Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? (1461 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism / Christianity, Islam, African Traditional Religion, Which Is More Tolerant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by Aggressa(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2006
Dear All,
We are now in the days of “political correctness” which actually means ‘not speaking the truth to make people happy.’ We are in the days when the greatest obstacle to the salvation of souls is ignorance and deception from the pit of hell. While I commend the Pope for visiting a mosque and politicians screaming at the top of their lungs for ‘interfaith dialogue’; it is important to be careful of the ploy of satan to rob people of the free gift of salvation by not exposing them to the truth. It is based on this that I dare to declare the truth, supported by scriptural references, that Christianity and Islam are NOT sister faiths neither do they worship the same God. This is NOT an attack on “Muslims as a people” but a short comparative analysis of the core ideologies of Christianity and Islam.
While Islam is a religion, like Buddhism, Sikhism, Secular humanism, etc because they all portray a FALSE way to salvation; Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP with God that takes you straight to the CROSS. This is because ONLY on the Cross is Salvation, forgiveness, Mercies, Grace, Fulfillment, Peace, etc. The god of Islam called Allah commanded his ‘apostle’- Muhammad - and the ‘faithfuls’ to spread his religion by the sword and to loot, maim, behead all those who refuse to accept allah as their god. [Ref. Surat 9:5: "Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islâmic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikûn (i.e polytheists, pagans, idolaters, atheists, Christians & Jews who do not believe in allah) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, then leave their way free. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful"]. Muhammed took the command with relish and the spread of Islam by “Triumphantism” is well recognized historically. In fact, Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran said and I quote: “Pure JOY is to KILL and BE KILLED for allah.” We can see how the ‘faithfuls’ are carrying out this command with relish in all continents of the world. [Additional ref: Surat 9: 29 "Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah[] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."] The god of Islam -allah- is a god that is ‘so big’ that men can not have relationship with him, he has no limits neither can he be found in ‘jannat’ i.e. Islamic paradise. A review of the life and lifestyle of Muhammed from the quran will reveal a life of debauchery, deceit, compromise with pagans and paganism, hedonism, violence, extreme sexual immorality including marrying and sleeping with a 9-year old girl

Now let us compare this with the God described in the Bible who told us in 1st John 4 vs 7-8 that: “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth NOT knoweth NOT God; for GOD IS LOVE.” He also told us in Matthew 6 vs 44-45 that: “Love you enemies, bless them that that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That you may be children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” A practical demostration of this teaching can be seen in the Garden of Gethsemane when Jesus rebuked Peter for cutting off the ear of one of the Roman soldiers who came to arrest him, and promptly healed the soldier. Furthermore, Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to spread his message to all nations by teaching, discipleship and baptism as seen in Mattew 28 vs 19-20 that: “Go ye therefore, and Teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” The God described in the Bible is an All Knowing, All Present and All Powerful God and Merciful God who is committed to his words and principles.
This is not a ‘politically correct’ message, it is my own opinion based on a research on the life, message and lifestyle of Jesus Christ and Muhammad and the ideologies of Christianity and Islam. It is the truth.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by exu(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2006
We are in the days when the greatest obstacle to the salvation of souls is ignorance and deception from the pit of hell.

No.

The real ignorance is in people who still speak like this.

There is no evidence of a human 'soul' nor has anyone ever been to hell.

Stop day-dreaming and embrace the real world, it's a truely wonderful place.
Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ Exu

Dont worry, it is not by force. Just wait until you die and your soul lands in hell!
Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by gbadex1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2006
@david,
lol!

@ Havila,

hmm. . .i've heard that name before. Who's Ayatollah Khomeini?
Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by Aggressa(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ exu,
Thanks, it's a really beautiful world I'm in, but I know of a much greater glory to come. That same God that you find it difficult to believe in him still believes in you. I pray you'll open the door as He knocks.

@Gbade.x
Ayatollah Komeini was the former spiritual leader of Iran. He became the leader of theocratic Iran in 1979 after leading an Islamic revolution from exile that toppled the late Shah of Iran. He was recognised as the man who actually brought into practical operation the act of "suicide bombers" as a weapon during the Iran/Iraq war and into the Israeli/Palestine conflict, etc up till now. He was the man who passed a 'fatwa' (islamic death sentence) on Salman Rushdie, an indian born British author, who wrote the 'Satanic Verses' which is a best-selling book that contains some passages considered offensive to Islam and the prophet. Though Rushdie publicly apologized, the fatwa was not revoked; Khomieini explaining that even if Salman Rushdie repents and become the most pious man of all time, it is incumbent on "every Muslim" to employ everything he has got, his life and wealth, to send him to Hell.
You can get further information on him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhollah_Khomeini
Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 01, 2006
Allah indeed is merciful!
Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by Xvalier: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2008
Aggressa:

A review of the life and lifestyle of Muhammed from the quran will reveal a life of debauchery, deceit, compromise with pagans and paganism, hedonism, violence, extreme sexual immorality including marrying and sleeping with a 9-year old girl

Hi Aggressa, can you kindly provide info. on where in the Koran this is located
Re: Christianity & Islam: Are They Really "Sister Faiths"? by MightySparrow: 6:06am On May 18, 2013
Islam is a religion of the brother of Isaac - ishmael. Islam is different from christianity in its entirety, the name of God known to both jews and christians all ever the world even in Mo's town and time is JEHOVAH when he introduced Allah out of revelation or jealoisy the world has never known peace fulfilling the holiest of all holy books - Bible

'And the angel of the Lord said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude. 11 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.''
Gen. 16: 10 - 12
Islam is a design by God to keep his brethren awake. If you live next to a muslim be awake!
Aslaam alyakum!

(1) (Reply)

Scientists Create First Synthetic Genome / Dstv Catholic Channel / Emotional Testimony - Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.