Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models (1900 Views)

Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made / Check Out The Mercedes G-Class / 9 Amazing Cars From The Mercedes-benz Museum In Stuttgart, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2016
Top of the day all,
I have a new found love for this automobile, kindly fill me in on the pros and cons associated with it, all contributions are welcome. thanks in advance.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by lukaino(m): 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Spreads mat on thread with hot maize and pear to go with.
I have same interest as the op.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by Gozzzy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
one word... RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ask me why... just thank me latter.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
A very fantastic ride. My mom owns one presently. very cool.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Gozzzy:
one word... RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ask me why... just thank me latter.

You are very funny in a scary way!!! Can you please shed more light.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
tpacalipse:
A very fantastic ride. My mom owns one presently. very cool.

thanks for the positive review,man!!
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by WeNoGoDie(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
BIGWILLIAMS4U:

thanks for the positive review,man!!

Bros are you looking for a positive review or are you out to find out the truth about this model.

I ask because I also like the car but I want nothing else but the truth about it.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
Well the truth is the car is nice. Maintenance is OK as parts are cheap and everywhere. Fuel consumption is not bad at all. But I come from a family addicted to Benz anyway with 5 Mercedes in my family. Mother has three to herself. So, driving any kind of Benz may not be a big deal to someone like me unlike somebody coming from a home full of Toyota and Honda.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by auhanson(m): 12:41am On Jul 04, 2016
In nigeria, a very cheap car to maintain compared to other European cars of her category:
Tokumbo spares is everywhere and cheap too.
After market spares flood the market too and from 3rd party manufacturers, meaning, affordable parts compared to what people do say and think
The sweetest part is that you could fix anything on your own if you have the interest.

Just like any other Benz, be ready for momentary electrical but fixable faults. Majority of the time, you are only to disable battery heads and faults correct itself, this is where people "fall mugu" to unscrupulous electrician and complicate issues, hence the above slogan, "Runaway from it" from the unsavvy

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Thanks so far, more reviews please!
BTW where is this Gazzuzz man self.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by lonelydora: 11:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Una for put picture for we wey no go school, make we follow know the car nah.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
Kindly add your voice, again, all inputs are welcome,there are no stupid comments.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by sooperrescue(m): 3:52am On Jul 07, 2016
Gear in low range, then in limp mode, change egs, transfer case, valve body. Sometimes, you need to calibrate to take the car out of low range, that is when the manual mode fails. 12 plugs in a v6 but getting the right plugs is difficult. They will sell star plugs and you think it is the right one but you might buy an A class plugs all in the name of star. Power steering selects oil, so try and use the recommended one. I used to buy from Globe motors cos you dont know the oil that is inside the can at the open market. Engine is sweet when all is well and when you see the mobil 1 logo, dont assume that it is the same mobil 1 in the country else you will be battling with sludge and it will come to the point where the oil will not flow as the thickness ot the sludge is impeding free flow of oil. Whenever you see any ml on the road, most of them are frontally slanted, it is a sign that they are living in their past glory.....

1 Like

Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by auhanson(m): 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
sooperrescue:
Gear in low range, then in limp mode, change egs, transfer case, valve body. Sometimes, you need to calibrate to take the car out of low range, that is when the manual mode fails. 12 plugs in a v6 but getting the right plugs is difficult. They will sell star plugs and you think it is the right one but you might buy an A class plugs all in the name of star. Power steering selects oil, so try and use the recommended one. I used to buy from Globe motors cos you dont know the oil that is inside the can at the open market. Engine is sweet when all is well and when you see the mobil 1 logo, dont assume that it is the same mobil 1 in the country else you will be battling with sludge and it will come to the point where the oil will not flow as the thickness ot the sludge is impeding free flow of oil. Whenever you see any ml on the road, most of them are frontally slanted, it is a sign that they are living in their past glory.....

I usually leave that part for my spare part dealer to worry about, but with strong caution to him, and he has never fail-so knowledgeable and honest in spares..All i need is to just give him a call to bring me some spares,and he will deliver right at my door step.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by sooperrescue(m): 1:59am On Jul 08, 2016
You are lucky. The majority will do otherwise. A trusted parts seller ruined my E240 by selling to me an ecu, hammer and key of a six plug e class when mine was a 12 plug e class. Even when i warned him, he swore that he knew what he was doing. Suddenly, plug wires burning, siren on, central lock on and off and by the time i realized that it was a wrong ecu which he later changed, the sweet e class was gone. Anyway, that was in 2008
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 4:54am On Jul 08, 2016
sooperrescue:

Now I will grab a mat and lay here all day long, to start with, thanks for the contribution,sooperrescue, however, kindly come down to the layman's level,break down some of these terms you have used,we are not all equally auto savvy, hope you know what I mean,but thanks all the same. My take so far is that they are not models to flee from,just carefulness and doing the right thing,simple!
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by sooperrescue(m): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2016
They have seen the moon, so no need for the mat. The layman language is it is a good jeep, the air con is wonderful, the suv is balanced on the road but the two major issues are engine and transmission. When the engine is sluggish due to the use of low octane fuel, the ml uses premium unleaded fuel only and when you read what using a low octane fuel on a mercedes does to the car, that is one of the reason the poster advised that you should run. Poor fuel economy, the Gear will follow suit and when it happens, you now observe strange behavior from the gear. But the benz is able to withstand the low octane fuel better than vw, audi and co but proper care can be given to the car when you use high grade oil, try and get the real mobil 1, change your gear oil and filter yearly and get a good octane booster. Then you can boast of being a proud owner of a mercedes ml. Not all owners of mercedes benz are proud because of the agonies they have been put thru by the Germans. I will suggest you up the ante by going for the 350ml.
Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
Sooperrescue...you be correct man,solid,tanda gidigba. I have been challenged for hailing positive reviews but it sure can not come better than this, greatful as can be.Will surely get back to you for more,greatful again.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models by sooperrescue(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
You are welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Steam Wash My Engine In Abuja ? / He's Engine Kept Firing At Him. / Tired Of My 2007 pimped To 2010 Camry SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.