Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo (763 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) / Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by harbdulrasaq88(m): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Music star Timi Dakolo has denied the claim that he stole veteran artist Majek Fashek’s song.

Majek Fashek had told Punch’s Saturday Beats recently that Dakolo stole his evergreen hit, Send Down the Rain.

“He broke the rules of copyright. He is a thief because in music business, he must take permission before he works on someone’s song,” Fashek had said.

“That is why we have COSON. I did not give anyone the right to do anything with my song.”

But Dakolo, who had done a remix of the song in 2013, said he got permission for that.

“My people, it saddens me to see such. I always try to do things rightly and lawfully,” Dakolo, who is also a judge on The Voice Nigeria, said in an Instagram post.

“I paid his manager to remake the song, I got my invoice, I even mentioned to him during our rehearsals at the Headies. So, honestly I don’t understand this write-up.

“Oga Majek Fashek. I respect and love you. Your voice gives life to lyrics. You are one of the best musicians I know. God bless you.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/i-did-not-steal-majek-fasheks-song-i.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by TRADELYN: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
The problem is that the Nigerian entertainment industry is not well organised. The individual artists are trying in their own respective way.
I don't really blame them, but the country itself is so unstable.

Political instability (before corruption) is the root cause of Naija problems. tongue
Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by kekakuz(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=20pt]. my boss did not steal your song for Christ sake. we paid your manager and even when we moved to our new building Feb 2014,we kept the invoice .
I seriously don't understand why you will say this while we are helping you raise your voice as you rot away in rehab begging for N100 to buy shekpe

God bless you all
one love people [/size]
Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by Tolexander: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
But Dakolo, who had done a remix of the song in 2013,
said he got permission for that.
“My people, it saddens me to see such. I always try to do
things rightly and lawfully,” Dakolo, who is also a judge on
The Voice Nigeria, said in an Instagram post.
2013?

That was one of the baba's hard time battling to come back to "life" after those Marijuana effects.

Probably Fashek's manager shortchanged him not paying him or fashek's situation then has lead to amnesia(loss of memory)
Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by Oche211(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Oga majek fashek, even though i truely love ur song, i don't think Timi go steal them. He's too decent for all this abegi. Timi no be ghetto singer na. He knws what controversy such as this will do to his career. So i believe Timi Dakolo on this one.
Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by uwagimboo: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
If u paid the manager nd he claims the song was used without his contest means 2 things:

*His manager never discussed with him neither did he give him share of ur payment..

*U took advantage of his "Junkie" lifestyle then, because I see no reason why u won't seat with him nd discuss it, u just mentioned it to him at the headies knowing fully well he was high..

Oga Dakolo, personally reach out to him nd Sort things out.

I love yo all..

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by faorex(m): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
booked
Re: I Did Not Steal Majek Fashek’s Song, I Paid For It – Timi Dakolo by delectablegyal(f): 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Just the same way lalasticlala betrayed me.

He banned me from romance section because i told him the truth. Seun look into this matter. I can't take this, this is partiality. You unbanned some people during the miss nairaland contest, why am i an exception? Seun, i'm calling on you, if you care about your members then you should reply me.

(1) (Reply)

How Chimamanda Adichie Kept Her Pregnancy Away From The Media / Celebrity Banquet For VIP Screening Of "Lagos In Motion" Tourist Documentary / PHOTO: Super Eagles Player Onazi Ogenyi Takes A Spin In His Porsche 911

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.