Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

The Nigerian White Gold: Cassava - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Nigerian White Gold: Cassava (632 Views)

Cassava:the White Gold For Nigeria And Africa Continent / TME 419 Cassava Stems Available In Ibadan. / Sun Dry Cassava Chips Now Available! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian White Gold: Cassava by agricignite: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nigerian oil is our “BLACK GOLD”, while cassava can become our “WHITE GOLD” if the right steps to harnessing its potentials is taken. Nigeria is the world leading producer of cassava since 2005 till date. Yet things like ethanol that is readily gotten from cassava is imported in large quantities from Brazil. In this article, some important points will be discussed in the processing of cassava to produce two main and very industrially needed extracts from cassava.

a. Ethanol (also known as “Ogogoro”, “Kai-Kai” “Akpeteshi”, “Baba Disu”, “Number 1”, “Push me I push you”, etc..)
Industrial alcohol is an important raw material in many manufacturing industries. It is largely imported into Nigeria owing to its high demand by industries such as pharmaceuticals, distilleries, laboratories, hospitals, cosmetics, and beverage. Its application therefore cut across a wide range of industries. Ethanol from cassava can complement crude oil as a major source of foreign exchange. For example, In Brazil, you seldom see smoke from vehicle exhaust pipes, because they use ethanol produced from cassava as a source of fuel to run automobiles. They have cars that run 100% on cassava ethanol. It is noteworthy that ethanol can be generated, even from cassava peel which constitute about 26% of cassava when peeled manually and 38-55% when peeled mechanically. This is waste to wealth! - See more at: http://agricignite.com/the-nigerian-white-gold-cassava/#sthash.62BoU278.pOY1JCwv.dpuf
Re: The Nigerian White Gold: Cassava by timocoms10: 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
Wonderful right up on Cassava. I have about 3 (three)hectares of Cassava farm and I need buyers asap, anybody wanna help out. Am in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Re: The Nigerian White Gold: Cassava by timocoms10: 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
Wonderful write up on Cassava. I presently have about 3 hectares of Cassava farm and I need buyers plss.
timocoms10@gmail.com
Re: The Nigerian White Gold: Cassava by Muzok: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
This is quite interesting. I have always thought of by-products (as in raw materials) that can be be gotten from cassava. and here one is, Ethanol!

fine you have told us about ethanol, how then can we go about it. are there companies that process these things in nigeria? how can we get to them? because people are seeking ways to get these things working not just ideas. because the ideas are every where. Please if you can help I personally will be glad.

(1) (Reply)

I / 65hecter Of Farm Land For Sale Along Kaduna -abujaexpress Way sold / Help!!!! I Need An Akwa Ibom Farmer Or Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.