Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? (901 Views)

So Terrible A Woman Vomit Live Snake / Pastor Adeboye: "I Still Iron My Wife's Clothes" / Why Many Keep Rising And Reverting Back To The Old Vomit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2016
It is my joy to stay righteous and Holy. But sometimes I see myself going back to the sins I have rejected. I have tried everything possible to stop it for life but it has not been working for me.
What should I do please?
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Taeewo(m): 10:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Always deworm quarterly
Byikson:
It is my joy to stay righteous and Holy. But sometimes I see myself going back to what I have rejected. I have tried everything possible to stop it for life but it has not been working for me.
What should I do please?

2 Likes

Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2016
The bible says in Matt 18:19 " If two agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them"

You alone cannot fight the powers fighting you that is why you need a higher power (pastor) to join you in prayer to stop it once & for all
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Scholar8200(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Byikson:
It is my joy to stay righteous and Holy. But sometimes I see myself going back to the sins I have rejected. I [size=15pt]have tried everything possible [/size]to stop it for life but it has not been working for me.
What should I do please?

Are you born again (with the witness of the Spirit within you?

Then it appears there lies your problem-trying sans depending on His Power. (Of course you must resist temptation and abstain from all appearances of evil but these do not replace the role of faith in victorious Christian living.

Are you abiding in Him? Do you realise and know Him not as a historic Saviour but an ever Present Deliverer from the power of sin?Have you claimed His victory over sin as yours and by faith and in the Spirit's power expect it to be your daily experience?

You may enjoy this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i7a5EpqML6MmVxNkhJTVVmckE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_i7a5EpqML6dkxLTjZvWnRDYlE/view?usp=sharing
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
Righteousness grows. No one is perfect and the fact that you want is a good starting point. Its also a seed that will grow with time. Just do your part and let God do His.
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by twosquare(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Byikson:
It is my joy to stay righteous and Holy. But sometimes I see myself going back to the sins I have rejected. I have tried everything possible to stop it for life but it has not been working for me.
What should I do please?
don't give up... First, be prayerful. Watch what comes into your mind, what you see, hear and also imagine. In prayer, ask God to quench that evil thirst and feed on the true word of God. With time, you will overcome.
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Muafrika2:
Righteousness grows. No one is perfect and the fact that you want is a good starting point. Its also a seed that will grow with time. Just do your part and let God do His.

Like how long will it take it to grow?
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
fados4sure:
The bible says in Matt 18:19 " If two agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them"

You alone cannot fight the powers fighting you that is why you need a higher power (pastor) to join you in prayer to stop it once & for all

Are you sure this will work?
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Byikson:

Are you sure this will work?
It will work if only you believe
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 03, 2016
Byikson:

Like how long will it take it to grow?
It never stops growing, because we are being transformed to look like Christ.

And there are seasons when all that has been gained is tested and overcoming temptation gives you power over it. Righteosness is more than just mens acts. It's power of God over sin. And there are times when that sin is in the spirit of man.

I've also had a season when my spirit was so weak such that I lost the power to even love God. Once in a while I'd feel hatred rising inside me (which is why I dont blame Otemanuduno for his occasional outbursts against God) and my confidence in God's righteosness being imputed on me made a huge difference. So did talking to God about my challenges. Even when you feel He's not listening.

So the one with the power to overcome is God. Listen to the gentle voice of Reason and good and do your best as you wait for the power. Have you had the phrase "..resist the devil and he will flee from you...?" It works like that. You gain power as you grow in resistance.
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

And there are seasons when all that has been gained is tested and overcoming temptation gives you power over it. Righteosness is more than just mens acts. It's power of God over sin. And there are times when that sin is in the spirit of man.

I've also had a season when my spirit was so weak such that I lost the power to even love God. Once in a while I'd feel hatred rising inside me (which is why I dont blame Otemanuduno for his occasional outbursts against God) and my confidence in God's righteosness being imputed on me made a huge difference. So did talking to God about my challenges. Even when you feel He's not listening.

So the one with the power to overcome is God. Listen to the gentle voice of Reason and good and do your best as you wait for the power. Have you had the phrase "..resist the devil and he will flee from you...?" It works like that. You gain power as you grow in resistance.
Wow...that's great!

1 Like

Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by otemanuduno: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

You mention me? Oh that's good. I don't speak against God, I speak only against jehovah(Satan) who is deceiving you and billion others. In your afterlife you shall know the truth. Buh wait a moment, does the attitudes of your god not appear to you as the attitudes of a deceiver?

2 Likes

Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

You mention me? Oh that's good. I don't speak against God, I speak only against jehovah(Satan) who is deceiving you and billion others. In your afterlife you shall know the truth. Buh wait a moment, does the attitudes of your god not appear to you as the attitudes of a deceiver?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

What truth do you know? Teach us
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by otemanuduno: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
Byikson:

I paste it here everyday. See it on this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

Nope.

Who's following you around and liking your crazy comments undecided

Byikson:

Take everything he says with a pinch of salt. He's a story teller.
Re: I Still See Myself Going Back To My Vomit. What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
Byikson:
What should I do please?

Try renewing your mind

(1) (Reply)

The Root Of Disobedience - Paul Ellis / Donation For Family Of The Victims... / Battling With This Question Ever Since

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.