Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! (8025 Views)

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by 2kurupt(m): 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Osgilliat:

What i'm trying to say is that you don't have to use the word "your half savings" for people with high price phones. They can afford it and they go for it, it ain't your money, they worked for it.
The high priced phone you think that its just for fame has fetched me millions of naira. I'm using it because of the flawless it can gives to me not because of the fancy. You are using your phone because it can gives you what you need. When your needs rise above the phone you are using you will surely upgrade even if it is with your half savings.

It's a two way street you. The so-called "chinko" is loved & it's users that you hate so much derive joy too from their gadgets that meets their need and there's nothing you can do about it. What makes you think users of China brands can't afford your so-called premium smartphones anyway?

Everybody gat priorities & preferences so you gat nothing on nobody no matter the cost of the phone in your pocket.
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
I knew NTEL will make this big mistake by lunching 4G LTE only network.

NTEL is a National Carriers with 2G,3G and 4G license.

They're supposed to all this technologies on their network, so that subscribers can move in between this technologies.

GLO and MTN lunch their 4G LTE networks, we will understand how Telcos operate.

Exactly. I have ditched my ntel sim and I know a lot of people are doing the same. I hate when it starts searching for LTE when it could have switched to 3G. Searching for LTE consumes a lot of battery. And picture this, u live in Ikeja GRA and work in opebi, u have LTE in GRA but no LTE at work which is just about 8km away... WTF is that? So I am expected to be removing my sim card everytime I go to work or turn off my phone as it becomes practically USELESS, on top of that it will be killing my battery searching for useles LTE. Ntel are not encouraging the use of one phone, they expect u to carry multiple phones.
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Stanley08(m): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2016
greenhulk:

Exactly. I have ditched my ntel sim and I know a lot of people are doing the same. I hate when it starts searching for LTE when it could have switched to 3G. Searching for LTE consumes a lot of battery. And picture this, u live in Ikeja GRA and work in opebi, u have LTE in GRA but no LTE at work which is just about 8km away... WTF is that? So I am expected to be removing my sim card everytime I go to work or turn off my phone as it becomes practically USELESS, on top of that it will be killing my battery searching for useles LTE. Ntel are not encouraging the use of one phone, they expect u to carry multiple phones.

Ntel is in sim 1, Etisalat is in sim 2. I don't have 2 phones. I also have 4G modem. Ntel is not right for you. Use other networks. Just like every other network, it will take time for them to cover everywhere. Be patient or use what is right for you. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by teelaweee(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Davedoz:

Now someone just made sense, hence, forcing me to comment.

Now this is my story.

I was in slot along marina in Lagos. I wanted to buy the samsung made headset. The first place I sighted was ntel stand. I decided to stop by, and see if I can purchase one ntel sim for myself. Of course all the hype on Nairaland made me do that. They brought out their own already registered sim and wanted to test it first on my phone before we go into the business of registering and all the other wahala.... Long story cut short, we tried everything possible. Even the one the above poster is talking about.... LTE ONLY, LTE + CDMA etc. There was a time it showed their full network bar. Immediately we created a new apn and inserted ntel. The network vanished. I mean the whole of it. We tried to bring it back no way. We just concluded that my 4G is real and working, Ntel 4G is real and working also. But our 4G bands are not compatible. Ntel uses a band of 900/1800/1900. Im using Gionee s plus, both sim 4G enabled. I'm yet to get the actual figures of gionee s plus 4G bands. I don Google tire. But, as I am typing this, it just occurred to me that we tried the Ntel on my sim 1 and that is the sim, I changed my imei to Q10 (because of airtel cheat 1k for 3gig grin grin grin) Maybe, if I discover the actual band of my gionee s plus and it corresponds with ntel band. Then I will go back and get the sim.

So ignorant guys mentioning chinko should wise up.

PS: the ntel guys told me it works perfectly on the Tecno Camons C5, C8 and most likely C9. Me sef, I was even shocked to hear that Wack Tecno phones get 4G(make una no vex, I just hate Infinix and Tecno products, they make inferior products most times)
Guy camon c8 Is not LTE enabled
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Veritas234(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tried 3 different phone with corresponding LTE bands with ntel yet no show. Except for my iPad Air 2 that works flawlessly with the network
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by mikron(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
ceny6:
I recently saw ntel office around surulere Lagos and decided to buy and test their sim. Lets admit we have all be hearing about their amazing speed. They told me it only works on 4G LTE phones.I was quite confident that it will work with my lenovo vibe p1. Funny enough after registering and subscribing I put the sim and it didn't work. I was really disappointed however I tried this on 3 other 4G enabled phones namely : ulephone b touch 2, Huawei gr5, infinix note 2.the network keeps coming and leaving and it can't browse. If 4 random 4G phones can't access their network I wonder the kind of customers they are hoping to get!
it doesnt work on all 4G LTE phones or modems, it works with selected bands, check for band 900 and 1800, i know it works with the aforementioned bands, ask before jumping to conclusions. goodday to u
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Davedoz(m): 8:42am On Aug 12, 2016
Davedoz:

Now this is my story.

I was in slot along marina in Lagos. I wanted to buy the samsung made headset. The first place I sighted was ntel stand. I decided to stop by, and see if I can purchase one ntel sim for myself. Of course all the hype on Nairaland made me do that. They brought out their own already registered sim and wanted to test it first on my phone before we go into the business of registering and all the other wahala.... Long story cut short, we tried everything possible. Even the one the above poster is talking about.... LTE ONLY, LTE + CDMA etc. There was a time it showed their full network bar. Immediately we created a new apn and inserted ntel. The network vanished. I mean the whole of it. We tried to bring it back no way. We just concluded that my 4G is real and working, Ntel 4G is real and working also. But our 4G bands are not compatible. Ntel uses a band of 900/1800/1900. Im using Gionee s plus, both sim 4G enabled. I'm yet to get the actual figures of gionee s plus 4G bands. I don Google tire. But, as I am typing this, it just occurred to me that we tried the Ntel on my sim 1 and that is the sim, I changed my imei to Q10 (because of airtel cheat 1k for 3gig grin grin grin) Maybe, if I discover the actual band of my gionee s plus and it corresponds with ntel band. Then I will go back and get the sim.

PS: the ntel guys told me it works perfectly on the Tecno Camons C5, C8 and most likely C9. Me sef, I was even shocked to hear that Wack Tecno phones get 4G(make una no vex, I just hate Infinix and Tecno products, they make inferior products most times)

Guys, I bought an unlocked mifi, went back to the ntel guys and got the ntel sim. A day later after I've been using it with the mifi, I decided to give it a try on my Gionee S Plus. I changed the imei back to the one that came with the phone and it worked.... I was so excited!!!! Infact I was motivated to give it another try in my phone after I heard someone using it on the Wackest of phones.... Innjoo!!!! Haba, then how can Gionee not work biko!!!! In terms of China phones, I give to Gionee and Xiaomi!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by duwdu: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Veritas234:
Tried 3 different phone with corresponding LTE bands with ntel yet no show. Except for my iPad Air 2 that works flawlessly with the network

This post may just have proved that some of the difficulties some are reporting using ntel services, are not necessarily attributable to ntel.

ntel works almost perfect (nothing is perfect) with my Huawei E5732 MiFi around Agungi, Lekki - at least as things stand presently.

One other aspect to LTE service providers I haven't seen mentioned on here yet, or may be that I've missed: To the best of my knowledge, most LTE service providers around the World operate on just one, or two, rarely on three, frequency bands in a given area!

Some of us may also need to come to terms with the reality that LTE/4G services are not for everyone unfortunately, at least not for a couple of years yet in Nigeria.

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by olurotimi1: 4:15am On Aug 13, 2016
So your Gionee is not wack. What makes it different from the so called techno and infinix.
Davedoz:

Now this is my story.

1 Like

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ibawon(m): 8:39am On Aug 13, 2016
hopeforcharles:

See this guy U dey use chinko phone dey want test 4g Way these Chinkos dey lie like Lie mohammed Smh 4 u. Why not come and try it with my samsung S6 edge and see realistic 4g appearance
Dude I tried it out on my One Plus One, S6 duos the thing is still as blind as shot. Their Boss inserted the SIM into his Camon C8 and it brought out bars their Reception is still crap, but their Customer Service relation is very comendable

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Nnamsco4real: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
Davedoz:

Guys, I bought an unlocked mifi, went back to the ntel guys and got the ntel sim. A day later after I've been using it with the mifi, I decided to give it a try on my Gionee S Plus. I changed the imei back to the one that came with the phone and it worked.... I was so excited!!!! Infact I was motivated to give it another try in my phone after I heard someone using it on the Wackest of phones.... Innjoo!!!! Haba, then how can Gionee not work biko!!!! In terms of China phones, I give to Gionee and Xiaomi!!!!

Please, where did you buy an unlocked mifi. What is the model
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Davedoz(m): 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nnamsco4real:

I bought from paykobo.com free delivery in Lagos. The model is Huawei 5573 I bought it for N17,500. Works on all networks except Smile. It comes with free glo, airtel, mtn and etisalat sims.

This is the link....
https://www.paykobo.com/huawei-e5573-4g-mobile-wi-fi-with-free-sims-etisalat-mtn-airtel-glo-and-free-250mb.html
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by aweso: 12:12am On Sep 07, 2016
Ntel Universal Router

Mifi also available
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by papadjaji: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Nnamsco4real:

If u r on the mainland, call ds guy on +234 803 840 7776
He will give u an unlocked Swift 4G modem at abt N10k to N12k.
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by freshcvvs: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Can Sony Z1 LTE work with Ntel sim?

Here goes its internet features for 4g LTE
UMTS:
800, 850, 2100 MHz
LTE (FDD):
Bands 19, 21, 3, 1

Networks
UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20)
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ultrazone(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
4G data plans: https://techmobify.com
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by ultrazone(m): 4:11am On Nov 12, 2016
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by RayOB1: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
ultrazone:
Please when is Ntel 4G LTE service coming to Ibadan?

Never!

Howbowdah?
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
hopeforcharles:

See this guy U dey use chinko phone dey want test 4g Way these Chinkos dey lie like Lie mohammed Smh 4 u. Why not come and try it with my samsung S6 edge and see realistic 4g appearance

Xiaomi's REDMI NOTE 4 is still a China phone, but can compete with ur Galaxy s6 edge in any aspect u can possibly think of
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by judajix(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2018
for your ntel sim to work....you need your network mode to be LTE only and it needs to be sim 2, most 4g phones support the band but dont have 4g only mode in the ui,
watch this video for a fix.....except it is not in your destiny to use ntel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMp4b3e-hI0&lc=z22dhbyr0uvdeb4viacdp435hhiiwwt4ucaq4ojk4nhw03c010c
Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by Midella: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pls do you think Ntel will work on Samsung note 4? I am just about purchasing the wawu Sim. Thanks

Re: Ntel And Their Weird 4G LTE Network!! by blustone(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2018
ceny6:
I recently saw ntel office...I wonder the kind of customers they are hoping to get!

Same observation I made.
Really going to limit d no of persons they can have.
U have to spend extra 18-40k for extra device, be it a 4G modem or phone.

Ntel's 4G bands are to limiting and selective. They need to acquire more bands or increase their spectrum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Deactivate An App That Has App Permission To Lock My Phone? / Wow! Crowd At Slot Today For Infinix Note 7. Is The Phone That Good? (Photo) * / How To Make A Call Without Airtime On Airtel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.