Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,998 members, 7,956,709 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! (882 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's World Press Conference / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Lol Mean:lee Nelson Crashes Sepp Blatter Fifa Press Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by markos: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
FIFA- Well your team is now in a precarious position after the draw with Tunisia, some will say it is almost over, qualification is certainly out of your hands, unless by some miracle Tunisia drop points, they will certainly be in South Africa next year, what is your opinion?

Amodu- well the Tunisians have 2 games to play for, nothing in guaranteed in football these days, 3 point in 1980 is not the same as 3 points in 2009, they have to fight for their lives!!

FIFA- The mood of the fans is definitely downcast, i spoke to a few supporters after the match, they reckoned if the selection process was fair in Nigeria, you will never have this job in the first place, any comments

Amodu- well the supporters are entitled to their opinions, the selection by the NFF were free and fair, i was considered the best man for the job, it was rather unfortunate that the super eagles did not have the killer zone and our defence did not stick to our game plan

FIFA- some supporters even had some harsh words that you need to return to school to learn more about the game, any comments

Amodu- well Terry, i am qualified for the game, i have a proud unbeaten record, i am yet to lose in the qualifiers, we can still make the world cup by sheer luck

FIFA- A good team makes their luck through hard work and discipline, your team seems pretty much average, your defence was caught napping today, the FIFA technical committee made a note of these findings, any comments

Amodu- who are the technical committe?? are there any Nigerians involved? is a Pa Oni on this commitee?? they dont know anything about football, these days football is so technical, you close your eyes and your opponents have fired 4 past you, did you watch Argentina? coached by the great Amandla, they were beaten soundly at home by a killer squad from Brazil

FIFA- what next for you, will you call in your resignation or see yourself out for the next 2 matches

Amodu-I cannot be sacked, i inherited a bad squad from Berti Vogts, the team is pacthed up like a dress maker will patch up clothes, i am making the most out of a bad situation, i have a contract till 2015, at the end of this campaign, i will sit down and assess our squad, a few new faces will be brought, some definitely have to leave the set up as they dont play to instructions

FIFA- It was apparent, your full back Adeleye needed cover as he was left for dead on several occasions, why did you not change things around, any sound coach would have made adjustments

Amodu- FIFA i am sound ke!! we fashioned a game plan for defensive cover and midfield football, we did not scout the Tunisians well, the VHS tape was sent at the last minute so we had barely 1 hour to counterract their game plan

They had 2 killer wingers wo made life difficult for us, i shouted instructions to my captain to clamp down on these players, he did not play to instructions, these players perform very well at club football and make life difficult for the average nigerian fan when they play together, this must be stamped out

FIFA- good luck in your final 2 games

Amodu- thank you

FIFA 7th September@ press release
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by mystikal(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2009
when a player doesnt follow a coach's instruction, well, that says a lot about the Coach and maybe the player as well.
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by allboyz(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
shyte team - shytee Coach. . . .
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by Ibime(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ Poster,

Pls provide the link. This sounds like a fictitious interview.
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by naso2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2009
markos:

FIFA- what next for you, will you call in your resignation or see yourself out for the next 2 matches

Amodu-I cannot be sacked, i inherited a bad squad from Berti Vogts, the team is pacthed up like a dress maker will patch up clothes, i am making the most out of a bad situation, i have a contract till 2015, at the end of this campaign, i will sit down and assess our squad, a few new faces will be brought, some definitely have to leave the set up as they dont play to instructions

FIFA- It was apparent, your full back Adeleye needed cover as he was left for dead on several occasions, why did you not change things around, any sound coach would have made adjustments

Amodu- FIFA i am sound ke!! we fashioned a game plan for defensive cover and midfield football, we did not scout the Tunisians well, the VHS tape was sent at the last minute so we had barely 1 hour to counterract their game plan

This Amodu is by  far worse than our worst politicians.
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by sammythes(m): 2:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
There is a need for change in pattern of play and attitude from both the coach and players. Even if the Super Eagle make it to South Africa come 2010, the way we played, the caliber player and their attitude, we won't make through to the knockout stages.  We can't stand delike of  Ghana, Cote'de vour, cameroon not talking of Spain, Brazil, or England. We are even lucky the Tunician did not win. Northern African teams are good when it comes to attacking football.  

Amodu should introduce attacking football pattern, bring in boys who are hundry to work and qualify Nigeria to South Africa. We have good players in Nigeria, i won't mind if Amodu can pick young players (from the U23, U20 team).

I just pray and hope Nigeria can make it to South Africa 2010.
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by galatico(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2009
Amodu is a stupid man he should be sacked with immediate effect!!!
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by otokx(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2009
That man should have been sacked immediately the match ended right there at the stadium and over the public address system but this is NIGERIA; he was even paid the winning allowance of $10000.
Re: Fifa Press Conference 7th Sep- Amodu! by sley4life(m): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
Amodu should be jailed. Y did he say the VHS was sent 1hr b4 the match. So all this months he was travelling to europe he didnt study the tape. G.od punish u.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria ’09: Confusion As Fifa U-17 World Cup Begins Tomorrow / Who Is The Best Striker In The World? / Who Has Witnessed The Octopus Prediction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.