers do they really intend getting on the long run! Maybe only those on Samsung and apple will use it. Whats the fraction of such users in comparison to the general populace?
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by d33types: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2016
ceny6:
not all devices support the real LTE (4G).
most devices calling themselves 4g are actually 3.75G or HSPA and not LTE.
only very few mediatek devices such as infinix or tecno have LTE support.

Even most HTC and Samsung LTE phones aren't universal. meaning that an LTE phone made for the US might not work for Nigeria's LTE networks because their bands are different.

6 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by 2kurupt(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2016
hopeforcharles:

See ur mouth there, Samsung I know is not chinko, all I know is these chinko sell low quality phones with hyper lies in the name of features, don't be surprised if the 4g they put there na picture or typed word,
These phones are African targeted and they know very well that we don't have 4g so they use these lies that it has as a selling point, Now imagine what they did to op, confusing him to think the chinko phone has 4g chip,
And mind u I am a producer, that earpiece u are using check well na me do am, that shoe, cloth and cdplates na me, if I tell u u no go agree so make I leave u with ur believe. Its good for business

Producer indeed. You must be among those dudes the Standard Organisation of Nigerian & NCC are seeking to lockup due to the influx of inferior products in the market.

How many true Chinese brands have you used to know that they're all of low quality? It shows how naive you're.
Am sure you're a Samsung marketer, go and ask where they assemble their products

3 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by hopeforcharles(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2016
2kurupt:

Producer indeed. You must be among those dudes the Standard Organisation of Nigerian & NCC are seeking to lockup due to the influx of inferior products in the market.

How many true Chinese brands have you used to know that they're all of low quality? It shows how naive you're.
Am sure you're a Samsung marketer, go and ask where they assemble their products
LOL, today is weekend on a lighter mode, where is Samsung Assembled Korea, is it made in China? NO, you are quite naive, for the fact I produce things does that means they are not certified by the necessary organisations? Smh for dumb people not u exactly. Lol, Nafdac, Son, moon, stars certified it, what's else? It seems you are those chinko loyalist those half bread is better than non, had it been we have a working SON u won't lay hands on that cuckoo doo chinko phone u are using to post this crap online, assembling is an act of outsourcing, bruv read hard
By the way you are 2kurupt to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Thobiy(m): 10:45am On Jul 02, 2016
d33types:

not all devices support the real LTE (4G).
most devices calling themselves 4g are actually 3.75G or HSPA and not LTE.
only very few mediatek devices such as infinix or tecno have LTE support.

Even most HTC and Samsung LTE phones aren't universal. meaning that an LTE phone made for the US might not work for Nigeria's LTE networks because their bands are different.
Yeah
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Osgilliat(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2016
I don't get it why some dudes with low priced phones like chinkos will always tackles dudes with high priced phones. They see anyone with iPhones and Samsungs phones as spendthrifts.

5 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by hopeforcharles(m): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2016
Osgilliat:
I don't get it why some dudes with low priced phones like chinkos will always tackles dudes with high priced phones. They see anyone with iPhones and Samsungs phones as spendthrifts.
Tell them bruv, there is a reason it's called a premium phone,
I dislike these Chinese guys and their phone, they can lie.

1 Like

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Ehimzy(m): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2016
I hope you guys realize each 4G network has a particular band it operates on... if your phone''s radio modem doesn't support such band you won't have network reception, and also the level of network reception you get depends on the quality and strength of the modem in your phones SoC, that's why a person can get a stronger network reception than other people on the SAME area, using the SAME network

3 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by 2kurupt(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
hopeforcharles:

LOL, today is weekend on a lighter mode, where is Samsung Assembled Korea, is it made in China? NO, you are quite naive, for the fact I produce things does that means they are not certified by the necessary organisations? Smh for dumb people not u exactly. Lol, Nafdac, Son, moon, stars certified it, what's else? It seems you are those chinko loyalist those half bread is better than non, had it been we have a working SON u won't lay hands on that cuckoo doo chinko phone u are using to post this crap online, assembling is an act of outsourcing, bruv read hard
By the way you are 2kurupt to understand.

Stop throwing tantrums & insults, that's not the purpose of the thread.

So because Samsung is a South Korean company you think they they manufacture all their wares in their homeland? As you're a genius in outsourcing then how come you haven't noticed that almost all top OEMs have plants & assembling factories in China.

My point still remains that a phone being China made, chinko or whatever doesn't necessarily mean it can't posses all universal LTE bands. I guess by your reasoning you think once Samsung is stamped on a product then it's automatically all network compatible.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by 2kurupt(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Osgilliat:

There are now used iPhones & low range Samsung devices flying all over the place so it's not so big a deal anymore you dig.

Nobody gives a rat's azz if you used half your life's savings to buy a device, even market women, shoe makers & okada riders now flaunt them so what's your point?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by dustmalik: 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
This thread has been successfully derailed.

OP, I've personally used ntel on a Lenovo P1ma40, that's the dual sim variant, and it worked perfectly. You need to create an apn using ntel as the apn. Then go to your dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#*, then go into ' information'. Now scroll down and change the network type to LTE Only. You should be good from there on.

6 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Davedoz(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
dustmalik:

OP, I've personally used ntel on a Lenovo P1ma40, that's the dual sim variant, and it worked perfectly. You need to create an apn using ntel as the apn. Then go to your dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#*, then go into ' information'. Now scroll down and change the network type to LTE Only. You should be good from there on.

Now someone just made sense, hence, forcing me to comment.

Now this is my story.

I was in slot along marina in Lagos. I wanted to buy the samsung made headset. The first place I sighted was ntel stand. I decided to stop by, and see if I can purchase one ntel sim for myself. Of course all the hype on Nairaland made me do that. They brought out their own already registered sim and wanted to test it first on my phone before we go into the business of registering and all the other wahala.... Long story cut short, we tried everything possible. Even the one the above poster is talking about.... LTE ONLY, LTE + CDMA etc. There was a time it showed their full network bar. Immediately we created a new apn and inserted ntel. The network vanished. I mean the whole of it. We tried to bring it back no way. We just concluded that my 4G is real and working, Ntel 4G is real and working also. But our 4G bands are not compatible. Ntel uses a band of 900/1800/1900. Im using Gionee s plus, both sim 4G enabled. I'm yet to get the actual figures of gionee s plus 4G bands. I don Google tire. But, as I am typing this, it just occurred to me that we tried the Ntel on my sim 1 and that is the sim, I changed my imei to Q10 (because of airtel cheat 1k for 3gig grin grin grin) Maybe, if I discover the actual band of my gionee s plus and it corresponds with ntel band. Then I will go back and get the sim.

So ignorant guys mentioning chinko should wise up.

PS: the ntel guys told me it works perfectly on the Tecno Camons C5, C8 and most likely C9. Me sef, I was even shocked to hear that Wack Tecno phones get 4G(make una no vex, I just hate Infinix and Tecno products, they make inferior products most times)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ceny6(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
Davedoz:

Now this is my story.

I was in slot along marina in Lagos. I wanted to buy the samsung made headset. The first place I sighted was ntel stand. I decided to stop by, and see if I can purchase one ntel sim for myself. Of course all the hype on Nairaland made me do that. They brought out their own already registered sim and wanted to test it first on my phone before we go into the business of registering and all the other wahala.... Long story cut short, we tried everything possible. Even the one the above poster is talking about.... LTE ONLY, LTE + CDMA etc. There was a time it showed their full network bar. Immediately we created a new apn and inserted ntel. The network vanished. I mean the whole of it. We tried to bring it back no way. We just concluded that my 4G is real and working, Ntel 4G is real and working also. But our 4G bands are not compatible. Ntel uses a band of 900/1800/1900. Im using Gionee s plus, both sim 4G enabled. I'm yet to get the actual figures of gionee s plus 4G bands. I don Google tire. But, as I am typing this, it just occurred to me that we tried the Ntel on my sim 1 and that is the sim, I changed my imei to Q10 (because of airtel cheat 1k for 3gig grin grin grin) Maybe, if I discover the actual band of my gionee s plus and it corresponds with ntel band. Then I will go back and get the sim.

PS: the ntel guys told me it works perfectly on the Tecno Camons C5, C8 and most likely C9. Me sef, I was even shocked to hear that Wack Tecno phones get 4G(make una no vex, I just hate Infinix and Tecno products, they make inferior products most times)

You have really said it all. I did all the things you did and used several 4G phones. I guess their 4G band is different from what we have on our phones. This issue isnt encouraging at all. How can ntel compete with other networks if few phones can actually connect to it?

2 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ceny6(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
dustmalik:

Mine is the other variant of the P1.i have done all u posted yet it didn't work guess ur variant supports the band
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Davedoz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
ceny6:

You have really said it all. I did all the things you did and used several 4G phones. I guess their 4G band is different from what we have on our phones. This issue isnt encouraging at all. How can ntel compete with other networks if few phones can actually connect to it?

My dear you are really asking very valid and reasonable questions.... Some guys just derailed this beautiful thread. I wish this thread can make front page. So there'll be a chance of ntel seeing this.

Really how can their band be this selective It's not proper at all. Infact, I no get power to waste. The guys they're not even serious. The company has Nigerian written all over it, rubbish website, poor planning before coming out public, how can a sim card work on only 4G enabled phone. So our grand mamas and papas that will NEVER use 4G LTE enabled phone, ntel ain't for them. What is bad if the sim can work in any phone. Then if you have a 4G enabled phone. Then fine and good. You surf 4G. My dear forget that joke, called ntel. When they're ready we'll know!!!!!
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by jmichlins(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
So as i no get money buy the samsung, iphone and lgs of this world atleast for now, ntel is not for us right? Alright continue
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by papadjaji: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
I don't see anything weird in your thread.
Simple logic, get a phone that can work on their band.
I only wish Ntel could have had a proper coverage in Lagos. NB: its working perfectly on my Zero 3.

1 Like

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by dustmalik: 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
ceny6:

Mine is the other variant of the P1.i have done all u posted yet it didn't work guess ur variant supports the band
From my research, all Lenovo vibe P1 variants support band 3 and band 8, which are the bands ntel uses.
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by dridowu: 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ok

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by dustmalik: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
Davedoz:

Now this is my story.

99.9% of Chinese 4G phones, like Tecno, Infinix, UMI and the rest, support band 3 (1800). It's actually the most popular LTE band among devices built for EMEA countries, so it's a good thing that ntel acquired it.

As for those underrating the so-called chinko phones, they would be surprised to learn that right now, the only phone that is able to make VoLTE calls on ntel is a chinko phone, which is the Tecno C5. ntel got Tecno to make it VoLTE capable via software upgrade.
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Osgilliat(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
2kurupt:

There are now used iPhones & low range Samsung devices flying all over the place so it's not so big a deal anymore you dig.

Nobody gives a rat's azz if you used half your life's savings to buy a device, even market women, shoe makers & okada riders now flaunt them so what's your point?

What i'm trying to say is that you don't have to use the word "your half savings" for people with high price phones. They can afford it and they go for it, it ain't your money, they worked for it.
The high priced phone you think that its just for fame has fetched me millions of naira. I'm using it because of the flawless it can gives to me not because of the fancy. You are using your phone because it can gives you what you need. When your needs rise above the phone you are using you will surely upgrade even if it is with your half savings.
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
I think ntel should have gone with multiple bands and not just force everyone to use LTE. Some lte providers in other countries allows switching to 3g when u don't need lte or when in a poor coverage region. LTE is a sucker for battery, sometimes u don't need all that 40mbps to send emails or social network, they should allow switching to 3g or 2g to save battery. Also ntel network is not very stable in lagos, it fluctuates and we all know once phone keeps searching for LTE it consumes a whole lot of battery.

I have an ntel sim and I did not enjoy it one bit because the network in my area fluctuates even though the ntel staff told me there's network in my area around ikeja. And before anyone says chinko, I use a galaxy s6. I only get 1 bar sometimes but most of the times it keeps searching for network. I don't think I have used up to 30mb of my plan and it's just like I wasted money. I have since dumped the sim card pending when they will have the whole lagos covered because as it is right now it is a mess. They should have used multiple bands if they know they are not ready for LTE. At least I get up to 15mbps on my mtn which is enough to stream 720p videos.

It is really crazy when u have lte in one city, then just 10km away u don't have network just because theres no lte there. Whats the sense in that? If there's no lte then let us use hspa

6 Likes

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by TrollinStone: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
As person talk, when theyre ready theyll tell us. Only one band, scanty coverage, only one brand VoLTE compatible. Nawa
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by OBAGADAFFI: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
hopeforcharles:

The same Chinko phones NTEL is advertising on their site.
http://www.ntel.com.ng/devices/
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by OBAGADAFFI: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
I knew NTEL will make this big mistake by lunching 4G LTE only network.

NTEL is a National Carriers with 2G,3G and 4G license.

They're supposed to all this technologies on their network, so that subscribers can move in between this technologies.

GLO and MTN lunch their 4G LTE networks, we will understand how Telcos operate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innjoo T1 / Airtel Nigeria Is Offering 1.8GB For N500 / Problem With Tracking My Online Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.