Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Dangers Of Over-spiritualizing Our Psychological Problems - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Over-spiritualizing Our Psychological Problems (485 Views)

Dangers Of Excessive Smoking, A Victim You Should See / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] / Dangers Of Having Cockroaches In Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Over-spiritualizing Our Psychological Problems by donmayorgroup(m): 6:53am On Jul 02, 2016
As children of God, we know we can turn to our Heavenly Father and seek His guidance and wisdom in all areas of our life. The Bible tells us in 1 Peter 5:7, “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”

Casting all our anxieties on God means that we believe in an omnipotent God who can heal us of our brokenness spiritually, mentally and physically. Out of that belief, we turn to our God with prayer and faith that He can heal. We believe this for ourselves, and we encourage others to believe the same.

God can, and sometimes does, heal us when we cry out to Him, but often He doesn’t. And the reasons for the way He reacts are best known to Him.

Often, God says to us when we continually ask him to take away our sadness, anxiety, scattered thoughts, anger and pain, “My grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in your weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

The only brokenness God promises to heal is our spiritual brokenness.

I feel really worried when people are left to die because they believe God will heal him. People with psychological challenges are taken to the churches and are left at the mercy of prayers without doing the necessary thing which is seeking a psychological therapy.

I see a trend in the Church that troubles me. The response of some of the Churches to mental illness is to over-spiritualize both the problems and the solutions....FINISH UP PLEASE >>> http://www.michaeldoosblog.info/2016/07/dangers-of-over-spiritualizing-our.html?m=1

cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Wish This Angel A Quick Recovery / D / Teeth Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.