Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed (2280 Views)

Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed by Ade3000yrs(m): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Here is a comprehensive description of a snail farm and fattening feed. About the snail feed, I must say I am not an inventor so no need to claim patency. People use all sort of feed, some use poultry feed, while some use powdery form of fish feed, some hv their own specially formulated feed as it is already the trend in snail farming in Australia, France, Germany, Canada, USA and even our revered Obasanjo farm in Nigeria.
But it must be NOTED that u cannot use the feed for free range snail farming as ur snails in d open mainly feed on plants and partly subject to uncontrolled limits of nature but it must be emphasized that free range has its own unique peculiarities.
It depends on ur pen mode, type and structure.
If its free range u can't use d feed but if its intensive and indoor like d fish concrete dissected mode or boxed pen, u can use it. and its sure of result in 3 to 6 months reaching 500g wt d improved feed. Others use poultry feed, others alternatively use powdered fish feed, others have their own improved feed but base on careful and painstaking research and consultations with feed mill operatives, I equally hv a high formula for wt also careful consideration to d health of end users and for commercial and economic value for farmers to give results in d shortest while. A bag of 25kg is sold at #6,000 Naira and will feed 1,500 snails for a month if heavily fed but. But ur sure of results in 3 to 6 months to get ur desired 500g. Super Extra supplements are included in d snail feed. And distributors are needed nation wide and am open to other feed mill operatives. I believe in a healthy business environment, there should not be monopoly of market and no strife cos that seems to be d culture of we Nigerians. If d white man has hoarded information from us, i don't believe we will be privilege to be online today.

Just as 30ft x 100ft dissected concrete pen like that of the fish pen or piggery pen but with walk ways in between the pens in rows and columns form with a barricading or covering net on top will house a minimum of 10,000 snails. D pen block couches from the ground must be 4 blocks high away from the ground and d over all pen area shaded away from sunlight and the interior floor must be concrete and the pen all round plastered and finely finish. U can fumigate the pen exterior areas or environment with DD force or Cyperforce every 2 weeks to keep away insects and termite and be sure u hv proper fencing and adequate security measures around your snail farm. Cos thieves could be looming waiting for the farmer to leave so that they can be king at night. If u have at least an Acre which is 6plots of standard 60ft by 120ft x6 or more of the acres, u can have other animal farm project on the farm site like poultry, fishery and piggery so as to engage enough activities on d farm site to keep d farm almost 24 hours busy and keep away thieves (external thieves). I recommend d use of guard dogs on farm site at night.
NOTE!!!! Note that in Construction of your snail pen as illustrated, u must improvise a drain outlet or piped out opening with a stopper at d basement to allow easy washing or cleaning of d pen wt water from time to time and also for d benefit of converting your snail pen to a fish pond or from fish pond back to a snail pen so that the pen can conveniently serve dual purpose depending on d economic climate and demand. Your Snail feed and and water in d pen will be supplied in to maximise resources and avoid wastage as wetting d feed in a floored pen can easily develop fungi and bacteria build up. But if u are doing dry feeding, its ok to floor d pen with feed but be sure to supply your water in flat trays. Depending or d height and temperature of d pen, humidity will definitely take its natural course. D essence of flat trays for water supply in d pen that can be built or supplied by welder is to curb d case of snail drowning in d course of trying to drink water. Also your management cost and monitoring will be reduced at large

Re: A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed by Agriman(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
Why can't you contact me to advertise for you on the agricultural web @http://www.agrobalm.com
if you are interested this is my contact
Number: 08130767357 also available for whatsapp
Email: chinawapz@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Current Price Of Yam At Zaki Biam, Lagos And Portharcourt / Send Foodstuffs And Goods To UK At An Extremely Discounted Price / Small Rice Destoner Machine Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.